Fox News Alert

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ragic, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

so like I said, explaining wouldn't help. youre too invested in your way of thinking to see things clearly. even after it falls completely apart youll still be making excuses.

2. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

The EU has been failing for similar reasons to why the Soviet Block started to fall apart. The groups of people, despite the small numbers and size of living spaces (ie: countries), still have a long history of:
    1] Warring with each other
    2] Hating each other
    3] Stealing from each other
    4] Wanting to be independent from each other
    5] Struggling to understand even the most basic parts of their neighbors languages and cultures (seriously, Poland and Germany don't mix)

Now, that's a bit exaggerated, certainly, but the point is that European countries are going to have to wait/work for a long firking time before they can effectively have something like the EU. America only barely gets away with it, due to the western states being mainly people that moved from the eastern states (we also have a lot nationalistic pride, "gasp! horror of horrors!", which helps).

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

a bit? well I know something you are not exaggerating, which is the how much you exaggerated.

1 and 2 where being helped enormously by the EU
    and all europeans are thieves now are we?
    what the hell is it with americans not understanding the difference between co-operation and independence?

if an american saw a person injure their legs falling down on train tracks they wouldn't help them back up for fear of taking that persons independence

also true that historically Poland and Germany mixed a lot. those ****s not past that? sure they are not just pretend angry at eachother like the Netherlands and Germany? or France and Germany? or Austria and Germany? Or Denmark and Germany? or Germany and Germany?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Beat me to it

The irony is so rich, it would be running for predident for the Republicans while also upsetting right wingers for donating to Hillary

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Were they? Honestly asking, I don't know my European history as well as I'd like to, but I was under the impression that y'all had already mostly stopped warring with each other before the EU. Please, correct me if I'm wrong here.
    now?
    what the hell is it with europeans thinking co-operation and independence are mutually exclusive? ;)

DarkJello likes this.
  6. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

The thieves part refers to medieval history and previous (though there are some interesting things going on with northern Mediterranean countries...).

I understand the cooperation was intended, but for a lot of Europeans they felt like they were losing their sense of independence and national history.

And yes, Poland and Germany mixed a lot, that doesn't mean they want to share the same laws. Of course, that's kinda a given for any two or more countries, and is even true here in the US among states.

7. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

iow winning?