FS Coalition Rune Discussion

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by AmmonReros, May 12, 2015.

1. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

Feel free to discuss.

What quirks me the most atm is the following:
    Snaptooth Hunter has an ability that grants bonusses for all the slowed enemies around him. Looking at what causes the slowed condition and possibly finding more items to synergize with the ability I found:

Frost Mallet

[​IMG] Frost Nova
    [​IMG] Hinder Movement
    [​IMG] Lay Trap: Frost
    [​IMG] Revere: Icesnap
    [​IMG] Slowing Armor
    (according to PoxBase). Now we got 1 unit with Slowing Armor and the Snaptooth himself. And 1 extra unit that has one of the abilities above. And that is Lay Trap: Frost on Salaman Trapper.
    However if Stall was a "slow" condition as well that would bring in Firk Diplomat, Fly Catcher and Snaptooth Chilan! So I'm kinda for that. Just simply to have more synergy.

Also Collective Ambassador kinda lacks (semi-)aquatic. Mirefolk without that? Unthinkable.

2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

but you can run collective meta... for cleansing ; and an easy 12 dam, And yeah new snappy needs some slowing friends

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  3. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

yes I prefer the circadian without aquatic. makes more sense lore wise. its an ambassador, how's it suppose to travel to other kingdoms that don't have water if its semi aquatic. and secondly it works better within the meta because it gives access to cleansing aura on a champ to the whole faction.

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Almost all Slow sources comes from ST, and the most units with Declare Hunted are in ST too... Just saying.

PD: ST Declare Hunted runes doesn't worth the split.

5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

To be honest, Kill Sense interests me more as a means of applying Slow than for how it buffs with applications of Slow. There are, of course, some benefits for Splits (particularly with The Collective) that are worth considering, but I see it more as a means of holding down injured enemies (if you weren't able to finish them off) so they can't escape or dive onto sensitive targets as easily.

First Impressions:

Glutton is interesting. Solid stats for his cost, can Massive Leap to avoid the worst aspects of Weighty from time to time, though obviously not a Font rushing Rune regardless. Consume has always been an interesting proposition in FS. Spawnpool Guardian has a strong Summons, and there's always Mucker, and several cheap units in general, but it's not like there's a terrible lack of Healing either. I can easily see it replacing the Bloated Toad in most BGs running that still.

Ambassador... Eh. Annex is kind of interesting and horribly boring at the same time. Could be good for FS/FW splits for the extra anti-magic zonage and the like. Surge: Races is one of the least useful Surge abilities I've seen, since it means that summoning to pad out the Surge won't generally help, but on the other hand it means things like a Corrupted Guardian will provide greater initial returns with only a few champions out. Will probably generally prefer it over Surge: Enemy if only because it's cheaper and more under my control. Still, I think I prefer the revamped Firk Botanist for a source of Cleansing Aura. A lot will come down to how much The Collective and Splits come into play I suppose.

Jellebrium Mediator is "meh." It's nice and cheap with Distract, and Stall is good, but it's got relatively low stats in general. Nice to see more Jelly of course, but the theme as a whole seems to lack punch without having to dip into Firk. Will probably need to wait for another expansion to see the Jellies have their day in the sandwich.

Swamp Wisp seems expensive for not having an attack. Granted, it's a good Font harasser, and between Grant: Trap and Poison Burst I'll probably have fun messing around with it in my Slam BGs (when I finally get some that is) but there will be many rounds it just doesn't do much of anything but sit there being Evasive/Vaporized. I guess that, in spite of the superior stats on Swamp Wisp, it feels like Icewisp is just more consistently useful and cheaper. But since I haven't got any Swamp Wisps yet perhaps my opinions will change once I get a chance to test it in the field.

Snaptooth Hunter in general... I miss <Incorporeal>. Having a source of Deep Wounds could make for interesting Split options, as can Declare Hunted as previously mentioned. Call of the Hunter finally brings Relocate Ally to FS, which is interesting, and possibly terrifying when used alongside melee monsters like the Pirahnids or Deadeye, though obviously the racial/thematics don't line up outside of that. Perhaps instead it'll be Throatrend Lonx or whatever is cool in ST these days.

Psychic Conundrum: I'm not sure my enemies group up enough for this to become useful. Potentially it's an 18 DMG AoE in a very large area. The problem with that is that you need to get someone into the midst of several enemies with a bunch of AP and not have a better use for that AP (such as flat out killing stuff). This seems rather unlikely. Perhaps if the spell were quite a bit cheaper... I suppose if nothing else, it gives Swamp Wisp something to do while it's abilities are on cooldown...

The Collective: Highlander BGs, ahoy! Also Splits. It does however have some order-of-operation issues (needs to be in play before you Deploy), so it's somewhat questionable. Still, it's got potential, and those order-of-operations issues also mean that simply removing The Collective will not remove any buffs it's already given (unlike a Banner). So that's a thing. Besides, I like Chained Fae in KF (even before Preordained), so I figure this can work out for FS as well, even considering the relative lack of Scry available.

Bog Pearl: I'd guess this might be good after the Salaman Thematic rework, based on what we'd been told thus far. It's incredibly slow taking 5 Rounds to reach it's potential, which is worse than putting Covenant on not-an-elf, but it's also "free." If Salaman get a decent source of Craft through the rework, Bog Pearl will be bog standard in such a deck (again, based on what we've heard on that front).

Overall: I'm kinda feeling "meh" about the vast majority of the stuff, to be honest. There's some decent Split potential with a few runes, and The Collective could be fun to play around with, but I'm overall not impressed. But it's also just my first impression.

6. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

Not an interesting patch sadly. I will see you when the next patch arrives.

7. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Snaptooth Hunter is great imo. Tried out all the new runes yesterday. Kill sense + deep wounds on a snaptooth with the potential for multi attack 3 gives him amazing damage output. Boghopper Glutton shuts down range spam and is great companion to spawnpool guardian. Absorb + consume almost puts him on par with corpse elemental except for a few things. Weighty is a problem on maps where u are far away from a font. His hps and defense are good and he is good at stalling with massive leap and tectonic pulse. The mirefolk has potential to be good. Starshine, change of plans are both good abilities and she has good surge potential. The jellebrium is good against summon spammers. The exo wisp has interesting poison ability but im not that impressed. Psychic Conundrum has great damage potential and I like the aoe distract addition. The collective is a great relic to run if u have a multi race meta deck. From a competitive standpoint your getting the benefits of commander buff in a relic. The bog pearl grants +10 hitpoints over time and if u die, or shatter it you get a refund what is not to like.