Forsaken Wastes Winter Patch of 2016

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Senshu, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

Darkmarsh Blackstaff Lost immune Magic :oops:
    Whats the possibility of getting immune magic put on Wraith's Tear

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  2. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

to amp Disease you will have to use 4 slots for equipment and 2 for Ghoul, since he is the only champ with Amp as upgrade - But up can run Serk in a Disease build and not have him hurt with Breath and Aura

Dang The Rot Lost DMZ - now 1 rounding is easier

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  3. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I didn't say it'd be good, it's just that we have plenty of sources for it now.

4. ghklf

ghklf I need me some PIE!

3 spirits lost Surge:spirit and the nerf of Lich Magistrate. What made u nerf spirit damage output so much?

5. SireofSuns

Lich Magistrate didn't quite fit, so it was intended as a slight redesign, the Surge: Spirit stuff was mainly targeted at ranged champions, but also to reduce some of the damage output.

Now, WHY, I don't really know for all of it. Some of it makes sense to me, but not all.

6. SireofSuns

@Sokolov Is Despoil supposed to be a hidden spell now? Because I was playing against the computer, and they cast it twice, but no notification ever came up. Just thought it was odd.

7. ghklf

Well, to me Lich Magistrate is one of the key champion of spirit theme. I am fine with the nerf of Restless Souls, but -3 dmg does not make sense to me.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Magistrate still has surge. Part of the point of this patch was to remove the many surge options across multiple themes -- the ability is incredibly powerful, especially on ranged champs, and as a result leads to a similar feel to many themes that use it for primary damage. This has been discussed.

SireofSuns likes this.
  9. ghklf

That makes sense then, however I would rather give the surge abilities back, reduce their cost but limit the dmg bonus to a certain number, say 5(just an example).

This could stop surge abilities being OP to those spawning decks, and make them valuable enough to those decks that do not spawn much.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Tell Sok, not me.

11. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

i didnt really like vuln. on her, so i consider it a slight buff. i'd be okay if she kept that, but i think she could use a slight buff. Maybe her unique ability could have +2 dmg on it and/or reduced cooldown or the hp of the summon could be slightly higher. i feel like the reason i'd deploy her is mostly to clone opponents, not 7 spd or hidden. dark seductress would do similar job but better

12. sWeNibor

sWeNibor I need me some PIE!

Also Lichling nerf, that doesnt say here drop deck limit to 2 was 3. :(

13. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

I just added #7. I'm pretty sure it was 6 before...someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

14. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The changes to Shadestrike were totally a good idea, though.

16. Elric

It just sucks that Coven Claw is shoeboxed now.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  17. Elric

18. SireofSuns

Eh, maybe? Do you feel that both nerfs to it were needed? I kinda thought just reducing the aoe would be plenty (makes it that much harder to stealth your hidden: dmz champs safely too).

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Compare to Snowstrike: Shadestrike generated literally 10 times as many time-tiles as Snowstrike did. Granted, imp 2 snow is a bit stronger, but the abilities are supposed to be roughly parallel. Shadestrike was making so much DMZ that you couldn't really tell what was getting attacked; just being in the area of a fighting Shadestrike champ meant everything was plastered with DMZ.

20. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

just made a couple of games with an Arroyo Spirit bg: Lich Magistrate is still viable (reach easily 15/17 dmg), Whisperghast with Vengeful still has a good dmg output.
    The Shadestriker cheap build ( sabotage Eletrick and Vaporize) gives a lot more survability.