Free split BG's

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Hierokliff, May 25, 2017.

1. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Would be very interesting to see some split builds just using the free runes. ill try make an IS/UD with only the free ones and post it and explain a bit how i thought...
    [​IMG]

Not tested it and not really worked on it, started with a copy of the UD deck, and removed 15runes.
    and since its a split i cant use Euan or Talgar since they are FF Heroes.
    Champs:
    - archangel of al'mara (flying melee magical damage)
    - Bloodbow infantry (ranged, thought i needed some range dmg)
    - Crusader (one of the best common melee champs, he grows for each turn he is melee...)
    - Deep Elf Infiltrator (nice to have some stealth+call of the hunter to bring friends into melee)
    - Deep Elf Priestess (old habit, used to love this champ)
    - Elemental Warstaff (very cheap allround Paladin, do 4 different damagetypes and are very very cheap)
    - Imp Alchemisth (never used but grant: action potion is very powerful)
    - Ironfist Inquisitor (could def be replaced, but hard hitting and can shield)
    - Nefari Informant (stealth+detection)
    - North cross cardinal (heal + ranged dmg, can stop healing with holy blade of valdac)
    - North cross Priestess (heal + relic aoe dmg, very very good champ)
    - Pincushion (legendary UD anti-ear unit, it eats arrows and gets stronger, use it against stupid AI ranged units)
    - Rip Demon (was just nerfed but think its still really good)
    - Vothsair Ireguard (wanted damage?)

spells
    - Blessing of Al'mara (flying is so good, and if you put it on elemental warstaff, crusader, north cross people they also get Hunter:Walker)
    - Demolish (remove annoying relics, like mines etc..)
    - Disarm
    - Earthquake (dmg all grounded units, so if your flying with bless of al'mara just hit where your troops are also if needed)
    - Fiery Ambush (burn those near the Font)
    - Hammer Strike (damage + stun your enemy, good for tough annoying monsters)
    - Maddening echoes (cant kill them? move your own troops near, and kill ALL...)
    - Mandate from Sheoul (want more dmg fast, drop it on a wounded melee unit and it gets +5dmg and if it kills it heals 25hp)
    - Retribution (cant kill an enemy superchamp, or think you will lose one of your own champs, cast this spell on your dying champ...)
    - Split Personality (never tested in Bot games...)
    - Superiority (with a split, you need to be careful using this spell so you dont hurt your own troops)

Relics
    - Celestial spear (8dmg relic, very good for dropping in fonts and hurting alot of units.)
    - Hahndor Memorial (makes near enemies Faithless so they cant cast spells on you)

Equipment
    - Granite bracers (deflects 1 attack per turn)
    - Holy Blade of Valdac (awesome sword, gives fire attack, fire burning, can be dropped for a AoE heal and picked up again, if wielded by a paladin it stops enemy healing)
    - Medal of Valor (use this on your melee unit and kill enemies, each time you kill all your troops get +1dmg, no limit on how much dmg you get with this)

2. Hierokliff

Noticed that IS have actually 60 free runes if you do the IS tutorial you get the drunk dwars deck.
    this version is more offensive
    upload_2017-5-27_11-24-6.png

changes:
    champs
    + Ironfist Minister
    traded North Cross Priestess for Ironfist minister, the minister has battle drum, gives extra AP and DMG for the turn when you are ready to fight. (maybe i should remove Elemental Warstaff for another spell like another hammer strike)

Spells
    + Bane Blast, a very effective AoE spell (removed Disarm, in the start its often better to just kill)
    + Desperate heal, heals all your champs for 15hp, BUT it hurts your shrine 5HP for each healed champion. (removed celestial spear)
    + Macadamaize a huge AoE Buff spell, and it covers the land with rock (removed granite bracers, think maybe spells are easier to use in the start then equipment)

3. bearhugger29

bearhugger29 Member

Excellent, ty for the update buddy.

4. Hierokliff

If you like the Vothsair Ireguard, but dont like that the enemy charges him with melee units and kill him, well here is a tweak for it. Instead of the relic Handor Memorial i did add Kingmaker, he is one of my favorite IS rune, but kinda bad against BOT because how the BOT's charge. But the combination of deploying Kingmaker and next turn Vothsair Ireguard, makes this monster twice as annoying and just those two can probably win any custom BOT game for you. The kingmaker comes with the drunken dwarf deck.

upload_2017-6-3_11-16-43.png

xplint likes this.
  5. xplint

xplint I need me some PIE!

hierokliff, if you had like 600k poxbox points left, how would you improve that bg? can u help me?

6. Hierokliff

I would really consider buying a pureblood plainswalker since i think its one of the most powerful units in the game, but if it would really help this bg? i wouldnt try to upgrade this bg, i would look at what i would want to play in 2 weeks and start plan for filling that bg with those 600k pts plus the free runes you get from BOT games, check cost in poxbox vs forging them. can i find cheaper fillers, like pontiff of al'mara / north cross priestess instead of plainswalker.

atm i just finish getting all my "extra" minotaurs and are happy with them, they are fun, strong, mobile

xplint likes this.
  7. xplint

xplint I need me some PIE!

thanks for the informative reply, will scout a bit and check the runes :)