Firk are amazing at the moment.

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by themacca, Sep 3, 2016.

1. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

DonK101st likes this.
  2. DonK101st

DonK101st Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link GoldTiger. I tried clicking on stuff and finding the address myself, but I couldn't. What am I missing???

Maybe something with my browser...

3. GoldTiger

Is that on the original BG picture? Thats because its only a picture. If it was on the poxbase link perhaps there is something wrong with your browser indeed.

4. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

It sucks poxbase no longer gets updated. doing heroics is a massive pain without it

5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Use s-qpoxdb.rhcloud.com

6. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

It must be heresy to even mention Firk Infiltrator. I use him because no one expects him. Lulz.

Also, we have Firk Spellblaster for a cheap source of magic damage. And he has Immunity Magical, which can be rather nice.

7. themacca

Infiltrator is just god awful. definitely the worst firk.

8. SireofSuns

Yeeaaaah... She needs some help. Her design is very reminiscent of pre-revamp days. I guess her shtick is to punish the enemy for using abilities? She had Adaptive and can be given Distract or Restraining Aura. So, she kinda does what she's supposed to, she just doesn't add much to anything. Not enough for the price anyway.
    It's too bad, I like the idea behind them. Darkmarsh Firk. :)

9. Orubus

Orubus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Is maccas bg any good

10. SireofSuns

By the looks of it, yes, it is good. One way to tell is by how many Legs and Exos are in there. Because inevitably, higher rarity runes are better (luckily DOG is trying to undo this, as it was a marketing scheme by SOE which made a lot of the power creep that started to ruin the game).
    Though, a lot of the non-exo/Leg runes that are in there are very good as well for what they do.

Did you have any more specific questions regarding his bg?

11. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Sorry but I can't agree with this statement. His bg is decent and could be greatly improved simply by droping some legs.

12. GoldTiger

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  13. SireofSuns

He was going for Firk specifically, not just Psychic.

So are you saying that a bg with no legs is better than one with legs? Personally I think having legs is nice, since you can walk on them.

14. 4NIK8

Nope, I'm saying that having legs in your bg doesn't necessarly makes it better, since rarity =/= quality. In this particular case droping some legs would make it definely better.

Anima26 likes this.
  15. SireofSuns

It... It was a joke.
    I actually agree with you, though I do still think that in SOE days Legs were inherently better (for money making reasons). I think some of that carried over, but has mostly been done away with.

If you were to only use Firk as Themacca was trying to do, how would you change it?

16. GoldTiger

17. Slencer

Slencer The King of Potatoes

18. 4NIK8

Holy crap, just thought about something. Does anyone know if Psychic Conundrum works with illusions? The spell text says friendly champ, not real champ... I can't test atm, but it would be awesome!

Also noticed none of you are running Draksar Psion. Range 6, regen 2, Shatter Summons and Shrive. I would run it over Voidmage anyday.

19. themacca

If you attempt to cast a spell on an illusion it will just blow up

Psion is no longer fs

20. 4NIK8

Ahhh too bad..

Since when? It still shows as FS/SL on the site.