Expansion champs I think need to be buffed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Mar 30, 2016.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

arroyo flamewisp(needs higher damage or flame dot and another ability)
    arroyo riftlord(needs higher damage and is overcosted)
    arroyo shadestriker(needs more abilities)
    arroyo storm orb(higher damage or shock dot and another ability)
    brightmoon lich(mindwipe aura rank 1 and 2 need cost reductions)
    calm as raging tides(change water damage from physical to magical, needs more hp and ability)
    cyclops blastmage(its first upgrade lines are poor and needs higher base damage)
    goblin king(looks overcosted at first glance)
    jellebrium overmind(looks like it needs more stats or range or dot)
    leaf on wind(needs another ability)
    midnight whisper(needs better stats and possibly another ability)
    mocking toad(needs better range stats and abilities)
    naria queen(needs 6 speed and possibly stat buffs)
    naria ragevine(probably needs higher base damage)
    naria seedling(needs stat buffs and more ability)
    prismatic wing( its close to being decent but probably needs another useful ability)
    skeezick whorl(needs 6 speed and another ability)
    valdaci needlewing(needs another ability and probably 6 speed base)
    valdaci sentry(hunter abilities need their % nerfed and a cost reduction, all skeezick need access to skeezick alliance)
    valdaci sweeper (ironically this champs even weaker than i imagined... needs better stats and 1-2 more abilities)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    IronStylus likes this.
  2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

im seeing that range champs are being nerfed in general, if that's the case than several of the new expansion ranged units will only need a dot or a dmg increase and not both.

3. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Maybe if you're finding issues with 90% of expansion champs then your evaluation is flawed.

Also, don't you dare disparage mocking toad. He's perfect as he is, and he's a great bodyguard.

4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

-__________-. lol....

play against me a few times with mocking toad and i think youll see the problem pretty quickly...

I may have jumped to conclusions on some of these champs but the majority still need work to become decently strong, most on the list are just weak.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  5. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Naria Queen was initially supposed to be 6SPD base but then the conduit buffs were permanent in design, I think it should be good at 6 speed after seeing it in play. Not sure about the rest, but don't forget that everything is costed according to the formula so if you want to add something to these champions you have to take into account that it will increase their nora cost.

Ohmin likes this.
  6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

naria queen sucks, ima take a second look at my list to see if any revisions need to be made.

since the insanely overpowered champs in coalition many (possibly even most) of new releases have been underwhelming, sokolov needs to do a better job of finding middle ground. Underpowered new runes are just as bad or worse than overpowered ones.(even tho some of the coalition releases were pretty ridiculously overpowered)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  7. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I think you are being too quick to judge smokeform, i've gotten that guy to 20+ damage effortlessly a few times now.

You are kinda right about Riftlord as early on he does float around not doing a great deal but with his HP and oblivion shield he makes a surprisingly good tank until you can exploit encouraged or dictate.

Shadestriker is just a machine for that cost but combat awareness doesn't seem all that useful for him. Another ability as you say might go down well.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

smokeform isnt bad but dont get why he has the dissipate ability, that ability really sucks. id prefer them to take a couple damage off of him and lose dissipate or for the ability itself to change to -1 per range.

potatonuts likes this.
  9. Alakhami

with adaptive build or dark awakening?

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

adaptive most likely, dmz is barely even in spirits.

11. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I find DMZ too erratic to rely on.

Thbigchief likes this.
  12. Alakhami

I just had smokeform with 8-9SPD running around.

13. Alakhami

If you want a change for those champs and consider yourself competent to do so, please, make SPECIFIC and CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions.

14. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Gutsa is in the council now?
    LOLOLOLOLOL GGWP what a joke.
    How desperate must Sok be... Shame.
    At least it wont last much, because the game is on its last breath anyways.

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Everything is not costed according to the forumla. Some champs still have modifiers. I'd say only a small portion had their modifiers lessed/removed.
    This has been going around for the last 3 years:rolleyes:
    I don't think Sok would been planning Expansion 30 "Let's Build an Expansion" which isn't set to release for what... 8-9 months? Maybe more?

16. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I know man, this is me just being a grumpy old man.
    My hopes are for the game staying alive forever - and once it reaches 1k players online, I'll back.

17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Note that removing Dissipate and -2 DMG would push the cost up to 81.

18. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Given that dissipate becomes a more and more ability depending on the range spread and that 2-5 range costs a stupidly high amount. How bout making smokeform range 3-5 will make dissipate less beyond horrible and take cost down to something more appropriate.

mw24 likes this.
  19. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Wait, are you telling me those champs running around with conduit permanently keep the stats they steal from the opposing champs? Im assuming the same thing is true for those champs with conduit:whatever a friendly conduit champ stole?

The only decent player ive played against using conduit champs was karmavore, and i didnt notice if it was sticking around permanently.

That can be kinda crazy dont ya think?

20. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I used to think the same of gutsa (love you gutsa bebe boy). But ive been discussing balance stuff with him semi-frequently as of late and ive found him to be pretty level-headed and on point about things, even when we disagree.