Faction Bonus Change

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by xezno, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

How would Lumbering/Immobile/Stasis/Bold/etc champions be affected by the free movement bonus (either option)?

Gorebucket likes this.
  2. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think currently it's 1 free movement per 2 opposing champs, OR 1 free movement per 1 friendly champ. Either way I think usually the free movement wouldn't be granted until 1 or 2 turns later, unless you or your opponent deploys 2 runes on first turn.

3. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

No, the current options are 1 per enemy champ or 1 per 2 enemy champs and +2 max ap. I like second option of these.

4. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

Aha, thanks. I read that wrong. Gorebucket's concern makes more sense then. I too prefer the 2nd option. It seems less prone to abuse, and still maintains our +1 ap cap bonus, which is nice and unique.

Etherielin and Xirone like this.
  5. Celestus

Celestus The King of Potatoes

Can we make this Sticky?

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Due to the need for additional UI and other things with "free movement," this is the current proposal:

KF Faction Bonus
    FF: When deployed, friendly champions gain 1 AP for every 2 opposing champions in play (to a maximum of 4). Friendly champions can store an additional 1 AP.

Split Bonus: When deployed, friendly champions gain 1 AP for every 3 opposing champions in play (to a maximum of 4).

Font Bonus: Mobility for 3 turns on deploy, and at the beginning of each turn
    For enemies of count 2 to 8, the FF bonus would generate 16 total, compared to 9 for the split, but the split would not get the AP cap increase.

If the split was for every 4 champions, it'd be 16 to 6 in terms of AP gen there.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  7. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

I like it, it's a boost to Splits and a nerf to FF which is what most people saw as the issue.

8. Xirone

It is not perfectly split but I can get behind this idea. With AP gen, would Blockade hard counter the faction bonus?

Edit: Also, is there a minimum AP that is gained? For example, if 1 opposing champion is in play do friendly champions come into play with 1 AP?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  9. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Of course.
    But that is present in like what, 3 champs?

10. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

2. Juya and Thirion.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  11. Sokolov

Yea, I have to investigate that, tho probably not a huge deal at the outset.

I currently have it rounded down, so no.

12. Xirone

FF- When deployed, friendly champions gain 1 AP for every 2 opposing champions in play (to a maximum of 4, rounded down). Friendly champions can store an additional 1 AP.
    SPLIT- When deployed, friendly champions gain 1 AP for every 3 opposing champions in play (to a maximum of 2, rounded down). Friendly champions can store an additional 1 AP.
    Font Bonus- Unstoppable for 3 turns on deploy, and at the beginning of each turn.

Changes in teal. Thoughts?

xezno likes this.
  13. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Why Unstoppable? Does it counter Blockade? If so, what about playing FF or split with actual initiative/reinforcement champs?

14. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

isn't it obvious to make KF more unstoppable

DarkJello likes this.
  15. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'm not really a fan, best case you get 4 ap for one turn, and that is rather unlikely, 8 enemy champs out is late game, it just feels rather weak in my opinion.

16. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

If it gets you where you need to be about 1 turn or "half" a turn faster, it means it's that much extra champion use. It's also harder to be out of position.
    Also, I hear bonuses in general are being considered for a tone down.

17. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I really like @Xirone's tweak on @Sokolov's proposal. Either way, I am very happy with the direction our faction bonus is headed.

On an off-topic note. Serious laptop issues right now so I may be MIA for a while :( I will be back fully soon I hope.

18. Pedeguerra

My thoughts are that you are trying really hard to not get the bonus to change. Whenever anything is suggested, you are quick to try and find ways to dismiss the idea, or propose complete nonsense like font bonus giving unstopabble to units. What the heck, man.
    Sok idea is solid, and if anything it should roll as is, then tweaked apropriately if needed.

19. Sokolov

That's a weird reaction. I don't think Xirone has done any of that. Also, I value Xirone's feedback partly because he doesn't restrict himself to existing lines of thought.

Unstoppable was obviously a thought to mitigate Blockade (tho I am pretty sure it doesn't work that way), so it's not "nonsense."

DarkJello and Etherielin like this.
  20. Pedeguerra

Whatever Sok, dont know what Ive done for you to be coming at me like that (2nd time straight), but be sure it wont stop my comments. Im not intimidated by this at all.