Festering Corpse Rework (NERF)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Redderrick, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Redderrick

Redderrick I need me some PIE!

Festering Corpse
    NOW
    • [​IMG]
    • DMG: 6
    • SPD: 5
    • RNG: 1-1
    • DEF: 0
    • HP: 44
    • Race: Undead, Zombie
    • Class: Brute
    • Base cost: 31
    • Base Abilities:Upgrades:
      • 1 :
        • (2) [​IMG] Inhibiting Touch When this champion successfully damages a champion with a basic attack, that unit becomes Inhibited for 8 turns.
        • (3) [​IMG] Latch On For the next 3 turns this unit stays adjacent to target champion while it moves. Target unit gains Lumbering.
      • 2 :
        • (4) [​IMG] Disease Aura 2 At the beginning of your opponent's turns, this unit deals 4 Disease damage to each champion within 2 spaces. This damage ignores DEF.
        • (4) [​IMG] Death Nova: Disease 3 When this unit is destroyed, it deals 11 Disease damage to each champion and Relic within 2 spaces, and deals half that much damage to any Shrine within 2 spaces. This damage ignores DEF.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NEW
    Festering Corpse
    • [​IMG]
    • DMG: 0
    • SPD: 5
    • RNG: 1-1
    • DEF: 0
    • HP: 40
    • Race: Undead, Zombie
    • Class: Brute
    • Base cost: ~10-20
    • Base Abilities:Upgrades:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  2. Redderrick

Zombies need a nerf, they are way to overwhelming when the swarms have swarm.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

So the swarms do literally zero damage?

4. Redderrick

They will have amp disease and aura to incourage disease synergy

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Summons don't have upgrades, swarms included, so no aura. Also means they won't have short lived.

6. Redderrick

Well noted.

~Bump:
    *New edits.

7. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Zombies have been nerfed time and time again over the past couple of years and due to this aren't nearly as strong as some of the current top tier decks, they certainly don't need another nerf.

The fact that F.Corpse has swarm is usually inconsequential, to trigger any Swarm ability you only need one champion with Swarm and zombies usually have several deployed at any given time so one extra chump who will often take 2-3 turns to even reach melee makes very little difference at all. The only time this would have any effect on a game is when all real champions with ZA had been killed but there were at least four other zombies still alive to proc ZA and the 5spd 6dmg champion with Lumbering is able to get the last hit, you are trying to nerf something that basically never happens.

With all that said, your suggested nerf is actually buff in most ways. As you don't need F.Corpse to have swarm in order to trigger it in a zombie bg then this essentially just removes Lumbering and allows him to apply his 6 damage without spending AP and ignoring DEF whilst also having the added utility of Fester and Amp.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

And it would be a buff to the real version as well if it just didn't have short lived.