FS/FW Death Benefit Brainstorming

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by tangmcgame, Jul 20, 2014.

1. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  2. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I would ditch the Graveyard/Essence Devourer module. It is to hard to set up and far to possible to get draw****ed with.
    Skeletal Bersekers I would sub out for Revenants. Cheaper and easier to us for a font cap due to Initaitve.

I am not much of a split player so take it with a grain of salt

3. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

4. gillo

Also consider running Dusk Creeper instead of Death Harvester. Soul Collection is so much stronger than having to run the bird around...

5. tangmcgame

Creepers are in already, especially with Blackstaff giving race undead to frogs. I see skelezerks and revs as interchangeable in this deck, and I'd run both if you drop essence devourerers and graveyards. I see ed+gy as endgame rather than vital, but they can be removed without significantly hurting the deck. I wonder if bile zumbos with forced recon is any good. Seems like a lot of burst and deaths.

6. gillo

Oh lol sorry didn't see creepers. Be careful you don't run too many short-lived champs, as you will have trouble capping fonts early game.

7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I'll be trying a module with stitched tyrants and seamtresses for better DB, also with disintegrate to reuse sac altars/tortun land cannons. I would love to include matriarch sarinda aswell but timmy's got the spot, because she would fit the stitched module while providing death harvest sparing me the bird.
    Anyone tested the tyrant and can tell me if ther abilities are working (symbiosis and reconstitution) or has any recommendations for other stitcheds for the module?

8. tangmcgame

That's not a bad idea. I forgot stitched make real champs when they recon. Timmy kinda has his spot on lockdown, unfortunately, unless the stitched module just has hella synergy.

9. GabrielQ

Also, considering that ED feeds on summons, bone fracture may be good synergy, be it in a bone elemental or in a cloaked tank. A skeleton module could be good also, with fracture, skeletal raider (double death), more summons, hoarfrost lich (supposedly it should work, but whatever)

10. tangmcgame

For me, feeding ED summons defeats the purpose. It's meant to ramp up your death benefit champs by eating summoned skeletons. If you went for a skeleton module, you could use Altar of Bones with GY for both more reliable DB procs and more overall synergies. Boneshredders look pretty decent with his trap.

More possibilities: Mindflayer Queen and Wandering Zombie for double death. Obviously Coragh, but I don't have it.

I'm personally hoping the stitched route works a little better since there are fewer tempo issues. I'm still not 100% locked down on the FS side of things. You get synergy to a point and then after that you're basically just running good stuff.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  11. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

voodoo shamfie has soul siphon dude

GabrielQ likes this.
  12. GabrielQ

Funny thing that 8 deaths already maxes him out.

attio26 likes this.
  13. GabrielQ

Champion changes brainstorming, for this split and db in general:

Darkmarsh blackstaff race changes to work in a AoE (like, forglar swamp champions within 5 spaces have race undead and boon...)

Darkmarsh fury's second upgrade path changed to flame nova 3, vengeful, flame charge.

Reduce voodo shamfie's stats to make soul siphon not so redundant

Change tortun bokor to FS/FW

Rework darkmarsh sorcerer, make him a witch, give him a death charged option and something else to so with his charges, maybe something like: path 1: spell shift, counterspell mastery, recharge; path 2 supercharged 1, death charged 1, spell charged 1.

Give almsgiver a slightly more focused DB build, rite of creation could be buffed, and resurrect would be nice to cycle martyrs.

Make reinforcement the predetermined upgrade for misshappen boghopper

Allow the fleshweaver witch to have reconstruct: blackguard at the same time that death charged and one of his charge abilities.

Leadrz and attio26 like this.
  14. bioalchemy

bioalchemy Member

it's risky-ish but nora seep combined with dusk creeper has the potential to net a LOT of nora. You can then use wake the dead to spawn 3 skeletons if they capture a nora globe in their font. If pulled off you can potentially gen a lot of nora, cap their font from across the map and feed death charged units since the skellies are spawned instead of summoned.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  15. tangmcgame

No idea if that's a good idea, but it's freaking genius!

16. tangmcgame

No idea if that's a good idea, but it's freaking genius!

17. gillo

18. GabrielQ

When I tested nora seep pre revamp, I concluded it was too map dependent to be worth it.

19. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

As stupid and non-competitive it may sound, that Foul Rite benefits not only Humans, but also Darkmarsh Witches.

Using Unholy Tomb hurts him to the point, that he's unable to be maxed out. Again Foul Rite feeds him, though he's not human. These are just Rune Manager Contemplation issues. Foul Rite however, kills all the soul collectors except Elsarin Reaper.

20. singinsammy

singinsammy Member

I love this idea. This is what I have so far:

http://poxbase.com/deck/ChMC3qCz6CdYcfLCf2CwpCujco4cils6Tsqs6zS1gSWs2_RNR2ae3o

going the skeleton splitting route; raven wraith and dark marsh witches for late game.
    marsh song.nora drain/ salmon rooks to keep opponent without resources

I like the expired tortun cannon with disintegrate idea; that's why the seamstress is there. maybe just 2 flesh weavers tho if it's too clumsy.

Don't play FS so any advice is welcome.

Considering throwing in an elsarin vex to make the skels last a little longer

Thanks