Etherielin's Tinkerbox: Bugs, glitches and inconveniences I come across.

Discussion in 'New Pox Nora Client Beta Bugs' started by Etherielin, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Greetings! This thread's primary purpose is to create detailed bug logs as I scour through the client and purge it of insects, errr, bugs. The thread will be split into 4 posts:
    1. Introduction post aka this one.
    2. Lobby bugs: this includes deck manager, display issues within particular game modes, marketplace etc.
    3. Game display bugs: this includes things like improperly attached ability animations, visual lag and such.
    4. Gameplay bugs: bugged abilities, champions and interactions go there.
    5. Combat log and chat bugs: this includes things like missing entries in combat log, font issues in chat, bugged chat windows etc.

Why a separate thread? Each bug will be presented with a screenshot, reproductions steps and possible fixes if I find those out. I will also try to go out of my comfort zone (read: KF) to hunt for bugs in other faction and will most likely order bugs via their factions as well.

Gnomes and Tweek516 like this.
  2. Etherielin

Lobby Bugs:

1. Rune Manager is displaying incorrect nora costs for runes while deck-building. This seems to have to do with switching tabs and filters as I seem to be getting nora costs of runes I was browsing before a change of filter or rune category.
    [​IMG]
    2. Deck builder doesn't update the amount of runes in a BG, its average cost nor the kind of runes that go inside.
    [​IMG]
    3. Choosing a rune from the available list into the deck is slow and slightly unintuitive - the default action people do is double-clicking a rune to get it into the deck rather than right-clicking.
    4. Daily missions do not show up:
    [​IMG]
    5. Marketplace is missing an error entry. It uses an "already bought a limited product" line instead of notifying you about insufficient funds and asking if you'd like to add funds. The 200 Owl Funds should also be marked red rather than white, considering I have only 3 Owls.
    [​IMG]
    6. Pack Purchase is slow and the pack opening seems to be missing an animation and sound for when the pack cracks open.
    7. Campaigns I already own should not show up on the list of campaigns available for purchase.
    [​IMG]
    8. Walkthrough Games seem to appear in both ranked and custom games lobbies after disappearing in a short while.
    9. The rewards tab in Marketplace should be renamed to "Gifts & Rewards" or just "Gifts". Seems better and has a stronger psychological effect on people.
    10. In deck manager "unowned runes" are checked by default, causing you to see all runes. Should be unchecked instead.
    [​IMG]
    11. People playing observable campaigns do not show up in Custom Games lobby.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Gnomes likes this.
  3. Etherielin

Game display bugs:

Gnomes likes this.
  4. Etherielin

Gameplay bugs:

Gnomes likes this.
  5. Etherielin

Combat log and chat bugs:

1. Clicking on a global part of chat lobbies is difficult as there's a huge area of "dead zone" where clicking on it does nothing. It's hard to pinpoint via a screenshot. You have to click on a Guild tab in order to be able to switch to Global tab as Global tab itself doesn't seem to respond.
    2. Posting in Bazaar chat no longer highlights the Bazaar tab.
    3. Something not a part of former client, but could be useful: being directly mentioned should highlight the global chat.
    4. The characteristic tab switching sounds for chats are missing (the very same sound is made when you login).
    5. There doesn't seem to be a way of seeing how many people are online without the help of commands nor is there a list of people online in a selected chat lobby.
    6. Some of the chat commands return raw code entries instead of normal results. Example: I used /whois 5amb0 to check his walkthrough game and was met with this:
    [​IMG]
    7. Entering a ranked or custom lobby will constantly change focus from guild/bazaar/global tab to the "enter queue" or "create a game" button, thus preventing you from writing.
    8. Global chat doesn't get recofused after sending a message, forcing to keep clicking to chat.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Gnomes likes this.
  6. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

To see who is online, use the /who command

7. Etherielin

That's not the point - I'm aware of the command, I'm talking about a default option for a complete newcomer.