Favorite start champ?

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Hierokliff, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

So whats your favorite start champ when you go first? For me its Bastion, 7spd flying hardhitting monster.
    Its kinda sad even after its nerfs he is my main fighter, and flying 7spd he is the best start. i run him shielded so he is saved from the vortex, drown, vertical push, blink etc when we are contesting the mid font. Tried Talgar abit, but iniative is worthless. Or Elemental warstaff with scry, he is probably my 2nd pick for start rune, since he is sooo cheap for what he brings

When i go second it depends alot on what my enemy did deploy and the map, do i need to counter it, can i get down 2 champs to contest on different parts

Asking because i notice i got stuck in the game atm, cant really progress on beating the crap out of others. And want to be a bit more active press on my enemy from the start.

1-Bastion (7spd, flying)
    2-Elemental Warstaff (very cheap+scry)
    3-Pox Harbringer (7spd, flying, scry)
    4-Kingmaker if i see a fighter that i can deploy next turn.

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

depends on map.

Minister - Annex
    Carrier Squire - Potion
    Bastion - Early aggression.

3. Hierokliff

Hmm Minister-Annex is intresting, if iam 2nd-draw it can be real good with kingmaker to be able to drop the 2nd champ into the norafontzone instead of sdz. Trying to use other runes then my normal go-to-champions, atm angel of mercy is cheapish, flying and can survive alot. with holy blade or warchief inaguration later on she is useally a great champ that is left alone by most players if they a melee threat. And she works great with my brutal barbarians that i play atm.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Zedin, especially if i go second and they drop a melee in Turn 1

Fist of Bastion. not many things can take him out in a 1 on 1 situation.

5. concealedweapon

concealedweapon I need me some PIE!

Treasure Hunter - reduces nora cost of all dwarves by 3
    Elemental Warstaff - 3 runes are revealed each turn instead of 2
    Drunken Thug - Opportunistic basically gives it 7 speed, allowing it to chase the far-away font and get back in the game quickly

I like using these for the far-away fonts, since they're cheap.

Hierokliff likes this.
  6. Hierokliff

Started to use this little fellow more, i have no idea when that Rally ability would be useful. but he is cheap enough to be considered and sonic+physical damage is nice, noticed him when i did make a deck with melee + special rangeattack abilities, that throw javelin aint so bad.

upload_2017-5-2_21-23-48.png

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Yeah rally is generally an awful ability. Can't think of many situations i could use it well

8. Hierokliff

Maybe with that font locking dwarf that are somewhere in the shoeboxes, could keep deploying in the fonts and be impervious for the first fight. but if i got atleast 2 other champs in my font iam doing a bad job of keeping it safe and shouldnt use these runes in the first place :)
    but for 59nora he was better then i expected, 8dmg look meh but its ok, i useally got some type of brew/commander/battlemaster or sermon out. The invigorate isnt bad either and dual damagetypes is nice.