Europeans, here's a funny tidbit

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by super71, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

moved back from*

Geressen likes this.
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Oh nooooooo the highschool culture of europe is now like the american highschool culture but way less rapey and probably still of higher quality.

the world surely must be ending.

BurnPyro likes this.
  3. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

It has been 2 years since this high school dress code change was impemented, so can you point to any larger cultural changes that have occurred since then? Alternatively, you could give an example of the culture and laws of an entire country changed starting from the highschool level.

(CITATION NEEDED)

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

[​IMG]
    More relevant than ever.

Geressen and NevrGonaGivUup like this.
  5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Uh, what?

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

and also way less gun crimey, thanks Ohmin.

BurnPyro likes this.
  7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Oh, so random misinformed BS.

Gotcha.

There sure is a lot of that these days. Not sure why you feel the need to add to the pile.

Geressen likes this.
  8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I just wanted to try and see what the appeal is, get of my back, I can quit whenever I want! you are not my real dad!

rate of **** and gun violence is way lower in the EU than in the US though.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Actually, there's something I've been meaning to talk to you about...

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

no I don't want to be adopted. find and raise your own children.

or adopt someone who wants to be adopted, I don't know!

11. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Granted, I went on an odd tack here but... this got much weirder much quicker than I expected.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I think the tldr is EU > NA

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

14. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

So from what I gathered is that the only reason Europe has to take in refugees is because we have to because its the only right thing to do. I disagree.

My logic is that if I personally wouldnt take in atleast one person, I cant expect the same from another countryman.

These migrants will consume resources. Taxpayer money and accomodations. Would you pay for a homeless man to stay at a hotel? Neither would I. And now you are asking me to pay for a foreigner, whose ancestors didnt build but raid my country? How about no.

Especially not in a time of financial crisis. Where wealth is being siphoned to the top and people are getting poorer. We owe them nothing.

Secondly most migrants arent even from Syria. The vast majority are also young men. The worst demographic to put into large shitty overcrowded shelters.

This also comes at a time where the world seems to be in a kind of pre WW-1 fearmongering state. Depending on how the future turns out these decisions might cause colossal problems. And there are no objectively sound reasons for doing it. I fully expect Le Penn to win France. More anti Iran propaganda and more terrorist attacks/migrant crimes in the future. It seems to me the rich are setting this muslim/west war just to distract everyone from the fact they stole what can be stolen.

Here's a bright idea. How about instead of Europe doing things not in their interests, the USA stops warring wars in the ME and stops covert CIA operations? Or does that make too much sense for the world we live in.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    super71 and profhulk like this.
  15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

In an ideal world the US cleans up their own mess, but they never do.

I understand your choice, I just have a different belief on the matter.

16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

In an ideal world the US doesn't make a mess in the first place.

However, in my view, based on various things I know, I think "the mess" is the goal. Not necessarily of the US (or NATO, let's not forget their involvement in much of this, and not all at US prompting) in general, but of controlling elements within it. Maybe at some point I'll make a thread outlining what I think about all this stuff and how it might fit together (where applicable).

super71 likes this.
  17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

indeed, and migrants of economic nature should be sent back and those with actual danger of political reprisal should not. this is why the applications are reviewed on a case by case basis and this takes a lot of time and manpower.the problem is many countries have been neglecting their infrastructure because there had not been this many refugees/migrants in a while and worse some countries are not co-operating to take back their emigrants.

also you can leave out the -1 bit, just a pre- ww will do.

and putting homeless in shelters is in fact what many places do. and from there some get offered a small job or brought into contact with organisations focussed on them, sure it costs money, but it reduces squalor and crime which makes the costs/benefit lean heavily in favor of not letting immigrants roam the streets unchecked.

unless you mean actually stopping them before they enter the EU which is a huge task nearly as silly as the idea of building a wall to stop mexicans. but involving a lot more drowning people.

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  18. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

It is only a mess to sane people that care about lives and who aren't warmongering psycho paths. To the US military industrial complex, CIA, Mossad, Israel, and neoconservatives these perpetual wars are just good business for government contractors like Bell, Lockheed and Martin, and Boeing.

Saandro likes this.
  19. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I've always found this really stupid logic that completely negates the point of the collective state, or even the basic idea of division of labour.

I mean, I wouldn't build a cell in my flat to imprison criminals but I still expect my country to do it.

I wouldn't go from door to door demanding a percentage of each persons income to build a new road, which I then lay myself...

The point of division of labour is that we pay people to do the things we want done but don't personally want to do.

The point of a government is that we all pay into things that should be done but which isn't in enough of any individuals interest to do.

Comissar and Geressen like this.
  20. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

A prison benefits society. Healthcare benefits society. You pay into this with the notion to make your country better. There is zero reasons I can think of where these migrants will be of any benefit to society.