Flow Mage

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Fikule, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Flow Mage

Faction: K'thir
    Race: Elf
    Class: Wizard
    Size: Small
    Rarity: Common

Flavor: "Many mages utilize raw Nora, but there are few who can manipulate it's flows."
    Nora Cost: 64

STATS
    Damage: 8
    Speed: 5
    Range: 3-5
    Defense: 0
    Health: 42

ABILITIES
    Attack - Magical
    Conjure: Flow Ward [AP: 2 CD: 2] (Target ground tile becomes a Flow Ward)
    Meditate

UPGRADES
    Nora Barrier
    Council: Spells
    Spellsurge: Clairvoyance
    Favor

Flow Ward [Terrain] - Non-Large Wizards and Witches standing on a Flow Ward gain +1 Max Range, Ward Warp and Meditate. If there is another Flow Ward within 6 tiles of this one, both Flow Wards are destroyed.

Ward Warp [AP: 3 CD: 1] - Teleport to any unoccupied Flow Ward tile in a straight line from your current position. If the Flow Ward is occupied by another Witch or Wizard, both champions swap places and have Ward Warp placed on cooldown.

Meditate [AP: 1 CD: 1] - All allied units with Meditate (including this one) gain +2 Damage for 1 turn.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  2. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

This looks extremely interesting. Thing is, having a giant 6X6 square of flow wards to allow any high number of mages to use them effectively could be very hard, especially on small maps. I would say either decrease the space in between each to say 4 spaces, or allow diagonals. Apart from that, could bring some fun to mage decks.

3. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Could let me build that weird KF/FW split with Warspirit being confused that he has both of his triggers.

4. Fikule

Yeah, possibly less spaces. I was also considering maybe giving the Flow Mage Meditate as a base ability.

5. Vamania

Vamania The King of Potatoes

I see the split has been covered, first thing I thought when I saw witches covered was would there be a mirror FW version. Soul Mage?

(and now I have mutilated Lady Marmalade lyrics running though my mind, which faction would the Better-get-that-dough Mage be?)

6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Very inventive champ! With that said, are the Flow Ward terrain squares permanent or do they disappear after a certain number of turns? Spellsurge: Lethologica, while neat, probably wouldn't be chosen over the other upgrades. Overall, an interesting idea.

7. Fikule

I was thinking just permenant unless the terrain is specifically replaced. (or a Flow Ward is summoned too close). I mean the real limit is how many units you can keep on them without having to move. Though maybe if an enemy steps on one it is destroyed?

As for the upgrade I was thinking of SpellSurge: Clairvoyance too. Thought it might be OP tho. 10 nora for 10 health and 3 runes :p. Then again, once all the runes are revealed it's effect is essentially diminished. But it might be nice for Clairvoyance to be useful after that point for the heals.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  8. Fikule

Updated him to have Meditate on base (so he won't personally need a ward) and SpellSurge: Clairvoyance instead of Lethologica