Framing Syria

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ragic, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

step 1) obtain chemical weapons
    step 2) use weapons at the same time Syrian jets are overhead bombing you.
    step 3) sit back and laugh while trump blows up a few Syrian jets.
    step 4) ..... uh we didn't really think we'd get this far
    step 5) .......... maybe we should do it again?
    step 6) ............. nah, lets quit while we're ahead.

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Mosby boys!!

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I thought at first that the title was Farming Syria

BurnPyro and SPiEkY like this.
  4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I thought this was going to be about photo composition.

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Does Ragic have new evidence or is he spouting of conspiracy theory on a whim?

6. Ragic

ah I understand the confusion now. liberals aren't really good at fighting for a cause. they don't realize it takes a sustained effort. theyre best at making a lot of noise and getting attention, then fading into obscurity. so the fact that the mysterious cabal intent on framing Syria hasn't struck again doesn't bother liberals one bit.

7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

It seems to me that Ragic is trying to frame Syria and its events as something else, thinks he is a mysterious cabal, and believes he is cause for worry for everyone here with political views to the left of his right wing views which he has incorrectly all labelled as liberals.
    All of this despite the fact that in a different discussion about Syria he himself was labelled a Liberal by another one of our right wing posters.

8. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Er... I'm pretty sure Ragic's initial post in this thread was trying to be sarcastic.

9. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

All roads lead to Lighthouse

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Yeah... this part of your statement is clearly nonsense, you'd do a whole lot better job of making your point without gratuitous and pointless statements like this... probably less satisfying to post though, so hey...

Setting aside the fact that it takes time to set up and is difficult to actively pull off a false flag so the short time-span is not particularly meaningful yet (not to mention it gets riskier each time as there are more opportunities to be found out...) this ignores two points:

1. Many that differ in your views on this don't believe it was a gas attack in the first place, but rather an attack on a facility that had chemicals/chemical weapons. In other words it was an accident, then attributed to be an intentional effect to a specific party in order to push certain agendas.

2. If Assad is trying to blame someone else for an intentional action on his part (and certainly he's keen on spinning it at the least), it would actually be in his interest to do it again and use that as "proof" that the mysterious cabal is behind everything. "See? You have emboldened them and now they use chemical weapons against our people again because they know we/I will be blamed for it!" or whatever.

(Keep in mind I'm not really taking a side on this, I don't have enough information one way or another, there are solid signs pointing to Assad, and solid signs pointing to not Assad so...

But if you're going to consider something from the angle of conspiracy, best to do so looking at it properly, make sure you can actually write them off before you do.)

11. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

ragic is more interested in indulging his own petty desires and whims than actually engaging in a remotely serious discussion.

sometimes he's Firking hysterical though, so i think it averages out ok

Geressen likes this.
  12. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

Yea I find him almost as Firking funny as you!

13. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

thanks b

14. Ragic

I really bugs you guys that you were so wrong doesn't it. thought you'd be used to it by now, but hey.

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

wrong about what?

16. Ragic

Gressen. you post in every thread and reply to every post. its background noise. try as you might, not every comment has to do with you. sit back and eat some popcorn and let the adults fight.

17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

don't lie to me, answer the question, and let me meddle.

18. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

It isn't hard to figure out who is framing Syria.
    [​IMG]

19. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Let's indulge in some speculation on the possibilities:

1) Assad, or someone working for him did it -- the motivation would be to kill people he thinks of as enemies, without realising that he would be found out or what the US response would be. While it seems like a (too) poor decision on his part, it is a warzone and it's always possible it wasn't autherised properly.

2) Rebels staged it -- it would be a gamble on it being picked up by the media/US army, and then acted upon. It also costs them civilian lives, and it would also be a PR disaster for them if the hoax was revealed.

3) It was an accident that the rebels/west capatilised on -- A syrian airstrike hits a chemical storage (weapons or otherwise) which had a horrible effect on those nearby. The rebels and western media (knowingly or not) falsely frame this as an chemical weapons attack.

4) The US staged it -- it would be logistically difficult, but it is worth noting that the biggest winner out of all this is Trump, since he gets to salvage some US credibility, make it look like he is tough militarily, and discredit the idea he is a Russian puppet.

Ultimately we can't know what happened, but for me rebels staging it seems one of the least credible possibilities.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

these conspiracies have you guys angry at people who we should be angry with for the wrong crazy and insane reasons.

it's really weird when you guys write a sentence that starts of right and then quicly descends into screaming madness.