FFXV

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dsjtheman, Nov 27, 2016.

1. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

Who else is looking forward to this game? I cannot wait... I feel like the Final Fantasy series is finally going to be back on track with this installment. I hope I am not wrong.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I haven't played a Final Fantasy since 9. My favorite Final Fantasy game is Tactics, but of the numbered, 5 is my favorite, followed by 1. There's something about being able to choose the makeup of my party instead of using predefined characters that I prefer. 9 was pretty good too since there were so many more characters than you could use in your party. From a story aspect, that's my favorite.

GemmaXylia likes this.
  3. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

9 was my favourite! The only final fantasy game I actually completed, all 4 mighty discs on ps1! I loved the card game thing in 9 aswell, would spend hours just playing that

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Very poor understanding of the meaning behind the word final.

darklord48 likes this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

FFIX

Cecil and Kain best dynamiq duo

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

FFIV was good, but I didn't like losing a round for Kain's jump even though it did extra damage and meant he didn't get hit.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Pokemons fly basically

cecil's dark blade power that AoE'd the whole enemy crew was dope af though

although he was better once he became a dope ass paladin

8. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

Yes!! Tetra Master was the best mini game they ever made for the series.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Have no way to play it, wish I did. Wasn't excited for it, never played any FF other than first ~hour of 4, but watched a long-play of FFXII and that looked neat.

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

FFIV had Rydia.

That's why it's the best FF.

Really though, the story of personal redemption might be cliche now (and not uncommon in fiction), but as a young person playing through that game for the first time, it's something that resonates.