Force Barrier prevents usage of relocation effects if all 4 pillars block the champion.

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Etherielin, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Reproduction Steps:
    1. Deploy any champion with access to Force Barrier Rank 2 or 3.
    2. Deploy a champion with leap, teleport or swap on enemy team.
    3. Block it with Force Barrier.
    4. The blocked champion will not be able to leave using its relocation abilities.
    5. This isn't mentioned anywhere in the ability description and can lead to insane swings in hands of good players who are aware of this.

@Sokolov

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's always been this way and WAI. Will see if we can add something to the description, but it's a tricky one to describe.

3. Etherielin

Perhaps: "If all unoccupied spaces adjacent to a champion become impassable, that champion gains planar bound" so that people know it's happening? Either that or just remove it as the ability is strong as is tbh.

4. Sokolov

It doesn't gain Planar Bound tho.

5. Sokolov

And I am not going to try and untangle this from the ability at this point, it's an old ability. Not really worth messing with and risk breaking it.

6. Etherielin

Well, in that case the ability is OP and will need a heavy cost increase because suddenly its only counters are no longer able to get you out.

Also Beset and Phantom Dash ignore that effect and can relocate you out.

7. Sokolov

It hasn't been OP in all these years working exactly this way. Just because you realize it works like this doesn't mean it's suddenly broken.

8. Etherielin

I was aware of it being a thing for a while, but not of how exactly it can be reproduced until @Elves Rule gave me a clue. I just disagree with an ability that leaves you with no answer at all. (as I assume beset and phantom dash being able to get you out are treated as bugs and will get included not to work in the future) Aspect of Infinity still exists. I believe it's fair to be against an effect like this?

Edit: Although to be honest my biggest grief with this is simply the fact there's absolutely no mention of this anywhere in game.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  9. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Yeh I was actually most surprised when i first saw someone leaping out of it and thinking "wait what that's not fair" cause there had been another unit next to it in the barrier.
    It makes more sense to me that it should stop relocation.
    I don't see why you think that should make it more expensive. I mean, the fact that you didn't know after all this time proves it's not even that common.

10. Etherielin

Alright, I rest my case for now - will get back to this when someone complains about the Aspect again.