Forsaken Waste Faction Bonus

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Michael, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Michael

Michael I need me some PIE!

After a victory...
    What is 60% reduction reduction when none of your champs die? (I might have exaggerated when I say none.)
    Opponent doesn't let me drag the game long enough for me to resummon the champ which is on cooldown.
    Does that mean my battlegroup has no faction bonus?

In an imminent defeat...
    What is 60% cooldown reduction when I don't have enough nora to re-summon any champ affected by FFFW bonus?
    Does that mean the faction bonus is redundant?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

its known that fw bonus shows up in long games, when a player has to wait long champ cds and you already recycle third time in yours. also the bonus is reflected in versatility and bg slots. in a normal bg if i have a very important rune i need as much as possible, i have to run it 2x. in fw i can run 1x because i get it back fast when it dies.
    its surely a harder bonus to play than ud's dmg one, but i wouldn't say its useless.

3. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

DMr and I run an attrition deck that utilizes the FW faction bonus quite well. It's a split and not ff, but it still places importance on that aspect of the bonus. It's all about designing a deck that takes advantage of it. In the same window, FW runes on their own take advantage of the bonus inherently. There tends to be cheap runes that are also powerful enough that you would end up playing them over and over in the course of a game, or runes that have two lives that go on cooldown for the first death. This allows you to extend the value of the rune and potentially play multiples copies of it on the board even after it had died the first time. It's all about knowing your strengths and playing to them.

Anima26 likes this.
  4. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Like voidtrain said building your deck around the idea of dragging the game out is what you want to be doing. Champs that provide a lot of hp value are a great place to start.

5. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

The bonus is bad

6. Voidtrain

Its not.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  7. Michael

Michael I need me some PIE!

I don't think anyone got my point nor answered my question.
    Why would I drag the game out when I could win in a few rounds without utilizing the FFFW bonus?

Let me give you another example.
    If come a day when FFUD can win a game faster without deploying any champs, along with its current faction bonus.
    Fear not, my FFFW bg is already experiencing it.

8. Voidtrain

OKay, if you can win without using it with a deck designed around it, it just means your opponent wasn't playing the game either? It's hard to imagine this scenario with any player who has any amount of experience. That being said, how could we answer your question when almost all decks in FFFW utilize the faction bonus in some way, or experienced players build a deck with the bonus in consideration?

Etherielin and potatonuts like this.
  9. potatonuts

I've never liked that the bonus is backloaded, I certainly wouldnt mind seeing some kind of secondary like extra champ reveals on turn one to represent the vast horde of undead. That said i do like the bonus overall and think it works fine when you are able to slow the pace of the game enough to make use of it, rushing FW before they can make use of the bonus is a counter that takes advantage of its weakness and that's kind of part of the game.

10. DiCEM0nEY

The FW bonus sucks, it is better to play a faction where you know your bonus works in more situations for more value. FW currently is weak, and the bad bonus is part of the reason.

ghklf likes this.
  11. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

I dont think FW is the faction for you.

12. potatonuts

@Michael sooooo, how do you like those champ cooldowns? :rolleyes:

13. ghklf

ghklf I need me some PIE!

I hardly see the use of FW bonus in witch theme. Worm, cheap(dead) meat and zombie usually have the best use of it.

I don't like current FW bonus, cuz until u have a cooldowned champion goes off cooldown, it is absolutely useless.

When r other faction bonuses useful:

UD:any action that uses DMG
    FK:any action that uses AP(for FF)
    FS:always(because this is poxNORA)
    SL:any time ur champion takes damage from champions
    IS: any time ur champion takes damage from spells
    SP:any time u deploy champions and when they die
    ST:so long as u have champion

So basically FW faction bonus is for late game, considering how snowball works in this game, it would be frustrating playing a faction that usually has an early game disadvantage.

I would be fine with it, if most FW champions synchronized well with it.

14. DiCEM0nEY

You have more options as @kalasle points out due to FW bonus. For example, moving to a space where a unit is vulnerable may be a good move for you, because you are anticipating having that unit ready sooner when he dies.

However, I agree, the bonus sucks. And most importantly, any advantage you would get is essentially competitively useless, because other factions also have more options due to their bonuses, and their options are usually better.

I'm only bringing this up because I had to argue literally pages and days on end with @kalasle about this before he gave up

15. ghklf

ghklf I need me some PIE!

There r some options that could be introduced to the game to have a good use of FW bonus.

For example, does something good to urself or something bad to ur opponent when a champion goes off cooldown or when it is deployed AGAIN.

Other on deployment or on death effects r also good(unlike above, they r not FW specific, SP can benefit from those as well), just want to have more synchronization with the bonus.

16. DiCEM0nEY

I agree, so many FW units have really poor synergy. It's actually pretty sad that I consider "shadowspawn" and Dots to be "good" synergy with the bonus, since typical runes don't have much else.

I've actually pushed for better racial abilities before and in the case of vampires and witches, units that actually have any synergy with the bonus at all.

Soks response was that dmz font bonus essentially makes up for the no bonus. Which I don't think is really possible or a good strategy to balance the game.

I also am not sure if I like the "only way to win is to make the game last really long" nature of the bonus, but that actually might be to how poorly the runes synergize with the bonus, and how it sucks to lose due to how easy it is to lose to a draw win from an opponent when playing FW - things like battle leader or aoe typically kill any fw deck due to the limited mechanics of cheap meat spam.

17. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Just play a different faction. You obviously arent suited to the FW playstyle. Also i cant handle the amount of nonsense you spout in your constant posts.

18. DiCEM0nEY

That sounds like a you problem

19. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

its really not

20. greed4blood

greed4blood The King of Potatoes

u r so good u dont even need a bonus. why r u complaining?