Examples of Strong Kthir FF Decks

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xenoro, Nov 10, 2016.

1. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

nice idea. I prefer eye in adaptive cause of spell presence, but maybe here its better the banner. i'll test it out.

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

@MaruXV

Nectar farie >>>>> AoL.

And yeah sure 1x seed is auto, but with so many useful spells and equips etc in KF I could never justify 2x to myself.

I'd definitely take tele 3 over reckless tele on tree, when its your only source of movement you want it to be good.

3. Tweek516

Oh dang, forgot fireoak lost multi. Not being able to tele and double tap hurts a lot, I probably wouldnt run it now.

4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

can tele-nova-tap-aura, not that bad.

5. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

yeah i tested a bit reckless but if you fail at the wrong moment is too bad. better pay more and tele where you want.
    nectar is better almost everytime...indeed i think i'll drop AoL in wizs and try in adaptive, where a full heal after escape magic could mean gg
    in a full amp bg pushed to limit like this i still like double seed for alt dmg

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  6. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Still you have him on avatar, wanna switch them with me? cause rotc is actually my main champion in the bg :p (not even menalaus, haha)
    I don't really get into much trouble with adaptive + hidden spells, cause I don't usually use them on doomball, but rage and mena, situationally on wisp, nullbeast or mage (never had to protect mage). escape magic is really good even for 15 hp set because 1. menalaus usually lands in position he is safe and can hit next turn, also lets me make full use of elven page, which I run with her unique ability and, well, he can't die if I deploy him. 2. rotc can't die as well, i back him up with those spells so he won't spawn anything for the opponent, especially when the zombie gets faction bonuses sometimes and drops a bit less nora than rage. And he is fast enough to enter the battle again in little time. I brought rejuvenation ring for some heal after those two escape to heal them up a bit. As you can see I barely run any heal. Only got divine favor, the ring, couple acolytes and herbal antidote for extreme cases.
    About protection - It's really hard to use, but the effect is worth 45 nora if you can predict or estimate your opponent's possible moves. It's really good against for example firks (if you know what spells might hurt you in a ff bg). Once I pressured 2 fonts with protected wisp against 2 mind shredders, some short range firk and avatar with use of chasm and relics after I put down all the alt-dmg dealers and dispellers FS player could potentially have. For example don't use it against fire decks unless your opponent used purefire and no other dispel or alt-dmg is around. I tend to use it in longer matches where I can guess what the opponent might have in his bg to counter that.

7. IronStylus

Ye I don't see either how could you need so much heal in a wiz bg. I would put her in if I had 80hp champs like in adaptive, maybe that's where she belongs to. Also really pricey to just sustain the fight and help a bit with majestic + ethereal. I would play her if she was full-ghost, but that's not gonna happen after sotm affair xD. try to use the heals you have already, then add a small portion, if you think you'll need more, add nectar (or tender, ring or catharsis bloom) and if you find youself almost-dying but living every match, add aspect. I figured out I need the ring a bit but I think Im gonna drop it for other things.

Reckless tp on frostvine - hard to tell, because I've never played the rune, at all, but from analytic perspecitve it's reliable if you want to tap someone for basic attack, because no mater where you spawn, you will be in range of attack, but not always aura or nova. also I think he'd be best to deal aoe dmg if your opponent positons poorly. I'd try him with teleport 1 and if i figured out how it looks on different current maps - i would consider switching to tp2 it won't let me for example capture or contest some font in a straight direct way I planned.

8. Tweek516

Hahah find me some cool art and sure :p

And yeah, escape magic I can get behind and understand - I only recently started dropping it from my bgs. And I can see the situations where protection is amazing, it's just the possibility of so much wasted nora and it's situational uses that turns me off. Each to their own though :)

And yeah, but you must deploy doomie a fair bit (even if you dont use it on him)?

Huh, didn't notice the antidote the first time through. I strongly disagree with that with only one adaptive champ.

9. IronStylus

I prefer antidote over emerald for couple reasons and adaptive stack doesn't make much difference to me. First of all it's much easier to position the aoe, because you can cast it anywhere you want. Second, the cooldown is always 8 and it doesn't matter if opponent destroys or keeps emerald alive, it will will always be available after those turns. third - couple good micro effects like heal, immunities and 5 nora less to spend. I think I started using it after people started playing soul corruption a while ago.
    I don't deploy doomie much. I use him for bounce and metamorphosis to play against some cheesy rushers and fishkissers, and even though it's easily cleansable, sometimes does the work.
    What my bg is lacking is a good backfire option, because mystic opposition got changed (nerfed imo but it has other pluses now), and a combat relic, so I might consider using emerald for this reason

10. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Antidote can be a lot of fun, especially if you are playing an adaptive heavy (or Fae) bg. It was one of the first spells that I got and used regularly, even as a noob I somehow saw its worth.

11. Tweek516

Yeah, but emerald is vastly superior when you don't have adaptive.

12. SireofSuns

It certainly is less niche.

13. SireofSuns

Vashal Ranger?
    [​IMG]
    Or maybe zoom in on the front warrior here?
    [​IMG]

Just figuring to use Vashal since they're in your banner (I assume you like them?).

IronStylus likes this.
  14. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Added two more bgs (holiday meta/beasts)

15. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Here is mine after the patch. Probably looking to add more healing sources. :)

[​IMG]

16. SireofSuns

What on earth is that supposed to do.

17. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Magic Amp / Wizards:
    [​IMG]

Archers:
    [​IMG]

Phalanx-like Fae:
    [​IMG]

All 3 BGs feature a different playstyle and offer unique experience with their distinct gameplay.
    Magic Amp: Can go toe to toe with most enemy BGs and drop heavy nukes, vulnerable to magic eaters and spell-proof BGs.
    Archers: elusive and with a long reach, vulnerable to arrow eaters and heavy rush.
    Fae: Can go toe to toe with most enemy BGs while remaining fairly elusive, vulnerable to AoEs and heavy rush.

SireofSuns, TeaNinja and MaruXV like this.
  18. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

It's meta, not themed. :D

19. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

seems more random than meta^^ its difficult also for me to find particular interactions in the bg...could you explain why you chosse those units instead of others? maybe we didnt get your point

20. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Sure! I will give an explanation why I chose the more uncommon runes than other runes that are more popular.

Centaur Regulator - Shatter and Spell Aegis for 66 nora, can also be used for side font battle with Hunter: Small.
    Forest Lerper - My god is the rune ever good. With Startle, Stealth, and 8 speed you can do heaps of damage. If you have max AP you can move a bit and get Blitz damage, then Stealth, then proceed to attack twice and maybe even take out a single rune.
    Guardian of the Circle - Shatter and Tough. He is extremely tanky with Frost Armor and 2 base defense.
    Light of the Circle - Basically because I got the reskin. :D But not bad at 8 speed and good range.
    Tree Spider - I like Tree Spider. Can be amazing if your playing on a map with 2 fonts like the big ST map because of Habitation. Widowmaker can be handy sometimes.
    Twisted Fireoak - Very underestimated in my opinion. Reckless Teleport 3 and Dragging Attack with range 1-4 is pretty sweet at 68 nora.
    Strategic Retreat - After the rework of it I felt the need to try it out, and turns out it's not that bad.
    Poisonquill Trap - I was just trying it out, probably going to switch back to Grimlic's Eye.