Firk are amazing at the moment.

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by themacca, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Cheaper, better range, and has premo. I'd rather run something I can summon then sit and watch the fires burn around me as I wait to play a garbage sand sniper

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Delusional, Firk Paraform is the best melee Firk. Nah seriously, you are right about including Diplomat with Stall, will try them.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    Qucas and Skullferno like this.
  3. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Get rid of backfire boon for just regular backfire and throw in a twisted emerald. Also might want to throw in an E kit for detect

Qucas and Goyo like this.
  4. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

I would remove the snail and put in Almsgiver. Also, no Mindcaller? I would swap Mindweaver for one. I dont really think detection is needed with 2 Mind Shredders. I would swap 1 of the Backfires for a Reverberating Blast since I think 2 is overkill and your kinda lacking on spot CC.

Goyo likes this.
  5. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Yep, one anti spell is enough. Will try new Almsgiver instead of the Snail and see what happens. Would you suggest Healing Fountain instead of one of the damaging spells?

Also I've used Reverberating in the past, and too many times lost any advantage because of less costly cleanses. But can give you it's extremely powerful against UD, for example. Maybe Rev +Backfire would do the trick.

About Mindcaller, he's good because of it's global. I've allways felt he's too underwelming. I want to try the cheaper Jellebrium.

6. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

What is the big deal with Firk? There is no synergy to the race (besides Mastermind, which I don't like), so might as well run a psychic BG. Or am I missing something?

With that said, I don't see any of you talk about Jellebrium Overmind. It brings so much to the board for 69 nora. Also when I played my Psychic BG a lot I ran Psionic Impact and had use of it almost every game. It's only 25 nora.

Capitulator likes this.
  7. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

this pretty much echoes my thoughts

8. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

You monster

9. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I love the spell but I've found it's underwelming every time. Maybe the cost reduction helped way more than I think. Did you test it currently?

10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

firk mastermind is a nasty as Firk combo with psionic impact actually

11. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

I think @themacca means Firk Mindweaver. If you have Psionic Impact in your BG you *have* to run at least 1 Mindweaver (with Psychic Blast).

Also, if you're Stillwater Mutants are nearing 50% HP and you have Sixul, you can use his lava to get a global knockback. Situational but fun.

12. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

Not since Visions of Amareth but the mechanic haven't changed. Try it out :)

13. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

He's referring to the 25 nora spell that grants all champs with attack: psychic slam for 1 turn.

14. Capitulator

So am I. If you run that spell (Psionic Impact) then you really should be running Firk Mindweavers. You can have some fun with Stillwater Mutants too. Voidmage's Spatial Dysplacia goes pretty well with it too, but is harder to work out what happens.

15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

No i mean mastermind.force barrier plus 2 knickknacks on psychic damage

Qucas and Capitulator like this.
  16. Capitulator

Ah, nice. Mystic Whirlpool is good for portable terrain too.

Mindweaver's elven illusions have 9 speed so are good as 1 time terrain. Their real magic is the Psychic Blast though. When they attack, after the first knockback resolves, all champs within 2 spaces take psychic damage and then get knocked back themselves. It can be carnage.

17. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Uhmm nice combo... Will try.

18. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

19. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

20. DonK101st

DonK101st Well-Known Member

How can you tell what runes are there? I'm pretty new and can't tell from the pictures, at least for most of them.