Forest front bgs/vegetation

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by super71, Jan 12, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

forest front and vegetation, with the introduction of the fun vine whip ability I really wanted to build a bg focused around forest front, camouflage, domain vegetation and hidden vegetation.

Here is a bg I threw together sorta building around this concept

https://poxbase.com/deck/C3GC7Ic52caTc6FCaYcb1cuxCgWs4vs6Ns6Os4Ks1_s8Gr1drUe1Ie1x

The cards missing are

mother of frond x2
    Naria queen x1
    naria ragevine x2
    naria strangler x2

I might drop dryad because I never use her, ragevine is good once she ramps up but she usually dies really easily. I honestly don't even know why I put k'thun in, he's a heap of garbage. The problem I run into is on most maps my champs are too big and clunky and with them being slow and not being as defensive anymore they are a lot tougher to play.

2. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

If you run mass vine whip, run slam etc. because it's 5dmg per space relocated.

3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Fascinate, Repulsion etc. also work.

4. super71

When this champion moves a space through normal movement, it takes 1 Physical damage. When this champion activates a special ability that results in movement (such as Leap or Teleport), it takes 5 Physical damage.

When this champion moves a space through normal movement, it takes 1 Physical damage. When this champion activates a special ability that results in movement (such as Leap or Teleport), it takes 5 Physical damage.

Unless it's a bug i'm not sure why burred would be working this way, but if it works that's some good suggestions guys thanks.

Big problem i'm running into is maps not being accommodating for large units, and trees are slower than dirt lol.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Fascinate and Repulsion do not count as normal movement, that's why.

6. super71

That's what I mean man lol, they should only take damage through normal movement from burr.

When this champion moves a space through normal movement, it takes 1 Physical damage.

When they are moving from fascinate, repulsion they shouldn't take the damage as they should only take it when moving normally like the description says. Unless they are counting those other abilities as a special relocate, in which case 5 damage from every space moved from repulsion is quite a bit.

7. Elves Rule

Well thats how it works.
    Barbed vine leash, only deals 5 when the champ moves the champ.
    Burred, only deals damage when things that aren't the champ move the champ.
    Don't think it's a bug, has been brought up before.

8. super71

Hmm interesting, I like it thanks for the tip i'll find myself some fascinate and repulsion now lol.

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

just use fan faire

Etherielin likes this.
  10. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

:(

Elves Rule likes this.
  11. super71

Turns out k'thir doesn't have any fascinate or repulsion =(, unless you include fan faire which only a select few people have. I don't wanna run splits because all my 4 and 5 speed trees in a split would be slower than they are now. I was thinking about throwing in a wood chuck for that extra vegetation any thoughts ?

12. Elves Rule

I just use a few tortun runes to provide knockback. Not much, just a privateer captain and land mines. Tortuns actually have a lot of knockback.

13. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

wisp has fascinate

14. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I didn't use it recently but pull triggers burred once aswell I think. (Pull into land mine or artillery marker for more pew pew)

super71 likes this.
  15. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

super71 likes this.
  16. super71