Fleshweaver Witch - What is going on with this champ?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by potatonuts, Jul 3, 2017.

1. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Over the past year or so I've seen this champion get various reworks taking her from being playable to unplayable to completely OP to meh and finally to her final state of 'eh?'.

As a zombie fantatic im quite fed up of this, I appreciate she is a strong unit but she is also extremely easy to kill and i spend the majority of my hard games trying to keep her alive which wouldn't be worth the effort in her current state.

Even if this level of sandbagging was warranted I'm fed up of trying figure out what to do with her or even use her at all when she seems to be getting overhauled every five minutes. I'd really like for you guys to just figure out a decent upgrade set up for her and then leave her well alone.

At the very least give her some upgrades that dont completely suck;

Reconstruct Blackguard - Completely useless, nobody would ever run her in Stitched.

Elsari Coven - Equally useless, nobody would ever run her in witches.

Transfer Life - Pretty much useless, she has 42hp, is going to be getting focused all game, has no way to heal herself and is probably the only champ you actually want to heal anyway.

Swap - Almost completely useless, the only time this would really be useful is if you screw up and leave her in a bad spot and your opponent then screws up and fails to one round her.

Disease Breath - this is actually ok

Afflict - I'll just assume that this was a joke.

I completely get that you want to sandbag her, but what the hell is this mess? Almost all of those upgrades are completely useless and i say that without exaggeration.

@Sokolov Please take a look at this if you get a chance, i'd hate to shoebox this champ.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    DiCEM0nEY and voodoov like this.
  2. potatonuts

@Sokolov Was just thinking that Twisted Essence might be the solution to this;

The second source of healing that zombies received from Rotwrapper pushed it too far so i completely support the removal of Charged Heal, even if it did suit her lore perfectly. Transfer Life just won't cut it as a replacement though, use it once and she is an even easier target.

I think Twisted Essence would be perfect as a replacement, even though Rotwrapper already has it the effect cannot stack so it wouldn't actually increase their overall healing so much as just spread it out a little. This also means that she wouldn't be able to just sit right at the back healing up by herself whenever needed.

I think the example below would work well

U1
    Immunity: Disease
    Disease Eater
    Designate Scapegoat

U2
    Disease Breath
    Twisted Essence
    Swap

3. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Base: As Is
    UG1: Subsume, Cooperation, Assimilate
    UG2: Designate Scapegoat, Swap, Transfer Life

4. potatonuts

I like the idea of Cooperation to heal her up after using TL but I don't think that finding ways to justify an ability that is terrible on her is the way to go.

There are several reasons why TL is so bad on her:
    • She is the most valuable champ a zombie bg can deploy
    • Reducing her HP to heal a low value zombie will almost never be worth it
    • She has a low HP pool, 42hp with no defense is an easy target. 35hp is much easier
    • She has no way to heal herself
    • From the moment you deploy her your opponent should be looking for ways to kill her and you do not want to make that easier for them
    Sorry to further poo poo your idea but Assimilate would require her to be on the front lines to take advantage of and Subsume is really only useful on tanks and easily played around anyway.

I'm sure there is something i havn't thought of yet but i think Twisted Essence is the perfect solution, it allows her to be played almost identically to before but she won't be able to hide at the back and heal up every turn anymore.

5. poxrooster

Twisted Essence is good, but Zombies are meant to die, and TE prevents that.

6. potatonuts

That's the kind of comment i'd expect from someone who has no idea how to play the faction.

Yes obviously the FW playstyle leans toward disposable units but that doesn't mean i'm just going to kamikaze everything and disregard the importance of keeping high value units alive.

Go ahead and send your units to die without earning their value if you want but personally i aim higher than a 50% win rate.

7. poxrooster

Look dude, don't be rude. I'm challenging your ideas. There's no need to challenge me personally on my "so called" experience.

Your notion of TE doesn't always work as you intended it. At 42 HP, Fleshweaver is going to get one rounded often because she is a high profile target. This means TE will only work if, and only if, she has HP left. With an experienced player, you'd not be able to get off maybe two to three attacks from her to activate TE. Also, she's not an offensive unit. To get TE to work, you'd have to spend AP to position her, tap, and run away. But her greatest strength is not that but is in summoning and positioning other units, so you'd need a defensive ability that allows her to do that. With that said, my earlier suggestions wouldn't work. She would do better with Pawn, Evasive, or Absorb.

And yes, Subsume would work on her if she gets attacked by non-basic abilities which are quite numerous in this game although I'd agree that it is easy to work around and better on melee champs.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  8. potatonuts

Well that comment was a bit counterproductive to the discussion wasn't it?

All of those reasons that you just listed are exactly why i think TE would be good on her. I have said a few times now that the problem with Charged Heal was that it allowed her to sit well back and often never even come close to being in danger. TE prevents that whilst still allowing her an effective method of healing if used with caution, I've considered other abilities but other than just nerfing the heal down to rank one of vanilla Heal i don't know what else to suggest.

The problem with Subsume is that your opponent won't need to use any other abilities on her if two to three basic attacks will kill her, it's also rather expensive.

9. potatonuts

Actually ignore everything I've just said, Cast: Nublin's Surprise Pies would be amazing, she could provide all the growing young zombies with the meaty pie nutrition they need.

@Sokolov make this happen and i'll stop tagging you in this thread :rolleyes:

10. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Or give her back her old ability lines with charged heal ? The nerf to zombie herder was enough to warrant her old upgrade lines back.

11. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

dont bother, its not worth saving zombies.. they already died.

i mean i play them and they are sht as fk.

it seemed to have went like tthis...

create op champion (rotwrapper)

people then moan zombies are op but in reality its just rotwrapper with her signature shambling zombie special.

instead of nerfing rotrapper devs decide to nerf the entire zombie theme, way to go!

less people moan now, devs are happy....

they took too much away from the summons, damage shields, latch on, disease aura and left mainly 6 damage zombies to try and harm the enemy LOL... duh the reason they had disease aura etc was because their damage was very low they had to hurt the enemy somehow. you could outrun them before as they are lumbering half speed and lucky to attack just once a turn.. with no latch on its even worse.

theres plenty anti summons stuff around in this day and age too, including swarm... its tough out there for zombies.

im not even gettting started on the rest of the non summons, they dont really excel at much, low dmg, speed, have trouble in melee's, sht avg range. they are just meat it seems

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  12. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

They should have stopped at the rotwrapper nerf, I agree the zombie summons are sorta useless, but then again they are so easy to spam they have to be bad. They should have kept the aura or something at least though.

I agree too many nerfs happen because people complain when rotwrapper was the only big issue.

13. potatonuts

Um..

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  14. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Cripple + weary is infinetly better imo though.

U can get te from black pearl

15. potatonuts

Oh I'm not specifically bothered about TE I'd just like to try and keep her healing component, i feel like it's part of the whole fleshweaving deal.

Pretty much any combination of somewhat useful abilities that don't heavily sandbag her and still include some kind of a useful heal is all she needs.

16. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Oh actually was talking about rot wrapper. Te a cool option for fleshweaver. Maybe blockade as well.

17. potatonuts

Im constantly torn over Rotwrappers upgrades, they are pretty much all good choices.