Faithless (-3 nora)?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fogandsteel, May 16, 2017.

1. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov This is a major disadvantage, especially if you have more than 1 unit with Faithless. Half of the time you cannot cast spells, missing opportunities for kills and missing opportunities for saving your units from being killed. It should be like -10 Nora, at least.

2. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Sorry but you're wrong.

Tweek516 and SPiEkY like this.
  3. fogandsteel

Lol. I play Faithless champs all the time. Try and see for yourself.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's a weird ability because the value really depends on what's happening.

A single unit alone? Yea, it's a big deal.

Every unit has Faithless? Yep, big deal.

One unit with Faithless near other units without? No big deal.

5. fogandsteel

That is true. And if your deck has more than 1 Faithless unit, it feels that -3 Nora for this ability is a joke.

6. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

That is your error in deck building and not the problem of the cost of the ability. Let me add faithless to any champ I want and it likely wouldn't affect 90%+ of them gameplay wise.

It's like running a whole bunch of unequippable champions(similar case with the costing) and complaining about never being able to use your equipment.

The error is with your philosophy and deck building not the runes, mechanics or game.

7. fogandsteel

So I shouldn't be able to play Vothsair theme? Both Ireguard and Reaver are Faithless. Plus I run UD split, and sometimes use Hraken.
    It's like making Necrosis cost 20 Nora, then telling FW players who like to play worms that their error is in deck building.

8. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Well, thats a maximum of 5 faithless champions in your bg, so you should have around 10 non-faithless champs. If you don't, because you're running faithless and very few champs, then yes, your deck building is the problem.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. fogandsteel

I currently have 9 non-faithless champs in my deck. However, if you fight on 2 or 3 fronts, inevitably, you will feel that -3 Nora cost for Faithless is a joke.
    Try it yourself, then tell me that the cost is appropriate. Unequippable is -5 Nora. I would take it over Faithless any day if the champ were to cost the same.

PS. Actually, unequippable can be to your advantage against an opponent who likes to equip debuffing equipment on your champs.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  10. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

I use it alot, or used it. FF IS 2xRenegade to contest fonts, perfect on a cheap melee unit, sure sometimes it was a problem, but as long as he can drop relics, be equipped etc its not a problem.

I wish the ability Inqusition worked better, (the closest opposing champion within 5 spaces becomes Faithless) so it was possible to really seal of spells from the enemy. now its kinda impossible to position so it can affect more then 1 target. Tried a bg with having 9 inquisition champs + 2xhahndor memorials, never got it to work since they mostly target the same target (over and over and over again) or are out of range.
    Now that would have been a fun paladin bg to play, for each unit i get out your spellpresence gets wrecked. it worked wonders against Princeleafs shrinerush bg since he couldnt buff his shrinekillers, but was just to short range on inquisition or mostly that it target the same target

11. fogandsteel

@Sokolov The key factor here is that Ireguard, Reaver, and Hraken cost around 90 Nora (the way I run them, Ireguard is 93, Reaver is 88, and Hraken is 89), much more than other faithless champs (http://s-qpoxdb.rhcloud.com/ability/2004.), so oftentimes I simply do not have Nora to deploy an accompanying non-faithless unit, especially if there are more than one font to contest.
    As a result, Faithless is much more disadvantageous on high-cost units. I hope people understand why that is the case.

PS. Another interesting fact is that in the last 141 games I played this year I haven't seen anybody to run any Voth or Hraken, both in FF UD and split UD. There must be a reason why they are so unpopular. Could it be that is because Faithless is a major debuff on a high-Nora-cost unit (that doesn't feel like -3 Nora)?

12. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

I find it intensely amusing that right after posting this youre in a game against someone using not one not two but three vothsairs.

Fentum, Tweek516, super71 and 3 others like this.
  13. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Are you sure it wasn't him? His deck is gimmicky double vothsair superchamp deck, which is naturally the reason why he struggles with faithless

fogandsteel likes this.
  14. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Yeah, pretty sure.

DiCEM0nEY, super71 and fogandsteel like this.
  15. fogandsteel

Yes, indeed. Major irony.

What's intersting is that I lose to full UD faction players almost 100% of the time. In fact, I cannot remember a game this year against a FF UD deck in which I won.
    In this particular game I screwed up by wasting 50 Nora on Cleansing Emerald right in the defiling aura of Vothsair Monstrosity. Which tells you that I am a hopeless noob.

16. fogandsteel

What a pretty picture.

17. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

UD will always come out on top vs super champ bgs, and that style is very predictable because there are only about 4-5 spells that people know you will cast and will respond accordingly. I would suggest changing ur bg style if u want a better chance in general.

18. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Considering you play super champ vothsair Iregaurd I have to slightly lean towards this being a biased suggestion.

I mean your essentially asking for faithless to give a bigger discount than all vulnerability's, stasis, lethargic etc. Seems pretty drastic.

Fentum, Tweek516, super71 and 2 others like this.
  19. fogandsteel

Then you can call "biased" every suggestion from anybody arguing for improving the theme he plays often and knows well. Likewise, every suggestion to nerf a theme that he keeps losing to. I gave arguments, not just said, "Make it cost -10 Nora." The reason that you don't see others complain about it is that practically nobody else plays Vothsair theme.

20. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Vothsair isn't a theme though. I also assume the reason I see nobody complain about it is simply because it's not worth complaining about.

Tweek516, SPiEkY and nepyonisdead like this.