First Impressions...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andralexis, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

nao

2. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

ohnoe

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

U jus di'int

4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

What if instead of trying to figure out how they calculated costs you just start listing abilities and what you think they should cost at least relative to each other.
    I think a problem exists at that level and should be addressed first. Trying to adjust for synergy etc might be easier once the base cost of abilities makes sense.

StupidJerk likes this.
  5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Stats, abilities, and synergy are all important, but should really be looked at as 3 distinct steps, each of which needs its own scrutiny - otherwise they muddy the waters for the other parts too much.

So yes, I agree, if you believe abilities are miscosted, do post your reasoning/suggestions.

6. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

Well, the two examples I keep using spring immediately to mind. Sorry if anyone gets sick of hearing about them, but they're easy for me to remember. Absorb costs 1 Nora less than Colossal on Fire Giant, and Loyalty costs 2 Nora less than Skeezick Alliance on Resilient Skeezick. It seems clear to me that Colossal should be significantly more expensive than Absorb considering the massive disparity in bestowed tankiness, and Skeezick Alliance should be significantly less expensive than Loyalty considering the massive disparity in bonus stats.

I don't think I can give any suggestions without knowing the context, though. I don't know if the former, for example, is a result of Colossal being underpriced or Absorb being overpriced. For the latter, I'm assuming that Skeez Alliance is overpriced since it seems on almost every Skeezick you get a significant cost reduction by removing it, but it's just an assumption.

Until someone puts together a database that we can look at holistically, I can't offer any suggestions at the moment. I'd have to sit down and scrutinize every champ with Absorb, Colossal, etc. and I haven't had time for that just yet.

7. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I have been working on said database. Can not tell for sure when I will finish it. Consider this a mere teaser.

Disease aura 1 / Ally: underdepths / Charm 1 / Fear 1
    +1
    Disease aura 2 / Immu: poison / Immunity disease / BotU
    +2
    Elsari coven / Blood magic / Splash / Fear 2
    +3
    Immu: Acid / Bleed / Dark raven form / Horrific aura
    +4
    Phase shift
    +5
    Disease aura 3 / Lifedrinker / Forsaken exploit
    +6
    Life siphon

The +# is just a relative cost when compared to other abilities. Probably disease aura 1 is worth +3n in any champion with it, but that would imply ally: ud and charm 1 are worth the same +3n, and life siphon is worth +9n. The point is not to obtain an "absolute" cost for each ability, but to determine how expensive are some abilities compared to others, so we can spot things that are plainly wrong, like absorb > colossal, or elsari coven > BotU / Zombie apocalypse (really?), although it will still take some time.

Another teaser:
    Skirmisher
    +7
    Immortality / Unstoppable
    +8
    Dead eater / Assimilate
    +9
    Fading light

Now, I'm not telling skirmisher is worth 0n, the same than charm 1. What I'm telling is unstoppable is worth the same than immortality (?!), and either is 7n more expensive than skirmisher. Once I find a champion that share upgrades between this table and the first, I will be able to unify then, and tell how cheap is skirmisher compared to charm 1, and hence, where immortality and unstoppable are compared to the other abilities.

Ragic likes this.