Export BG to Text

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fleshbits, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Fleshbits

Fleshbits Member

As I am reading forums, everyone posts their BGs as pictures. This sucks for nooblars. I dunno what the picture to name translation is.

Would it be difficult to add an export BG to text feature on the rune manager and have people use that?

MaruXV and SPiEkY like this.
  2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Some people used to use pox base but far as I'm tracking it's out dated now. Maybe just ask the bg poster the name of the runes used. I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

3. thered

thered The King of Potatoes

I have a question very similar to this one. How are people posting pictures of their bg's? I have a thread in the KF forum where I posted my bg but I had to write out every rune which seems like a lot more work than posting a picture. Is there something easy that I can do to get the picture? I'm sure there is and someone is about to tell me and I'm going to feel stupid. But it will be better for me to feel stupid and know how to do it rather than not asking and not knowing.

4. Fleshbits

Fleshbits Member

Well, thing is, I am looking over the KF forum and there is a thread with like 100 BGs. I'd kind of be an ass if I asked them to translate each one to text one by one. I just want to look them over and get a feel. You know?

They really should make an export to text button on the rune manager. It's probably a one line sql query.

5. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Ah man, go ahead and ask about runes you are not certain of. Usually someone will throw you a bone and help you out without to much trolling. Well, unless you are in the IS forums. Bunch of pricks those guys...:p

6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I use the snipping tool or something. Basically just take a screenshot and save it, then upload it.

Pixyrus likes this.
  7. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

I just use the print screen (prt sc) key when I'm looking at my bg to take a screenshot. This copies the image to the clipboard. Then open paint and paste it on there. From there you can crop out what you dont want and save it.

8. thered

Thanks mate! I just want to make it easier for myself as well as anyone looking through my bg

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You can copy a screenshot into paint, cut out the BG section, and then past it directly into the text window.

10. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Or you can download Lightshot from this wonderful site (it's legitimate and it's how I do my screens): http://prnt.sc/

11. thered

Just got it downloaded. Thanks bud!

12. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

if you are using windows, search for the snip tool or snipping tool, pin the snip tool to your task bar, it is super handy.

13. thered

I think I got it handled after all the good advice but I still very much appreciate it bro

OriginalG1 likes this.
  14. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i think that now your only choice is to ask about lists of bgs you like. but you also can see the problem as an improvement chance: you have to search for runes so your knowledge of the game improves.

15. thered

this is a great point actually. Me likey

16. Fleshbits

Fleshbits Member

Clicking cards one by one and trying to match pictures really doesn't improve my knowledge of the game at all.
    Dedicating my finite amount of time to learning what is on the actual cards and which work together does.

I'll try asking none-the-less. Best we can do for now. Wish developer would implement text export. Can't be hard.

17. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I seem to recall there actually being something like this on a previous iteration of the website (which had its own built-in forums back then, too), but, if I'm remembering correctly, it wasn't brought through to the new(er) version of the site because it wasn't used much or something like that.