Examples of Strong Kthir FF Decks

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xenoro, Nov 10, 2016.

1. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

red contact flynn for the tournament match ^_^

2. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Just like I was away when you caught up ^^ we can both get rank with illusions I feel like there's nothing left to prove now :)

3. izmocat

izmocat The King of Potatoes

this is my elf bg. just wondering if someone could help me make it better. thanks.
    upload_2017-2-14_15-8-15.png

4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Looks pretty solid. I am not a fan of Lost Grimoire or Balancing Act but there is nothing wrong with those choices. I'd take those out, add a Strategic Retreat (or Ancestral Anger), and another champion (perhaps a Detection champ like Deadly Tracker?)

Oh yeah, you should make room for Elven Illusionist. Elven Statue might be a good replacement for Catharsis Bloom as well.

izmocat likes this.
  5. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Get rid of taskmaster too, he's terrible! Try an elven fury/elven illusionist/ghost stalker instead. Maybe a dusk Druid for detection/deadly tracker like xirone said

Also maybe drop herbal antidote or cleansing emerald, it's a bit overkill to run both!

izmocat and Xirone like this.
  6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Yeah, didn't notice that Healing Antidote and Cleansing Emerald were in the deck together. Choose one and get rid of the other. I use Healing Antidote myself.

Taskmaster does, indeed, suck.

izmocat likes this.
  7. izmocat

ok thanks guys. may post more bgs later.

8. izmocat

this is my meta bg. plz help me improve it. thanks.
    upload_2017-2-15_10-23-12.png

Etherielin and Xirone like this.
  9. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i see nothing wrong in your bg, and appreciate the corgi knight choice ;)
    only thing maybe i would play the spear in a bg with more 2x2 knights/rangers to increase the area of the blast.
    also the elven artisan could go in a bg with a couple more equips, otherwise i would choose centaur regolator or fairy trickster for shatter.

if you want to add some competitive choices elven illusionist, ghost stalker and illusion-producing units are working really well (and hated by all)

Etherielin, Xirone and izmocat like this.
  10. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Gave you 8 days... Looks like you've fallen even further behind. Keep trying! :)

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i'm gonna replace you, gemma, as top KF player. just give me...a couple of years. i just have to divorce and leave my job, so i can grind as much as i would like to^^

12. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I demand custody of the sporegills! You can have the corgis.

13. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

ok, you can keep the mushrooms.

14. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Cheap Plan Rangers:
    Screenshot from 2017-02-21 13:21:53.png
    I play aurora inspectors with arrowshot and while it isn't the best upgrade it allows me many good openings. The deck really shines at the first two turns, as with 150 nora you can deploy 54 snakecharmer, anything that is 69 or less and even a dreambox if nessesary. Vashal rangers cost 74 with reinforce 1 which also allows couple contest plays in first turns as they get another extra ap from tamed lerper. I use tortun hawkers despite not getting speed, not because I wanted to overkill on cheapness, but it synergises and sometimes their declare hunted is important with early deploys as it allows you to plan better with a gapcloser debuff

Declared Hunters Team:
    Screenshot from 2017-02-21 13:21:44.png
    The bg definitely lacks something but I couldn't identify and resolve the problem. Don't worry if your guys are ranged as you have couple tools to deal with melee rush and your early damage potential is enormous. I play one corgi ranger for one extra declare hunted even though he doesn't proc main goal which is logistics on deadly tracker. The second corgi is to deal with cheap unit spam that might overwhelm you sometimes (probably should use naturalize as a second counter). Ranger elite is there for commander and sunder (render works too). Well I'm not sure how to remake the bg but i definitely will as tracker/arrowsinger/bolter/archer commander team is awesome. Logistics range is very satisfying when it finally procs.

WizzAirDS:
    Screenshot from 2017-02-21 14:01:27.png
    The bg is the most competitive thing I'm actually playing and it finds balance between many aspects in mid-game counterplay. As everything is either fairy or elf with exception of doomball who is there to counter annoying champions or is played to counter unknown deploys, the main strategy resolves around early investigator deployment + making an offensive engagement plan. The wisps are here long-distance runners as they can tank for the longest amount of time and nullbeast is an instant/nessesary tank against couple things (bodyguard or weaken spells is a choice). the clues that are left after opponent tries to counter your plan serve well for your melees or rotc plays. protection is a wild card and blinding flash with spellsurge is really efficient as investigator is out in most matches. Could be even used x2 as SP got their cleanse answers reduced recently

I can write couple experiences with those decks if someone is interested or how I make bgs. Also there are couple counter bgs and problematic runes to those like chopping blocks or salaam for wizards or phalanxes with pull for rangers that focus on grouping. about archers - they get countered mostly if opponent runs many elusive/arroweater/tanky champions. I also lost to skeleton rush with bone mine after a good play on opponent's side but it mostly made me lose because i didn't put naturalize or battlemaster corgi then (on the bg side, not counting mistake side ;P)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  15. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

I always wondered why ppl use so much exotics and legendarys.. so i created a deck with all my legends and exotics.. and i have to say.. it works o_O

16. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

Try this deck out. It wreaks havoc on an opponent's positioning. The whole premise is tort gunbattery and forest lerper. You will contest with a tank of your choosing, i use boa for his efficiency, and pretty much control the midfont with the tort's aoe and the lerper lurking out and about in the field somewhere ;)
    You can protect your batteries with the lerpers or the corgis and fiorn. You have to be very patient with this deck but you're pretty much in the driver's seat and dictate how the match goes if you can get your pieces out. You can experiment with the spells, but these work for me. :cool:

Champs:
    Centaur Regulator
    2x Colossal Boas
    2x Corgi Rangers
    Delim
    Elven Page
    2x Forest Lerpers
    2x Snake Charmers w/ boost beast
    2x Tort GunBatteries
    Fiorn
    Sprite
    Arrowsinger

Spells:
    2x Carni Vines
    2x Fairy Dusts
    2x Grim's Banes
    Timeslip
    Inhibit Power

Equips:
    Burning Oak Seed
    Withering Fern
    Horn of Order

Relics:
    Banner
    Dreambox

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  17. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Really, drwambox?

18. chris0024

Yeah, what about it? :eek:

Still tweaking the deck, but i'm also looking to put in 2x arrowsingers with prep in there. Just need to figure out what to replace.

P.S. took out the pony for an arrowsinger

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  19. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Xirone had a deck like this with various different stuns/paralyses to make sure the artillery strike lands.

My first loss in ages was to him!

20. chris0024

His focuses on the stuns, mine disrupts the positioning. I dont care if the artillery strike hits. It's great when it does, but the dmg will be coming from something else most of the time.