Examples of Strong Kthir FF Decks

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xenoro, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Well at the base of the bg should be elven tender (stone potion/nexus aura) x2 units with Enduring aura (aurora lancer/spirit of endurance) also the relic epochal oasis for situational on demand teleport/enduring aura. Hard cc (devolve/blindingflash/majestic) and your frontline heavy hitters. The bg is vulnerable to spell spam/kb So swiftwind for on demand unstoppable and centuar banner are also pretty key.

I'll make something up later on. Post what you've got and I can help. I also have a magic amp. But I have three different versions and I'm not sure which is best. You can go full wiz or thirion spam with forest Dragon and Garu chosens. Again. I'll post them when I'm home from work.

2. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

wow you're really boss. I've never thought about knockback being a thing against phalanx and didn't even look at the swiftwind. that's some useful knowledge. I will post you something I can combine later. I'm just gathering info how to build it so it works the best.

3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Swiftwind is the balls. Ap gen is great and counters sapping armour, grim well, stunning etc

4. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Yeh i love surprising people who stand 1ap out of double tap range.

Tweek516 likes this.
  5. Tweek516

I find it very interesting you run an equip heavy fae BG. I much prefer the spell version with oracles. You have to try conclave though - stupidly crazy

6. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Low cost for big effects. Spells are tricky sometimes. Equips I just find more reliable.

7. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

IronStylus likes this.
  8. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I'll have to change my phalanx up a bit. I'm going to take out rejuvenation ring and add in swiftwind and remove aspect of life for corgi ranger

9. IronStylus

@Karmavore the naria bg doesn't load. Please post you de'lim cause I'm really interested in it.

10. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

The naria bg loads for me

11. IronStylus

@Karmavore Yes it loads now, I don't know, the picture was stuck for me before.
    I have no idea about upgrades tho and I'm curious what did you choose. Also, it doesn't look like this bg has good midfont fight potential (maybe 5-7 champions you'd like to deploy first turn not to get countered hard to a midfont battle, which has no spell or relic support) especially on current ranked map groove of ashes (with walls around midfont), so maybe you'd need to give up on contesting and build up. I don't know which champion is more important: delim or k'thun. are they like one or another or would you need both at once before you do something?
    Would you mind telling something about the delim strategy? I've never seen a good de'lim/naria bg before and I couldn't catch on what mechanic is the best and where to look for synergy the most. The theme turned out to be the most difficult to build and understand for me.

12. Xenoro

Xenoro New Member

@Karmavore, am I correct in assuming that a rascal fairy is the best poor man's harb?

13. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Rascal isn't anywhere close to harb. If you're looking for something with damage you could probably take renovator or if you're wanting initiative you're probably going to want to drop that range slot all together and take ranger elite or condor fury. Both provide pseudo range and have great stats with 8 spd and nice dmg. I prefer condor in most cases since he has a built in heal component. But ranger elite can get some nice dmg numbers with surge enemeny and had arrowshot for 3-6 range

14. IronStylus

Ok, I'm posting my current ranked bg if someone's interested. Think it's really well composed, doesn't use any cheese tht wasn't designed to be what it is (maybe nullbeast is kind of too strong in its role, but it's a necessary evil in current times)
    I didn't change it since long ago and not gonna do so soon. I only change the wild card from one to another. The wildcard here is rejuvenation ring, and I switch it from time to time.
    Screenshot from 2016-12-03 12:53:00.png

15. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

With just doombringer with adaptivel i dont like very much escapemagic. You went very hard on elves more than faeries, maybe could be worth running some elf-only trick like covenant or epochal oasis. I play wizards with full magic amp so its quite a different bg. something like this
    wiz.png
    (the burning tree is a flex spot i'm trying)

16. IronStylus

do you have another ign? cause i remember spectating someone who used fireoak in couple games.
    I don't usually go for full amp - I threat it as a bonus and consider curators as bad champions generally - i try to make full use of other abilities.
    I don't see any use of epochal oasis in my bg, and same with covenant. Maybe to avoid counterattack melee in some situations or get a double tap and bonus hp is always useful, but I dont think it's worth a slot. I don't also go for stat stacking - no fan faire, no boost, dont use adaptive pretty often - i run doomball for metamorphosis, taunt and bounce cause it sometimes counter pounce, which is my only direct defense against this Bane Shift. I have couple problems with big battles tho, if opponent is like SP with tons of hp and spell resist + mika, cause double stellar won't work as a powerturn play, so that's the only drawback of this bg. I could use reclaim as a wildcard tho but I don't think it's gonna help much against above.

Uhh, how can u not run rotc?

17. Tweek516

I dont really like RotC much, never have.

Curator is the balls, such a strong champ IMO.

@MaruXV how you finding tree? Was considering him for another BG (KF/FW wizards) for some alt DMG. And why AoL? I find her very overpriced for what she does.

Also, you run a ton of doubles, do you really find yourself using double seed?

@IronStylus I've gone off escape magic and protection a ton recently, especially protection and especially when you're running adaptive. Just don't find myself using them enough and to a large enough extent to justify the Nora cost. How you finding them?

18. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i dont dislike curator, still has spd7 and acolyte and amp for 70ish nora. not bad. also gives blast magic that on champs like menalus is really good. with ton of hp and spell resist i think having 50+ mag amp gets quite good to boost out dmg and one turn units..
    i dont run rage of the circle because: 1. i dont like the fact he gives a unit to the opponent, even if before its very good. 2. menalus said this unit is wrong for kthir ^^jokes apart, lets say its the flexspot that now i'm testing with the wiz fireplant, and i'm liking the tree more. another thing i used to play is strategist + honor coin. around him its +4dmg +1 def and thats not bad, but at the moment i'm playin without it.

19. Tweek516

Oh, and @MaruXV , its a bit harder to get used to but try aurora banner over grims eye. Still acts as a source of spot detect, but also counters things like deafening aura and abash.

20. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

curator is nice, not op but nice.
    tree is nice, i'm still not convinced if playin with tele 3 or reckless tele 3...reckless 3 is a HUGE jump but a little random, and he doesnt have big range. but tele 3 is 8 more nora. 7 maybe. He has a lot of dmg, with fire aura and blast and mag aura from menalus etc...

double seed i'm running cause i have really only mag dmg, and i need to get alt dmg in someway. seed is on spot alt dmg + fire eater(occasionally good vs UD) and inhibit touch. i tried also 1x seed 1x frost arrows, still seed is better.

AoL because in this bg i can work our some small healings here and there, and i dont have that much flex spots for champs. So i wanted 1 healer champ that could heal a lot= AoL. maybe could go with something else, but i like her for now. She can also get an attack from curator so she isnt defenceless