Ferrens

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Sokolov, Oct 20, 2015.

1. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

You need to think of them more like the Jakei or Elven races, rather then actual ferrets. Trust me, this is how anthropomorphic races work pretty much everywhere else in the fantasy genre. Sure, they may still have animal tendencies, but they generally can be a wide range of things. I mean, if you have a preffered racial theme then by all means suggest it, but considering your the only one really upset about this it would have to be pretty good.

2. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

And this is the moment where I need to call you an idiot, sorry for that.
    I never stated that kill sense should go on all ferrens but only on the ferren NINJA.

Ninjas are assassins = kill sense is very flavorfull on him.

Learn to read befor writing.

About the racial:
    Give more ferrens portal watcher. That mechanic is so much fun to use.

3. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Just... backing out of this thread. Don't reply to me if you want a response. Things seem far too negative and unhappy in here >.<.

4. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

You're actually so ignorant you actually take the statement "trained ferrets" as in literal sense saying that they're actually trained by some individual. That's a new low. Maybe YOU should do a little more research, then maybe we can continue this conversation.

5. Phynixe

This is the most ******** thing I've read all day, you actually topped Drake.

The only decent thing and FLAVOURFUL part of it is the last sentence.

6. Mausini

7. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

After posting that comment last night i spent about half an hour watching videos of ferrets and weasels brutally killing Bane Shift on youtube and i can conclude that Kill Sense would definitely be flavorful.

These little Firkers have to consume a third of their bodyweight in meat every day just to survive, though conisdering the fact that they fearlessly take down prey double their size on a daily basis that doesn't seem to hard for them. However because they are too small they have to wear their prey down over time using their amazing stamina and agility. At the point when the Mustelid senses that it's prey is sufficiently fatigued it will pounce for the kill.

Look, this is a video of a stoat killing a rabbit that utterly dwarfs it by using this very technique. No offense to anyone here but if you think that a race of champions based on this family of animals doesn't deserve kill sense because of flavor then you might have something wrong with your head.

Braxzee likes this.
  8. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

I agree that kill sense represents what a humanoid ferret could have as an ability. The question is kill sense too powerful and that is something different. I think the chain of ferren focus should go back to Chilled, frozen, slowed, Majestic. Most importantly it works with any attack instead of just the basic attack. This represents of tiring out their prey until one of them just kills it after play time is over. That would give the portal watchers time to amp up. My 3 ferrets kill wild rabbits in this fashion. My two fuzzies go down the rabbit hole and my other fuzzy lazily lays around until a beat down rabbit try's to escape and as soon as it peers its head out of a hole she kills it instantly. Or when a raven thinks they are food they pounce and dance around it and one of the ferrtes out of nowhere just kills it.

I really like the swapping as it does reflect how ferrets play and entertain their prey until they make a mistake. If they do get kill sense it prolly needs to be a logistics ability. Ferren ninja needs something different. Maybe Shuriken blast that works like magic blast except it does not de stealth the champ when used.

9. Phynixe

Im the end whether it's flavourful or not, they already have access to savage exploit and their passive, giving them Kill Sense would be insane.

10. Braxzee

That's why I would like to focus more on the Ferren Focus chain and making swap a base ability and give them a pilfer (Pilfer fits better than Shatter) or a detect somewhere. I could see the nerf calls on kill sense and then ferren would not be adjusted for a while again.

potatonuts likes this.
  11. Phynixe

I actually just came up with a great idea. Why not bring back the old Ferren Focus racial, but instead of awestruck, keep the slow, and bring back the stun. Afterwards, the stun from Ferren Focus can only affect the same champion every other turn.

12. Mausini

The old racial was changed because it was anti fun to play against and to complicated. Your idea sounds nice but is to complicated too.
    I asked Sok if the Sunder part of Ferren Focus could be changed to Sunder 2 and even that was considered as to complicated.

But I agree. Ferren Focus in his current state is not very good. The debuff part is not strong enough for compensate the lacking def stats. The offensive part is almost non existing.

13. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Ferren are fine, they just need some support abilities and different ways to boost damage. You guys are getting way too crazy in here with these ideas lol, they are a unique theme based around swap and similar relocate abilities. Their old racial was changed and i'd honestly prefer we don't go back to it because it was bad, add in some more portal walker and some buff equipment or spell for damage for ferrens and you have a pretty good theme.

14. Braxzee

So would Chill 3, frozen, slow, stun be to complicated? or even Chilled 3, frozen, slow and it has Harmless Bauble overload. It needs something

15. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Chilled 3 as a racial is much too strong especially considering ferren have ranged units, frozen is about the only thing I could see working out balance wise and even that's annoying as Firk considering st has soo many ways to slow you down already.

Ferren should be based around swapping and portal abilities, it makes them very flavorful and quite good.

16. Phynixe

Tundra Discipline.