FS/FW Death Benefit Brainstorming

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by tangmcgame, Jul 20, 2014.

1. singinsammy

singinsammy Member

well after a few games that's not working....

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

This is how I see the theme
    Core:
    Timothy
    2x Darkmarsh witches
    1x Death harvester
    1x Dusk creeper or Soul collector
    Then:
    FS meat champions:
    Bloated toad - safe
    Mucker - more return out of death harvester, you want him with spell protection
    FW meat champions
    Skeletal raiders
    Boneshredders
    Bone elementals

Stitched tyrant
    FW support champions
    Tomb lord
    Stitched seamstress
    Fleshweaver witch
    To that you add meta splash to gain tools or strenghts.

Spells/relics/equips
    FS
    forced reconstruction
    meta splash
    FW
    Dark rising
    Haunt/Wake the dead
    Sacrificial altar
    Cloak of skulls
    disintegrate
    meta splash.

Example with skeleton module:
    http://poxbase.com/deck/CgPc9ChMCz6c93cdYcfLCuhcwGcg-c69cilc4bs1Sws81sns46RvR2aE2Be2w
    Augurs are just combat champions, negamages for sever summons and shadestrikers for backlash to counter nora gen.

3. xplint

xplint I need me some PIE!

gabriel, is this deck competitive?

4. GabrielQ

Easily limited, but is somewhat weak against massive amounts of HP, so that will be a problem against trees and beasts, also, it's not easy to play.

5. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

http://poxbase.com/deck/CgUCz6c4mCdYCaNCwpco4ch-cilC1xs1sqS33s81s12snS5Ns4fS2_r2ae2y

My version - a rough sketch.

Hoarfrost Dragons should be Boneshredders. Darkmarsh Furies are there, just because, Nora Seep is situational, but with Wake the Dead, he pumps up our guys and Dusk Creeper gets as much as it is possible with dead eater(no use in improving range/damage). Voodoo Shamfie grows like a madman. Font Eruptions probably will get out, Cloak of Skulls will replace Soul Reaver(i think, that is).

My put focus on relative good early game with contesting, Ravenwraiths, Tyrants, to a lesser extent Shamfies make a good counterdrops and contesters, the engine pumps them really fast. Insane plus of Wake the Dead after Nora Seep is that you can get immediate haunt on their banner/or put tortun land cannon(I will probably add another one).

6. GabrielQ

If you are going nora seep + WtD, you have to include sacrificial altars and dark risings, otherwise it's a waste.

7. Alkioneus

6 champions take the direct benefit of such "waste". I will incorporate Dark Risings and Altars at some point. These are 3-4 slots however, and those slots are on the FW side, that is already crowded. I decided not to include them and take some games without them. DR+SacAlt is a sheer efficiency. I need to find the place for this sheer efficiency and it will take some time. This isn't the standard BG, I used to pilot, I need to get adjusted to it. I'll post my result as this split has incredible fun potential.

8. GabrielQ

It's more about a tactical waste, the escenario is, if a enemy champion tries to get a globe, 3 or 6 skeletons are spawned and the font is contested, he kills one if he's lucky, and now what? you can just stall the font or you can win the font, if you have 2 wtd skeletons in a font, with 90 nora you can deal 65 LoL to whatever is in the font and be left with a real champion to capture and a relic to contest, a relic that you have to kill or else another 5 skeletons will fall from the sky and boom, another 50 lol. there is no downside to that.

9. singinsammy

singinsammy Member

If you were to add in the WTD and altars, how about dropping

1creeper (since he's Nora grabbing, he can wait a little)
    Mobi (you've got the witches action potion)
    The death guard
    Haunt (takes several round to spawn the champs)

10. Alkioneus

Indeed they are crucial.

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'm surprised that Vendetta doesn't make it in more death benefit decks. Cast Necrosis on any non FW champ and equip Vendetta to gain damage for all the undead you're spawning.

12. Alkioneus

Problem with Vendetta/Necrosis is that FW part of the split is already heavily contested.

13. singinsammy

singinsammy Member

true, but then you're spending 35 nora plus the cost of necrosis (30 or 35?) on what's probably already an expensive champ...... do you have any thoughts on which champ you would run?

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Actually given GabrielQ's example, I think Boneshredder would be an excellent target. It is already tanky, so you'll have it around a lot longer for the damage to increase. Then you don't need necrosis. In OP's example, I'd go with Essence Devourer.

15. GabrielQ

I don't think it's worth it.

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You do gain the nora back over time through Essence Capture. I was messing around with an IS/FW deck, and put Vendetta on a Weaponsmith. Between Pummel and Fury, I was generating more nora than I could spend. That was in single player though.

17. Alkioneus

http://poxbase.com/deck/ChMCgUCz6cdYckycawcu+co4ch-cilcg1C1xs1sqsgs81s6-S5Ns4fS2_Rvr2ae2B

Current line-up, I was getting IS opponents one by one, so added Gloomwater as a silver bullet. Stitched Tyrant makes a fantastic contestor, who does not need Death Benefit to contest properly. Tortun Bokor is a second soul collector, but is a tanky and has a better staying power than Creeper, whose function is only to grab. Furies to compensate for mediocre range power and Grenadier as a buildhelper(split rune) and an invaluable addition.

18. MadLotar

MadLotar The King of Potatoes

I made one recently as well since DM witch came out. I need to test it out but Voodoo Shamfie seems nice.