Fox News Alert

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ragic, Dec 19, 2016.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

!remindme 8years

dammit reddit

darklord48 likes this.
  2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

burn in 8 years ....
    1. America will be great again
    2. the European Union will be a bad memory
    3. the Earth wlll be a little bit warmer
    4. the ice caps will still be there
    5. the asteroid that is going to make it all meaningless will be closer

DarkJello likes this.
  3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

this will be and already is becoming a disaster of proportions you do not yet understand.

4. Ragic

I don't live in a polder

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

no, you live in a bubble. and I do not envy you the moment it will burst.

but hey, maybe you will die before then. so you know... silver linings.

6. Ragic

it must suck for you that its going to take so long for the world the end.

7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

nah, the world won't end.

8. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Some peeps define "the world" as humanity. Planet earth should be fine for billions of years to come, but one cannot know with 100% certainty.

SPiEkY and Geressen like this.
  9. Ragic

without humanity whats the point?

DarkJello and Geressen like this.
  10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

how self centered.

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. DarkJello

The wolves will continue to rip apart the rabbits, but we won't be here to witness. Eventually that comet will smash n bash.

12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

comets never smash and bash they are made mostly of dirty ice you mean asteroids, I thought you were calling spades spades? :p

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

@Ragic what part of the EU do you disagree with so? can you explain? I never understood.

14. Ragic

u
    im sorry gressen but you wont understand after I explain either. the world is a dangerous place. we are not all citizens of the world. being alive is a competitive sport. resources are limited and cultures clash. you survive the chaos by forming a pack. family. town. country. the agreement is you fight for the pack and the pack fights for you. all for one and one for all. but if the pack gets so big that you are expendable, the pack stops fighting for you. but still expects you to fight for the pack. that's slavery.
    im sure there is a lot of grist in there for your snark mill but it gets the point across.

im not a fan of globalization because the forces that make us compete with one another are still out there no matter how civilized you want to pretend to be. and as long as we have to compete, I want my pack to still fight for me. so im not a fan of globalization, I think it fails because the needs of citizens of a specific contry are subverted and the bond that holds that country together is weakened. globalization might be good for the elite, but it isn't good for the common man. and when the elite realize that they need the common man it usually isn't under good circumstances.

the EU represents an experiment in globalization and we see it failing before our eyes. why should I care? because there is one more group higher than family, town, country and that is culture. there is a clash of cultures brewing (east vs west) whether or not you want to admit it. and the European countries are on my side of that line. the sooner they get their **** together the sooner I can count on them to fight for the right side.

and If all this fight talk is too much for you substitute the phrase 'represent my interests' instead of 'fight for'. same thing imo.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    DarkJello likes this.
  15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

so Ragic do you also want the USA to be destroyed?

asking because I think your answer will be evidence of a double standard within your worldview.

BurnPyro likes this.
  16. Ragic

the USA is too large to properly represent the interests of all its citizens. that's what states are for. I think far too much power has been transferred to the federal government. but I also think individual states are too small to function completely independently from each other. there is a balance there that needs to be maintained. but that model does not extend outward indefinitely. there has to be a 'glue' that holds a group together. that glue is culture. European countries are too different from each other culturally imo for the glue to be strong enough. states are (or were) closer together in that respect.

this culture, this 'glue' is speaking the same language, praying to the same god, pledging allegiance to same flag, etc. anytime any of these things is attacked, the glue is weakened, and I resist it. the USA is supposed to be a melting pot, not a social experiment for multiculturalism. you can come here and become American, not transplant your culture here and expect it to radiate outwards. you 'melt'. the things that unite us have to outweigh the things that divide us or the country will fail.

look, I think a united earth that can live in harmony and equity is a grand vision and we are headed in that direction naturally. but the left wants to get there way too fast. they aren't giving the 'melting' process enough time and what we get instead are of clumps of culture bouncing off each other.

StormChasee, SPiEkY and DarkJello like this.
  17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

So the problem is that because you don't understand how european cultures can work together you think they shouldn't?

it's cute how you think your states are too small when you can fit 1/3rd of the EU into one of them.

[​IMG]

18. Ragic

are you trying to prove me wrong and that the EU is just fine? Brexit suggests otherwise dude. perhaps its you who doesn't understand why.

and texas is one of the larger states. they probably could function on their own and you hear noises about it from time to time. of course when I say function I mean be fully self sufficient and not have to rely on a foreign power for their defense.

DarkJello likes this.
  19. DarkJello

[​IMG]

SPiEkY likes this.
  20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

of course there are issues that means there are things that need to be fixed, do you throw all your glasware in the garbage everytime a single glas gets a crack?

AlsoI think perhaps you do not understand Brexit or the EU.