Forsaken Waste Issues - please let me know

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by yobanchi, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I strongly disagree with shadestrike on the seductress. Two reasons:

One: she is incredible fragile. Paying full nora price for a mele unit that will hit one or twice then get pummeled to death seems like a bad deal. Specially because abash is the most expensive ability on her upgrade options, which puts her on the 75n (if we pick the cheapest rank on hex), and prestige and similar abilities are available in many factions, not counting abilities like breaths, pings or auras. UD can get away with this playstyle because her high damage and sacrifice. FW? Not so much. 10dmg is nothing impressive, and 44hp will not take her too far.

Two: It conflicts with her purpose. She was a melee beater with surge lich (sorry, Zealot: lich) and disease immunity at first, but that didn't work; she lost that and remained in the shoebox, until Sokolov tried with assassinate (really?) and failed miserably to move her even a centimeter outside the shoebox. If we have tried these routes, why do we insist on enhancing her melee capabilities? Why a "seductress" would try to win a fight through beating her opponents with her fists?

Personally, I have been advocating for taking away her stealth aspect entirely and focus her into a similar role to the succubus, as a champion with tons of champ control abilities (abash, flourish, voices in their head, mindwipe aura, etc), and minimal combat capabilities. Heck, go full passive if that helps.

Veiled flight will be lost? We can put it on something else. Archfiend, maybe? Do we actually need veiled flight?

2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I strongly agree that the flavor of the champ should be a primary factor in deciding its ability set. This game needs to capitalize on the coolness factor as much as it can and seeing champs that look like they've had random abilities slapped on them hurts immersion. you have to get all players to like using their runes, not just the spikes.

3. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

IMO, zombies have way too much AP Gen. Taking away lumbering from zombies is huge along with 3 ap... what I would do is just make it 2 ap and maybe shorten the duration of how long the take-away of lumbering is. AND that should go for ALL herder abilities.

4. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Thank you all for your help and feedback. Hopefully this will help step things in a fun direction.

5. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Im not an FW player but based on the wording of these abilities it would seem this is a bug

Assimilate and Soul collection

Soul Collection6 Nora
    When this champion moves within 6 spaces of a nora globe, or a nora globe drops from a champion within 6 spaces of this champion, this champion automatically recovers it.

Assimilate4 Nora
    When this champion recovers a nora globe, it is healed for 6 HP.

however the heal doesn't happen when a nora globe is recovered from soul collection

6. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I would say that is a bug with Assimilate then

Also, such a shame that Assimilate got so nerfed just because of one champion. Basically useless on everyone now, and costs 4 nora o_O

7. KingJad

meanwhile take root is 1 nora

8. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Assimilate isn't working properly at the moment.

Sorry, but what was the nerf? And, which champion caused it?

9. Fikule

It currently heals 6 hp when you pick up a nora globe.

The old version healed you for double the value of the globe (but you didn't get the nora). So it would generally heal for 16-24. This was, for example, why it was on the Deathcaster.

Not absolutely certain, but I think the nerf came from it being on the Enforcer of the Circle. And rather than removing it, they nerfed it. This made it pretty much useless for everyone else, and also, ironically, useless on him too.

It also made the spell Corpse Collection even more shoebox.

10. KingJad

hmm it didn't do that when my guildie ran it, i'll look into it.

11. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Thanks KingJad for testing out Soul Collection with Assimilate. Nice Catch.

Assimilate use to heal based on the amount of nora in the globe but you would not collect that nora so assimilate ended up costing you additional nora. It was fixed to a flat amount of hp and you now gain that nora when collected.

Corpse collection is overcast surely. Perhaps if Assimilate granted more hp or the spell went down to 20 nora?

12. Fikule

Assimilate would be nicer if it was able to grab more healing in general.

like:
    Assimilate
    Whenever a friendly champion collects a nora globe, this champion heals 6hp. This effect can trigger twice per turn.

That way anyone can pick up the globe. And Corpse Collection becomes a bit of global healing for undead (the maximum healed being 12, the same as a Divine Favor 3)

It could possibly have a qualifier like "within 8 spaces" just so you don't have graveyard hijinks

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  13. BroWatchThis

How do you guys feel about decay in its current state? I find it to be pretty much worthless seeing that it affects the casting player as well.

Just like how reclaim in KF only affects the opposition, I believe decay should go back to its old way of only affecting the opposing player and get a duration down to 4 turns, keep nora cost at 50.

14. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

The thing that really killed Decay was the change to only do half the healing done in damage.

15. BroWatchThis

Decay the spell still deals dmg equal to what would have been healed (unless the description is wrong in decay), but that did happen to Anathema, rotting blows, etc.

If Decay (the spell) only affected the opposing player again, then people would probably cry about it again as well.

16. Fikule

Tbh the only rune that was ever an issue with the old decay was Anathema.

If you got a rotting blows on someone, you deserved the 100% decay damage. Anathema... not so much.

17. BansheeX

In all honesty Anathema should proberly only ever had applied Inhibited as well as Defiled instead of the Decayed.

18. BroWatchThis

You mean Anathema, correct?

19. BansheeX

Yes and Fixed.

20. BroWatchThis

I agree. It would still be runnable since it's one of the only AoE dmg spells we have. I just want Decay back to its old ways.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014