Finnlord's Neophyte

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Iskandak, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Awesome looking rune. Never see it in game, which is a shame imo.

Would you run neophyte if it was changed to something like Attendant Squire?

-1 speed (he has leap...)
    Rename his current Neophyte to: Swamp blood. (and maybe change it... heal mass... fs has so much heal and he looks like he wants to fight, not nurse stuff. I really wish I was good with photoshop to show you how he'd look in a nurses outfitt tho.)

Remove: Command heal
    Add skill: Neophyte
    8 nora
    Target Boghopper gains 3 dmg and pounce: rank 3 for 1 turn. May self target

(I wanted to suggest something that resembles the attendant, but uses something like leap as every boghopper uses that.)

that would make him cost like he is now

2. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Nice idea but it doesn't fit his story lore role. The Neophyte class is a paladin unit(tanky warriors that heal) that is trained by Gekaal and used by Kartch. Often used as high security for gekaal and other noble healers, for in the bog society healing is the most sacred art(why it's rare to see wizards and stuff when not dealing with firk/jelly/darkmarsh)

I wouldn't mind seeing a change to make him more warrior like, but he needs to keep his support aspects. I wouldn't mind seeing the ranks of heal replaced with like Heal champ 2, Cleanse, Multi 1 and tier 2 being Leap 2, Command Heal, Command Charge.
    Add Neophyte to base.
    Keep stats similar but something like 10 dmg, 2 def, 7 spd, rng 1, hp 42 since he gets the buff from kartch. Right now he is silly, if you play kartch and banner he is like almost 70 hp.

One of my favorite FS runes of all time. Sick art and cool lore. Hopefully they play with him in the future rune sets to make maybe a mythic or more of his class such as a Neophyte Wizard or even a Finlord exo boghopper.

soulmilk likes this.
  3. Iskandak

I didnt know his lore :p And he still would have heal 1/2/3. FS has so many heals, I was trying to make him more into a support rune who did more than just heal. But I understand it doesnt fit into the lore :p

4. Skullferno

I dislike the idea of having a whole tier of upgrades be just heal 1/2/3 or whatever 1/2/3 such a waste for more flavorful stuff

5. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

My only problem with him is to run him viable uou need to use his neophyte.
    But you give up cleanse.
    Thats why i don't runhim.

6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Already do.

It's a good rune as is, don't really see a need to change it.

*shrug*

I just throw out the Neophyte actually. Cleanse is good and rare enough in FS (well, maybe less so with recent changes) that I'm pretty okay with sometimes having less HP and no Mass Heal. It's a bit of a shame their exclusive sure, but I think it's fine.

Iskandak likes this.
  7. Iskandak

ok, so how about making him more into a proper support rune? more healing/less dmg? transfer life where someone else lost it xD
    he has no clear role, as a support rune for either kartch or gekaal maybe he could be more supportive in this. Bodyguard is offlimits cause he's about healing :p
    I really want to have him see more pay, possibly before heroes are limited to 1 hero a bg :p

8. Skullferno

Well lore dictated to his class, he has to be a paladin. Palainds are either super tanky healz, or extreme beaters. He was trained by the protector of the swamp Kartch, and the highest priest who rules over all life in the swamp Gekaal. Generally I like him where he is at, he could be maybe -3-5 nora cheaper or give him a few more dmg but generally I think he is balanced. I run him in my bogs and I like him.