Few beginners questions

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by Mag1cWalker, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Mag1cWalker

Mag1cWalker New Member

Hello

I joined to Pox Nora recently when game was released on steam, and i was hooked! I love art style, i love variable factions, maps, music and so on... It is really nice :)

I completed tutorial and "Welcome to Pox Nora" quests and i really noticing that this game have very high learning curve (HUGE amount of units,abilites, spells, tactics etc...).
    I found some youtube channels with some nice videos like Zero Compilation Guide, or another one inactive channel with nice lets plays. So i want to ask, is there som kind of active youtubers, streamers?

Also which Factions is most straigh forward for newbies? I play mostly FS public decks and it kinda works, but some campaigns is hard i must say :)

And since i love music in game, im sad that there is currently some kind of bug when music stop after champion dies.

There is also problem with playing singleplayers games at certain times i believe (around 14:00 GMT +1)

Resizing chat is little bugged? or is it just me?

What is recolour?

aaand i forget rest questions :D :D

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    soulmilk likes this.
  2. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

There aren't any actual streamers. You can watch others in-game but since you can't see their bgs I find it hard to really learn.

Campaigns often require a specific deck to beat, most of them are very tough with just a normal bg like you'd use in PVP. Stick with skirmishes for practicing.

You can't really say which faction is "easiest", they all have lots of nuances to them. The public decks are generally pretty decent, try them out then stick with 1 and really get to know it to do well. I like the Ironfist Crusade one the best personally.

Yep, sound is a known bug. As is resizing chat. I hate it when it decides to be most of the right-hand screen. And the singleplayer problem is new, but known and will hopefully be fixed soon. Expect the 1st two bugs to take weeks or months to fix and the singleplayer one to take days.

3. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

If you want help getting better there aren't many youtube channels since Pox isn't a super popular game. I would recommend joining a guild and asking guildies for advice. A guild you may consider is PoxAcademy which is a guild for experienced players helping new players. You can apply here or message @Moles1909 for information or help.

4. Mag1cWalker

Mag1cWalker New Member

Next question, where i can see how many CP my champion have?

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

In the rune manager, if you click on the champion you want to check and then hover over the little star icon, it will tell you how much it has.

6. 19madfox95

19madfox95 I need me some PIE!

That would probably be an awesome idea to see some veteran in PoxNora stream their game against other veterans or newbies and at the same time to give tips for newbies.

7. Mag1cWalker

Mag1cWalker New Member

Great :)

More questions :)
    So i decided to stick with Forglar Swamp, now what should i do now with my gold? Which packs should i buy or should i save gold for avatar? Also, if i decide to invest some USD (propably 20) what packs (midterm or bonds of war should i buy?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  8. ShionNR

ShionNR I need me some PIE!

Getting an avatar when you are set for that faction is highly recommended, it also comes with a banner which is a must have on any FF(full faction) bg.

As for the gold I believe you should get extended pack/box regardless if you are also using money to buy runes. Core runes can be farmed on skirmish and the new gold rate makes easy to grind for extended. Now I'm not really sure what is the best to buy with money, I know I'd go straight for the extended box, best chances to get nice stuff are there, Midterm might be nice too due to guaranteed recolors and exotics giving more "trade" value, well, better to wait more opinions regarding money, I'm just saying what would I do.

9. Mag1cWalker

Mag1cWalker New Member

I appreciate it :)

next question

How many runes of same type i can have in my battle group?

10. EmperorSauron

EmperorSauron I need me some PIE!

You can have 2 of the same type, however some runes such as heroes are unique which only allow you to have 1. Crazed Warmandrils is a rune you can have 3 of. To check more thoroughly you can click on a rune in the rune checklist or rune manager and next to the sprite the deck limit will be written.

11. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

It will say on the rune details how many copies you can have. It's also worth noting that some very good fansites to be aware of are poxbox and poxbase.

12. Mag1cWalker

Mag1cWalker New Member

Many thanks, but still i cant find any Battle groups builds made by players, or im blind? :)

13. ShionNR

ShionNR I need me some PIE!

You have to go through faction forums, you can find a bunch of bgs there, or even start a thread yourself.

14. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Love seeing new players which so much curiosity and passion about the game. <3

15. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

Save up gold for an extended box. As a new player, I'd recommend buying the midterm packs because they each come with a guaranteed exo.

16. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

First of all, I am probably the most active streamer on pox (maybe the only one) my twitch channel is www.twitch.tv/poxnora_live - I also have hundreds of Pox videos on youtube www.youtube.com/PoxReplays

Recently i'd been taking a break from streaming but today I started up again now that we have so many new players.

Check out my forum hub for video content, you will have hours of entertainment. http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/poxnora-live-streaming-and-youtube-videos.72/

In regards to what others have said, joining my guild Pox Academy could help to lead you in a good direction, we are completely focused on helping new players learn the game and improve, have a bunch of friendly vets making it happen.

a direct link to apply: https://www.poxnora.com/guilds/apply.do?i=3229

soulmilk likes this.
  17. Mag1cWalker

Mag1cWalker New Member

Ohhh, thank you so much guys for your suggestions.

To Soulmilk: i had very light sleep over 3 days because of PoxNora :d And Im really exited to get some of my decks going, it takes some times i know :)

To Molas: hello and thank you, im allready in your guild and i enjoying helpfull company. But i simply prefer to ask on forums, because it is more persistent place to ask :) And thank for your channels...

To nitebane: im not sure if i should buy Midterm packs just because exotics, since i decided to play Swamp and there is no FS exotic in midterm packs,...

New questions dear mentors :)

It has been said that we can get runes simple by playing different modes, what modes give me runes and how many? Or only skirmiches gives runes?

What about theme decks? Specifically Neuromancer theme deck since i focus on FS? Is it worth it?

soulmilk and MentalMoles like this.
  18. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

The neuromany theme deck is pretty good value. You get both Slick and Buzz (exotic hero) and a neuromancer (legendary) and a lot of the other runes are pretty useful too.

I like the idea of grabbing a neuromancy, one of either mid-term or bonds of war, then earn gold for an avatar and extended packs. That'd be over $20 of credits though.

19. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Why wouldn't there be FS in the midterm packs? Darkmarsh Witch is the midterm exo. The Risen Grenadier is FS (swamp)/ FW.

Skirmisher is the only option that gives free runes (but only from the first 6 releases = core)

20. Mag1cWalker

Mag1cWalker New Member

According to poxbase Darkmarsh Witch is from Bonds of War and same for Risen Grenadier...