Firk you!

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Flyingfinn, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

My friends! Firks will be arriving with a thunderous smite! Praise Ronin!

Leadrz and doubtofbuddha like this.
  2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Praise the Firking Firkish Firk Arrival!

3. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

finally i got some buffs

soulmilk and doubtofbuddha like this.
  4. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Anyone try the new stuff out in a firk bg?

5. doubtofbuddha

Still at work. They look pretty damn cool though.

6. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Now that elemental fortitude is gone they should be op

7. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

Never mind. Psychic Jab doesn't give vulnerability : psychic anymore. I take my words back.

8. Zidiana

Zidiana The King of Potatoes

Firk look pretty sweet. My only issue is that with a lot of new nora gen Mastermind will almost never proc Nvm this doesn't apply since most of the nora gen works at start of turn / mid enemy turn.

I played a little in single player and Firk seem pretty powerful with soultapped champs all round maybe an exit splicer to poison and then some shrive from Psion

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  9. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Rip contagen.

10. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Haven't lossed a game with firk. They play so natural and just run smooth

my bg is pretty normal but I am capitalizing on the idea of a lot of soultap with firk now
    I run backlash on Psion and also Soultap Garnet the relic. When the combo is out it usually does a good 4 dmg each turn and gives plenty of nora. The only set back is you can't run essence capture on executor but cripple is just as good.

11. doubtofbuddha

I have been having less success but it is quite possible my build is suboptimal.

How do you like the behemoth?

12. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

13. doubtofbuddha

http://poxbase.com/deck/CwxClpCloCq-ClLClic6ZCVC5Vs1s6TsqS33S34s54rGr2HrWEZ

I just made a few changes to get it on-line though. I may have to take out the psychic jabs to give vuln though. You need to have 5 psychic attackers to have it be worth one pygmy hippo since you can't rely on psychic jabs anymore... Hippos cost 20 more though. Not sure. Probably fine to leave it.

14. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

backlash stacks.

15. doubtofbuddha

Indeed. Unfortunately, FS FF has only one backlash unit.

16. Zidiana

Zidiana The King of Potatoes

17. doubtofbuddha

@Sokolov was Psychic Jab pre-nerfed because it was perceived as being too strong with the new runes? Are psychics/firks about where you want them to be now?

18. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

Anyone notice how FS got 1 theme buffed (aside from the swamp gas thing which is an alternative damage opton for poison bgs) and every other faction got at least 2 plus new ideas to play with?

While Firk are really cool I would have wished for some more diversity for other themes. Like Snaptooth.

19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I always thought Psychic Jab was stupid, but this was a good time to nerf it.

I think they are pretty good competitively, but when their review comes I'd like there to be a bit more diversity in utility, alternative damage and just general rune choices (many firk are just not runnable in general).

20. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

even with the "stupid" Psychic Jab it was never really broken or anything though. Yes it gave a +80% damage if you maxed your amp (in FF. in split you needed Argol too which would then actually add +10% again). However looking at the scoreboards and competetive decks Firk never shined there and even though Neuromancer was a big thing to use in meta BGs the ability itself didnt enable and allow the Firk theme to be and or stay up top.
    Now things may be different a little , I havent had the opportunity to test it yet, but overall the old psychic jab may be useful but wouldnt be stupidly OP.

Flyingfinn likes this.