Fear swedish media / journalists

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hierokliff, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Beruge

Beruge I need me some PIE!

Well if its disputeable its not evidence now is it? Hard facts is number crunshing. And the swedish numbers do not look good at all. But equally i made a 15 point list with problems, and stopped at 15 to be nice. Yet the reason for the numbers is so its easy to critizise each point made. So if there is evidence im wrong, its just to pull it out.

There is difference with opinion and evidence.

I can say i like green better than blue. But i can not say green is not green.

Lets just say in Norway, Swedens Firk up is called "The swedish situation" or "svenske tilstander".

But looking in the other threads i see more whataboutism and intellectual dishonesty than empirical evidence based arguments.

besides that the litterature on the subject is overwhelming; start here for example.
    Massutmaning : ekonomisk politik mot utanförskap & antisocialt beteende
    av Tino Sanandaji

2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i'm talking more in the abstract, i'm not following sweden's current state at all.

and sure there's a difference between opinion and evidence, but if my opinion is that your numbers don't matter and my numbers do, am i saying that you don't have evidence? or am i saying that your evidence isn't relevant, or that you're focusing on the wrong things, or that you're not seeing the whole picture? understand please that i'm not taking a stance either way on this topic, but that this is the trend in most political discussion i see. people prioritize differently even when they agree on what exactly the problem is, and different priorities mean different approaches, different numbers given more weight, and so on. and that's IF there's an agreement on the problem.

it's never as simple as we'd like

3. Beruge

I understand what you mean. If you dont adapt to the newest evidence presented you are an idiot regardless of view/side etc.

So i basically agree with you. But if you stop using evidence as a factor in a discussion, then you do not deserve to be taken seriously.

So i agree with you.

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

right

so a frequent problem on these forums is people refusing to accept evidence as such. sometimes rightly, sometimes wrongly, but the issue is that the very idea of what constitutes evidence or truth has been politicized. in other words, i can tell you how most of the posters on these forums will respond to almost any new claim (especially if i know who's making said claim), just based on what i know of their personal views.

it gets better, because they'll pretty much all also claim that it's the "other side" that's denying all the evidence. this in turn sends the less interested/invested people to whichever shittagogue is closest to their own views

it's a great system.

5. Beruge

Ofcourse. Its typical with political wings to both be echo chambers.

Ill give posting here a rest now.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You give me too much credit

Anyhow mad sweden kids, the stuff you're citing, is that a muslim problem or an immigration problem?

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

you weren't on the list

SireofSuns likes this.
  8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

My mind can change, am I one of the 3 mentioned?

though I see scandinavian problems as a problem managing the number of migrnts and their intergration.

I just think changing the Dutch constitution to remove literally the first article saying no discriminating based on race religion or anything really (paraphrasing)
    to say "UNLESS IT"S MUSLIMS LOL" and to turn away legitimate refugees because some people fear terrorist would pick literally the worst way to get into a country is wrong. and sadly this is something profhulk and super disagree with me on.

BurnPyro likes this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Hello darkness my old friend

You just had to do it, you couldnt let me have this one thing

Dagda likes this.
  10. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I'm hoping that this hasn't actually happened yet?

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

not in my country.
    and I am unconvinced to follow instructions by some of the Americans here to do so.

12. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

What do you mean?
    Or, more specifically, what is it that you consider to be undue discrimination that some people are calling for?

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

banning muslims from things for being muslim.
    not helping refugees because they are muslim

see, there are also a few fun ones;
    in other words, if it's an emergency taking Bane Shift without promising to pay it back is okay.

if it's not a crime at the time you can't be held criminally acountable for it if it does become a crime!

make sure the place doesn't become a toxic mess.
    make sure people are healthy
    make sure there are enough houses
    make sure people can do culture and sports