Forbidden fruit+escape magic work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calisk, Mar 18, 2017.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

It doesn't involve st so I don't care about making a deck around it, just curious

Or better yet shank+em

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Blood Fiend plus Fruit works.

3. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

shadow shank and escape magic works?
    [​IMG]

guokamoli54 and Etherielin like this.
  4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

5. calisk

Neat shankem is a thing lol

6. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I prefer Shank + Phoenix Anklet. With some extra AP gen, you can potentially Shank 2 targets in the same turn and collect 3 fat globes for a hefty refund. Dying due to Anklet resets Shank's attack chain, so something like Invig would work.

mortal ix likes this.
  7. calisk

Hmm that does open the st/fw route though escape magic is a bit cheaper and has the bonus effect of stealthing

That said with swap ability good luck dodging that

I would of preferred st/sl since sl is the superior split to fw outside the neat combo

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  8. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

DOes escape magic work against freeze in place? I know one ability where it does not work....it is....

called..... Defile Corpse...hmmm what happened to this ability?

9. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

I played with fruit and em a little today after reading this. Biggest problem is you either need to come up with three ap or find champs with ways around the ap drain. You can use swiftwind from KF to give unstoppable, but that involves bringing a third rune into the combo. SL has no unstoppable champs and I think KF has like two. Drak Legionnaire seems like the best fruit targets. Hold the line gives planar bound and unstoppable so he can fruit from range five and then he just turns invisible in place since he's planar bound (this can be good or bad depending on situation) . He also has regen 2 base so can recover hp over time without necessarily needing another rune to heal him back to fighting form. Woodland diplomat and skywing agitator are other possibilities due to exertion 3.
    The little bit I played around with it doesn't make it seem that amazing. There's still some set up. It's an 85 nora investment (although you can use escape magic a round or two earlier and just hope the board hasn't shifted too much and your fruit target is still in range). Against horrible AI in single player I can pull this off 3-4 times easy with Skeez Machinist recrafting the fruit if necessary. In the few pvp matches I tried it seemed like I would pull the combo off once a game. In a longer game I could see maybe popping it a second time. While that could be clutch depending on the situation it just didn't seem that game changing overall. I would definitely rate this way under the old deep elf summoner - fruit delivery combo, from back in the day when summons could equip fruit and kill, in terms of in game effect.

10. calisk

Ya the deck compositions need to be their, I think in st/fw since you can swap the shank away or into position and I mean units with the swap 3 ability thus getting him into position.

On the kf/sl side you mentioned quite a few good suggestions. It's a tough one to consider

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

gimmickers have been crutching it since at least since the summer of 2011, which isn't long after Escape Magic came out, if memory serves

it was even more obnoxious cause aspect of healing was just full heals everywhere at the time

12. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Whereas now aspect of healing is 3 normal heals and then it dies before anything comes off cooldown.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Trashspects

14. calisk

ya kf/fw would be the way to go.

15. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

funny how shank + reanimate = too powerful but it's ok with other things like escape magic and pheonix anklet.
    Although to be fair sacrifice and destroy effects have been borked for quite awhile along with interactions with on death effects.

16. calisk

splits get all the nice toys heh

mostly because their are far too many thing to take into account when it comes to splits

17. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

It's not just splits though. Perfected runner can take short lived too, and then you can EM it.
    It's not very effective I find, but it's not split-only.