Fire Skeezick

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Schmacko, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

In case anyone wanted to try skeezicks, but doesn't have vanguards, blackguards, bolters or some of the other higher end stuff, this is a pretty budget skeez bg I've had decent success with, with a fire sub theme. Only 1 leg and three exos and all three exos are older 250 shard ones.
    15 champs
    1x Res Skeez 71 nora (commander, regen3)
    2x Skeez Alchemist 77 nora (a.bomb3, skeez alliance)
    2x Skeez General 86 nora (warcry, surge skeez1)
    1x Skeez Machinist 70 nora (f.bomb3, skeez rebel)
    2x Skeez Torch 67 nora (skeez alliance, sabotage fire)
    2x Skeez Trigger 68 nora (relic overload, skeez alliance)
    2x Skeez Whorl 65 nora (skeez alliance, opportunistic)
    1x Totem of the Fallen 77 nora (guarded skeezick, acidic greeting)
    2x Valdaci Sentry 64 nora (throw javelin, illuminate)

8 spells
    1x Drac B.
    1x Drac Pulsar
    1x Kiss of Vex
    1x March of the Skeez
    1x Quicken
    1x Reforge
    2x Tornado

4 relics
    1x D. Skull
    1x Hive
    1x Skeez Banner
    1x Warbanner

3 equips
    1x D.God Staff
    1x Heart of Gnash
    1x Skeez Blade

You can get amp fire or acid up to 35% vs. champs. But if you combine that with vuln fire, skeez alliance, warcry, commander, etc. they can amp up dmg pretty good and pretty quick.

Kiss of vex is cheap spot vuln, which is actually kinda cool.

If you run into fire eater/immune champs Heart of Gnash, Skeez Blade, and Totem all give you alternative attack types. If your opp trys to grant fire immune via equip you can always reforge it as well. Plus 8 of the 15 champs are non fire attack based, so I haven't found it to be a problem. Bigger potential problem would be playing against an opp who runs a lot of fire dmg themselves, since non of these champs are fire immune. The few times I've had this happen I don't drop dragon skull.

Skeez Banner gives the 4 non skeez alliance skeez a dmg boost and rebel to everyone else. It's also a relatively cheap font contester at 25 nora.

I have nothing against the more common slam build for the whorl. Mine aren't leveled, I don't feel like wasting tokens on them, and honestly they've been performing fine.

I think everything else is pretty self explanatory.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    Qucas, redChapel and Tweek516 like this.
  2. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

Also fun fact with peridot sphere, which I added into the bg and is a highly underrated rune, and amp: The splash damage is also amped, which is a nice bonus. Ex: My champ with 15 fire dmg hits a champ holding the sphere. If I have 35% amp out he'll hit for 20 dmg on a 0 def champ. The peridot sphere would splash all enemy champs within 4 range for 10 (half dmg), but that also gets amped up to 13 dmg. Double tap would be 40 to target and 26 to nearby enemies. With no amp I'd be looking at 15 dmg to the target and 7 splash on a single, 30 and 14 on a double tap. So 35% amp raises the splash dmg 85%.

A 15 dmg fire champ is alchemist with warbanner and alliance active. If he is also under warcry and commander he hits for 19, which amps to 25 against 0 def. That would splash for 16 (32 double tap), which is an 88% increase over the 9 splash dmg he would do with no amp in that scenario.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    Qucas and redChapel like this.