Frost Amp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xxLordQxx, May 27, 2016.

1. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

This is a bit out of hand. None of the champs that amp frost dmg are vuln fire. The synergy is over the top and way to easy to amp. Not sure how this is just flying under Sok's radar. Well then again it was said a while back that ST is his favorite faction. Maybe there is some merit to that.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

What? why is this a problem. Literally worst complaint ever

3. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Lonx Adept.

4. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

It's a reference to Fire amp being basically a weaker version of Frost amp, less developed design wise and a good amount of them having vul: frost.

5. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Frost amp was always strong and borderline broken.

A lot of strong stuff goes under the radar because people dont play it enough.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Frost amp has been s-tier or close since '08

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

You sound... Frosty

Qucas, super71 and NevrGonaGivUup like this.
  8. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

The consistency of this thread... Lol.

9. xxLordQxx

lmao I am frosty! Agir hit the nail on the head. My real complaint is the lack of consistency in design. UD fire was gutted with multiple nerfs because it was "OP". To much synergy with emberwasp, borghas, etc. Then here comes firking frost amp who just keeps getting better and having more synergy with no drawbacks. You have a relic that instantly amps 25% of a damage type that there is literally no defense against. To make it more insulting the one item that allowed UD to deal with frost got nerfed not firking reason.

If we are going to act like this is not an issue as a community fine. Then give UD back its "fire" power.

10. xxLordQxx

You obviously dont read much forum post. If this is the worst complaint ever either your a ST ***** kum bucket or you have never read a single post from....oh lets say MW, Iaja, etc.

After further review I could see why you felt this wasnt a problem. However as a UD player...my fireamp champs mostly have vuln frost, my heavy hitting fire champs have vuln frost, my evil fire spewing $%^& is vuln frost.....you see a pattern here? Well guess what....you wont find that pattern in ST. So yes I am bitter and pissed and jealous and just a %$^hole in general about this topic.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  11. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Frost were OP too and was nerfed to the ground too. That is the history of Pox pal, deal with it.

If you want Fire to get a buff, make a PROPPER thread about it.

But if you feel Frost is stronger than it should be, make a PROPPER thread to talk about it's REASONS.

12. xxLordQxx

No way. I already spent enough time *****ing. Someone who has more insight into the inner working of pox and who can articulate it better than me should do it lol. I am just good at *****in and whinning.

super71 and Goyo like this.
  13. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I agree with him also, anyone notice frost amp got a ton of bad ass unique frost abilities, where's fire amp still just had flame burst and flame thrower lol.

14. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I dunno, they got Flame Prison recently. And I've always thought Set Ablaze was kinda badass. Especially when Maxx uses it; he just snaps his fingers all bored-like and BOOM you're on fire and can't do Bane Shift.

15. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Yeah but look at all the recent new abilities for st frost and how strong they are. I also like set ablaze although every champ it's on is super expensive now.

16. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

That is partially because most of the thematic focus and development in ST has been on frost. UD is more... scattered.

defypain and Goyo like this.
  17. xxLordQxx

This is a good point. However it does not excuse it. Maybe stop giving us stupid tree's that have no synergy....make them fit into one of the many themes we already have. Something that enhances the theme not just "oh look...well since it has attack fire I guess it can go in a fire bg".

18. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Naria fit into bleed/vamp decks decently well. I know that both themes will be glad of the extra ranged units.

19. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Giving frost units vuln fire would only be a disadvantage against fire decks. Overall, it would be a buff against all other decks, since vuln reduces champ cost. Making amp more expensive could work, if a nerf is needed.

20. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

I think jazzman is a troll. Ive seen a few of his posts about ud and he is always wrong and has no idea wth he is talking about. naria are garbage when youre talking about them in reference to ud. Stop with the naria!!