Firking Hell

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Atherhog, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

So, I've played a few games with the Firk and would like to share some ideas.

First, the new champions.

Paraform: This dude is solid. Good dmg and a source of alternative dmg. He's also pretty good at staying alive and leads the attack well. Nice design.

Mindcaller: He's in my BG's for Anguish and Distract, both useful abilities. 2nd upgrade line provide poor options imo, would like to see them reworked.

Thornflinger: I'm not sure why you'd run him? Average damage and range arn't really made up for with Paralytic Feedback and MultiAttack. I want to like him, but I simply don't.

Excecutor: Really solid champ and a good design. Upgrade paths offer good options and he plays really well. Corruption and Grant:Reflexes seem like the way to go for me, but you could build in a couple of ways. Nice.

Behemoth: I thought he was going to lead the line for me, but in many ways I think Paraform does that job better. His synergy with Psychic makes him very runnable, but he's not as good as I thought he would be.

Second, what we lack.

Support: The only genuine support runes are: Mastermind and his signature ability is activated rarely. Almsgiver and although Invigorate is nice, I'd prefere to run Horn of Order. I'd rework the following runes.

Prophet: Look at her, she's clearly a healing chick in a bikini. Rather than a full re-work, add Heal Champ to path 2, as she only has 2 options anyway. She could be re-worked more, but this is quick and easy.

Almsgiver: Look at her, bring peace and serenity. Starting abilities: replace Rite with Cleansing Aura. Path 2: Charm 1-3 replacing Swap 1-3.

I'll carry on this if people are interested. I know the changes I propose arn't massive, but I think that's what makes them easily achievable.

2. Jonesy23

Jonesy23 Member

Firk diplomat also needs some TLC. Marsh Awakening isn't a good choice for him at all. The ability isn't that great when used in an aquatic/semi-aquatic BG where your going to have more water tiles out of necessity for your champs, let alone in a firk deck where the only water tiles will more than likely come from font and map spaces plus an occasional monsoon if you run it. So I definately think Marsh Awakening should be taken away and perhaps adding a 3rd ability to the upgrade paths for him. The way he stands now he is just way over priced for what he brings to the table.

3. Atherhog

He needs re-working for sure. This is what I was thinking.

Diplomat
    Base: Amphibious, Annex, Attack psychic, Mindwipe Aurap

Upgrade 1: Amplify psychic, Premonition
    Upgrade 2: Drive, Weaken Spells

I was thinking, he's our diplomat who know's what the enemey are thinking. So the base I've pretty much left alone, as I think it's pretty standard for the diplomats. As the Firks need more support, Amp and Drive seem good choices for this dude. I've suggested Premonition and Weaken Spells as they fit the idea that he knows what's coming and can prevent or mitigate the impact, they also give useful upgrade choices.
    This could be better written, but I should be marking work!

4. Zidiana

Zidiana The King of Potatoes

I would like to see mastermind get a little cost reduction or maybe change the ability to proc on 15 or 20 nora.

I like him but at 79 nora with aid defense he doesn't bring much offense to teh table and has no def/ damage mitigation.

5. Atherhog

I think Mastermind would be good with a change to 15/20 nora for his ability to activate. Good call.

6. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

I find i'm left with 12-15 nora when i want 10 and i'm like darn. Why can't this cost more.

7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

What confuses me is why Firk Thornflinger forgot how to swim (doesn't have Amphibious). I mean, do the plants need to stay dry in order to be effective or something? Wouldn't make sense since they're from "deep in the swamp."

Leadrz and Atherhog like this.
  8. Jonesy23

Jonesy23 Member

Another good ability for Firk Diplomat would be to have Commander: Firk since he is pretty much the closest thing to a leader the theme has at the moment.

9. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

Skullferno likes this.
  10. Jonesy23

Jonesy23 Member

Well first of all I never said he WAS the leader I simply said he is the closest thing to a leader the firk currently have. My basis for this is that a diplomat ( as you said yourself ) was a leader prior to becoming a diplomat.

Also giving him the ability Commander: Firk wouldn't define the diplomat as the undisputed ruler of the firk ( such as would be the high wizard or firk king that skullferno had brought up) but more simply a firk who could lead the other firk in battle ( as a general in the army would).

Perhaps I didn't word my prior post to give the feeling that I believe firk diplomat is a leader in sense of a general in the army rather than a king who owns the army.

11. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

may have been a leader prior to becoming a diplomat.
    I also didnt put words in your mouth or anything. Just wanted to point that out.

Given that he has no other practical ingame use (which is a lie of course) he could get that ability though.

12. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Leadrz likes this.
  13. Atherhog

I'd like to pick up on your mastermind idea if that's cool. I like the basic idea, but really think Almsgiver is crying out for cleansing aura. Also, is he just too much with that build?

Lets go with the idea that he's passive, and there to "mastermind" the battle.

Stats: Attk=0 Spd=5 Def=1 Hp=45

As for the abilities, maybe best not to re-design the champ with battlemaster, as it looks like Sok will be removing it.

So, what about this.

Base abilities: Amphibious, Mastermind (min nora proc increased to 20),
    Upgrade path 1: Boost 1, Boost 2, Aid Defence
    Uprgare path 2: Commander 1, Commander 2, Spellsurge: psionic Storm

Sexy?

Skullferno likes this.
  14. Skullferno

Aid Defense on a no dmg guy wouldn't make sense in my book. What if we replace that with maybe.....Command dodge?

Almsgiver could have the healing support role totally. Give her maybe a super weak attack form but her abilities/passive could be healing and cleansing.

ALSO ON THE SUBJECT OF HEALING AND CLEANSING PLZ LET NEOPHYTE RETURN TO META BOGS

He is my favorite Boghopper and has the coolest role ever.....a warrior taught by Kartch, and a healer guided by Gekaal. The ultimate protector of the swamp.

Atherhog and Leadrz like this.
  15. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Hes great healing and semi tank.
    He's meta but to run him well. He needs the whole ability on base and cleanse.

16. Atherhog

Haha... yeah, brain freeze or what!

Agree on all accounts.

Skullferno likes this.
  17. Skullferno

Now all we gotta do is make this happen amirite?

Also on the same side of things could we do Neuromancer either to be a Psy glass cannon or ally to firk?

I was thinking he loses all bog traces except the race and gains something like

Base Stats: Attk 12, spd 6, range 3-5, def 0, HP 39.

Base Abilities: amphibious, attack psy, Telekinetic Thrust
    Upgrade Tier 1: Ally Firk, Amp Psy 10%
    Upgrade Tier 2: Psychic Magnetism, Soulfeast

Just a rough draft on Neuro. Since Firk are now the biggest soultap theme out there, I would love to see a glass cannon with soul feast. Be super cool .

Atherhog likes this.
  18. Atherhog

Any build with him would be around 75-76 nora, which would be a really nice price.

19. Skullferno

It seems that the new idea of Pox is low stats/abilities with no unique essence to one champ, but a flavor to all.

That would be cool if they did that but what happen was they just took all the unique champs and just removed the twist and nerfed the stats/boosted nora price.

Lets make all runes playable, not just the old shoebox ones in my opinion that is. I would love to be able to play my Firk Diplomats but at the same time I want those to be just as powerful as my Boghopper Blackhands who *cough* were never great to begin with.

Rorschach for FS council 2015.

Change is coming.

20. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

So apparently Firk Mindbreaker, if you remove all his costed abilities, would be an 11/6/1-2/0/47 for 63 freaking Nora.

Yeah... that needs to change. (For comparison, Salaman Rook would be 11/6/1/1/41 for 39 Nora. Deepelf Assasin which is otherwise fairly similar, in role, has superior stats but lower cost at 14/7/1/1/42 for 55 Nora. Firk Spellblaster, another Firk with Attack: Psychic and mostly similar stats has 10/6/1-2/0/44 for 41 nora.)

He should cost 15-20 nora less than he does, based on that stat-line and cost alone.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015