Eternal Card Game

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by doubtofbuddha, Aug 3, 2016.

1. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Still playing it.

I did find the RNG concerning land really annoying in two forms.
    The first is getting land screwed at the beginning with either the wrong 'influence' or simply not getting enough power.
    The Second is getting land flood in the later periods of the game where 3 turns of power, power, power is a death knell.

They have instituted a ton of stuff to try and smooth out the RNG but I find you often just fill your bg with those cards instead of the ones you want to play. The mulligan also helps as it mandates at least two power in the next draw. I'd consider it better then MTG or at least more bearable since a lot of the smoothers are free and not 'rare/expensive' lands like in magic.

One thing that really urks me though is that going first is a HUGE advantage. The only benefit going second gets is 1 card... that's it in response to a huge tempo swing for the one going first. I haven't kept track but it seems like I tend to lose a lot more going second.

2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Yeah. I like it a lot but decided I wanted to stop before I got burnt out. I have since played Elder Scrolls: Legends, Spellweaver, and am now on Hex. I like Hex.

3. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

open beta just launched for those interested in trying eternal, I am in love with it. It is aso now on steam if that matters.

4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

im still logging in to star crusade. yes its a hearthstone rip off but its in space and has enough other mechanics in it to be interesting. also the f2p model seems 'fair' and the interface is polished.

5. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

just came out for android phones, goodbye lunch break.