Food!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Baskitkase, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It's spanish rice. It has carrots and onions in it. I also make a chicken/vegetable/tomato broth to boil the rice with after I toast it.

With it is some pico de gallo, grilled onions, chopped onions, cilantro, pinto beans, crema (actually, sour cream thinned with heavy cream), Grilled mini tortillas, grilled carrots, pork al pastor, grilled pineapple.

Geressen likes this.
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I like cutting a courgette into small pieces, putting it in vinegar with a load of salt and leaving it in for at least 15 minutes. then throw out the vinegar and salt leaving the courgette pieces which are salty and vinegary now), bit of oil over it while adding like 4 or 5 cloves of garlic cut small or crushed, and a couple of tasty tomatoes halved and sliced thin.

salty sour garlicy delishiousness.

3. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

try add some mint and fry them in oil. vinegary salted garlicy AND minty zucchini are really good. I think its some kind of southern-Italy dish, but i forgot the name.

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

what?

5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

If you put that into Translate.com, going from Dutch to English the result is:

"There is only one name for a Zucchini. And that name is Zucchini."

Tweek516, MaruXV, Etherielin and 2 others like this.
  8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I know,
    that is because google translate is in american english and the americans believe themselves to be Italian and sometimes Irish.

I wrote it in Dutch using the same word we use, the brits use, and the french use because we are refined and Bane Shift.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Poblano And Corn Shrimp Chowder

Remove (and save) tails
    [​IMG]

Use tails, some salt pepper and garlic to make a shrimp stock
    [​IMG]

In the pot I've started celery and onion in butter, added salt, pepper and old bay

In the skillet I'm sautéing corn and diced poblano in a touch of olive oil

[​IMG]

Next I roast the corn and peppers under the broiler for a couple mins.

[​IMG]

Added in a cup of the shrimp stock, 3 cups milk, 1 cup heavy cream, peppers corn and a dash of sriracha and other spices. Bring to a boil, add shrimp and turn down, summer for 3 mins, done.

[​IMG]

And serve with a tower of cheese bread

[​IMG]

Tweek516, Pipster, darklord48 and 5 others like this.
  10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

you missed a comma between peppers and corn.
    wouldn't want someone to try and make it but instead use peppercorns.

11. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Pumpkin Cookies

Pipster, Baskitkase, SPiEkY and 2 others like this.
  12. Alakhami

[​IMG]
    Bengali Tarkari (a bit too much water)

Baskitkase and Geressen like this.
  13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You make a lot of soup type meals? I love one pot meals.

14. Alakhami

well the bengali is supposed to be a sort of ragout, i just did a bit too much water. But yeah, I guess it's how I was raised. In Russia we always have a soup for lunch. usually it is very light and watery and serves as a sort of appetizer for the dry meal.
    One pot meals are nice and to an extent healthier, but I'm broke, so I economize on food and time. I cook more for my family than for myself though; I don't mind eating a portion of buckwheat or barley or wheat with a cucumber for a dinners meal to be honest.

Baskitkase likes this.
  15. Alakhami

[​IMG]

Pilaf. middle-eastern dish, supposed to be served with lamb (that's how I always ate it when I ate meat), although some argue that that's only the persian interpretation of the meal, and claim that it was originally from India (language wise), which since ancient times has a vegetarian tradition and has numerous rice dishes of similar texture and taste but with vegetables and/or beans. Really simple and delicious. Chickpea, carrot, rice, spices.

Baskitkase likes this.
  16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

what do you guys do with the brocolli stalks/stems ?

I cut off the though (and not very tasty) outside and cut the inside into squares and use it with the rest of the broccoli, it has a good taste too, different from the rest of the broccoli.

cooked I find they taste somehow similar to the middle of a raw carrot or the sweetest innermost leaves of a head of lettuce. distinctly like the plant they came from but sweeter.

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Pan fried sea bass, baked potato, corn casserole and peas
    [​IMG]

18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Vura niiiiiiiice, lub me some scallops

20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

@Sokolov this is what I mean, what did you do to the rest of the broccoli?