Font bonus change in need?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Pedeguerra, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

So, since IS font bonus got changed, and KF bonus is changing as well, I think its time we have a good font bonus, after all it was only meaninful (and powerful) when it gave the +1AP.
    Lets see:

IS: cant deploy relics
    FS: 2HP heal
    KF: mobility for 2 turns (and there is a proposal for 3 turns)
    UD: 2 fire dmg
    SL: rank of regen
    SP: spell protection
    FW: DMZ

As is, our font bonus is complete garbage. Im not saying it should go too far up, maybe 2DEF for 2 turns? I think that would do, at least for me.
    Thoughts, @Sokolov ?

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

KF's font bonus is only changing because the new faction bonus would render it moot in a not insignificant number of cases. It's really more of a QOL change more than anything (and should probably have been that way from the beginning).

That said, I could see adjusting ST's font bonus at some point.

3. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Our is really doing nothing atm.

Beasts for life likes this.
  4. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

well my original idea for it was to cause -1 ap for those entering the font, and if they have zero ap give them slowed/frozen.

it would on occasion prevent double attacks and if a marker is out sometimes stop font contention.

I believe that change got lost in the shuffle following the st change to arctic, I honestly didn't expect the discussion on the st font to ever come up again.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

That's a cool idea, tho it seems extremely strong at first glance.

6. Pedeguerra

Humm, I really like this idea as well.
    Im cool with if the unit has 0 ap, nothing happens. Getting free slowed/frozen might be a tad much.

7. calisk

well the original idea was for frozen, it was going to play off the numerous mechanics st has that works with frozen, the monk racial to name one.

some people hate mechanics like frozen though because it stops working in a mirror it was the only reason i mentioned slowed, it was just one other way we could go if not frozen.

doesn't really need it but at the time just -1 ap seemed a bit weak, and the monk racial was something i was trying to make work.

8. Pedeguerra

Yeah, could go either way, really.
    Opposing champions entering the font lose 1 AP OR opposing champions entering the font became frozen (which I personally like best). Just the 2 combined seem a tad too strong.

9. calisk

if i had to pick one or the other i'd prefer the -1 ap, it's less messy in mirrors and simpler to wrap your head around as a new player.

Sokolov likes this.
  10. Pedeguerra

True that, bud.

11. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I agree on this.

12. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

font spaces impeding snow (1)?

13. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!