Faction/Font Bonus inconsistencies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Dec 4, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Problem faction bonus
    UD( only half a bonus to ranged units)
    KF(its split bonus is has nearly no impact on the game and prevents kf splits from being run competitively)
    FW(pretty much worthless outside of cheapmeat spam bg, makes certain bgs in the faction cancer and makes it difficult for the faction as a whole to not suck)
    IS(weaker than most other bonus and forces the faction to make up for it in other areas otherwise itd end up in a bad state like fw)

Problem font bonus
    SL(has no affect on regen 3 champs and extremely weak affect on everything else)
    FS( Extremely weak bonus, only healing 2hp is ridiculous)
    KF(much weaker than the 4 strong font bonus)
    FW(useless outside of witch)

Font and Faction bonus currently have huge differences in their strength. I would like to see this addressed asap in a way that'd make them closer to each other in strength.(including in splits)

hopefully it won't take them a year to fix this properly... fw and kf bonus were supposed to be altered like 9months ago and they just gave up on fixing them. @Sokolov

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I would argue that split bgs shouldn't get faction bonuses at all. They get their strength from expanded rune pool and options, and should not get good split faction bonuses on top of that.

super71 likes this.
  3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

not having hero, loyalty, or a banner should be a enough to balance splits. The problem is they nerfed loyalty, banners are pretty mediocre, and they ruined half the hero in their attempt at balancing them and never went back to fix what they messed up.

4. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

Why don't you (DOG) allow all faction/font bonuses to be selectable in FF builds only. Splits would have no faction or font bonus. This would give thematic builds better support because the player could pick the faction and font bonuses the best fits the theme. If some bonuses are too strong, scale them back a little to fit the idea.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Lol?

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

thatd cause too many problems and would be too difficult for the devs to implement properly. Lets wait until they can get the basics down before making things more complicated for them to balance... o_O

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

No not lol, try playing fw. its the weakest font bonus in the game. Even sl, fs, and kf font bonus are better.

it seems decent in theory but in practice you just place your aoe outside of the font.(or often times even single target spells like ants) The ST, SP, and IS font bonus all destroy this one.(and the other non ud bonus as well)

Would you be happy if IS had the FW font bonus??? o_O

8. doubtofbuddha

And heroes are about to be allowed in splits too. I vastly prefer the thematic coherence of factions, and it feels like they are pretty much ruining any reason to play them. So if this is the design direction they want to go in, I would prefer they take away faction bonuses for splits too, just so people have some reason to play FF.

9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

taking faction bonus away from splits would pretty much ruin all split bgs... that's a really bad idea. The way to address this problem if it exist would be by giving more ff exclusives or buffing the ff exclusives that already exist.

10. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

The font bonuses I don't like:
    SL (reasons above)
    SP (I don't like the idea that a faction bonus is similar to a font bonus - see below)
    FS (a joke)

The faction bonuses I don't like:
    IS (see SP font bonus)
    KF (what MW said)

I am also against not allowing splits to have access to faction bonuses.

super71 likes this.
  11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

itd be nice if the bonus were themed right but we need to start with the basics first.(this stuff is hard for the devs to fix -___-) We need to get all the faction and font bonus to a decent and consistent power level before asking the devs to have them fit their faction themes as well. The bonus being useful and balanced in game should be the first priority.

12. doubtofbuddha

Splits are already stronger than FF bgs thanks to the larger rune pool. You can easily run the best of the best simply by running a split? Why would removing split bonuses bring the splits below FF level rather than bringing them to FF level?

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

not really, i rarely play splits and you see my accounts rankings. splits can be very strong but often times its just because of some broken rune combinations that often times just need to be nerfed.

removing split bonus would just ruin splits, itd make like every split suck like kf splits currently do. kf splits isnt even no split bonus, its just 1 split bonus and kf splits are already unplayable in competitive. Removing split bonus completely would be really really bad.

14. prymusedek

prymusedek I need me some PIE!

Just throwing it out there ... For example if u play FS/IS u have to choose one on the FF bonuses

0ryuk0 likes this.
  15. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

No.

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

The IS ff bonus is the 2nd weakest bonus(only fw's is weaker) in the game but the faction is extremely strong in other areas such as, support spells, healing, powerful relics/equips, and the strongest font bonus. UD is probably the 3rd weakest because its ranged units dont even get a full bonus for some strange reason.(all the other stat bonus factions get full stats on their ranged units)

17. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Dude you are off on a lot of these

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

it probably just seems that way to you cus you dont play half these factions.

19. Skybloom

Skybloom I need me some PIE!

Do you have any alternatives in mind regarding all of this?

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

UD just needs full bonus on their ranged units. I havent put enough thought into what would be better alternatives for the rest of the bonus issues.