fs healing for 8

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Makorov, Jan 7, 2018.

1. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

should be 4hp and 25 nora

to be fair though consecration is 30 - its probably fine, just some people use it well

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

consecrate cleanse on spot, mist you have to play it the turn before... thats a pretty big down. But if you can spam it for cheap, sure its really good. I also think that the heal factor should be less, like maybe 4 as you said.

Vash Dragneel and attio26 like this.
  3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Hidden spells, after firing, should no longer be hidden. There should be a visual indication and combat log entry the first time it activates.

Vash Dragneel, newsbuff and Makorov like this.
  4. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

If the heal was 4 I dont think it would do what it was designed to do. However at 20 nora its cheap enough to just be a decent heal let alone using it to cleanse. I think it needs a cost increase to 30 nora.

MaruXV likes this.
  5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Well, I also think (even if it did exist in the combat log) you should have a rough awareness of the top spells in each faction.

6. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

memorizing cards should never be a part of a game.

bambino likes this.
  7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's not my department normally, but I'll see if I can hack something in.

MrCharles and Makorov like this.
  8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Its a part of literally every card game

Fentum, MrCharles and Etherielin like this.
  9. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

cool, tell me about the magic the gathering cards that are blank, and secret, but just take effect and you have to guess which card it is based on the effect. im curious about these cards which are in "literally every" card game which have no visible indication of the card name, effect, or duration.

bambino likes this.
  10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Try being competitive in any card game where you don't know enough of the cards to be able to adequately predict turns

MrCharles likes this.
  11. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

what other card games have a meta with as many runes as pox? get real.

12. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

very appreciated!

13. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

dont know whats worse,, playing a complex game which offers almost no info,, or actually defending it.

No, players should not be forced to memorize thousands of cards,
    In fact pox players havent memorized cards either,, If your doing the same thing for 8 years, , its more of an intimate knowledge then a memorization. i mean really, the time of a college education!, lol.
    its one thing to say " yeah the combat log sux, but we do what we can".

but its more like",, just memorize hundreds of cards, oh and when its yer opponents turn close the game quick and u can read the checklist while your opponents moves his pieces around, etc."

heh, then,
    "why cant we get players/to stay? "
    seriously , fix the firking log.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    newsbuff and Baskitkase like this.
  14. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

Actually it's still a big part of the game to memorize cards for magic at least so you can anticipate and then counter, play around, or walk hapless into the buzzsaw if you so choose.

That being said it's not exactly tit for tat between magic the gathering and pox nora. I def get what your saying about the double blind effect on some of pox's runes (blind to when they are played and blind to when or how exactly they took effect) and the difficulty figuring out wtf just happened without any help from the log can hurt the brain even if your aware of most of the runes out there and their effects.

So i'm halfway with you and all in on wanting there to be a log that documents it at some point. You shouldn't have to have an Encylopedia log of info on a game's cards/runes/etc. in order to understand a game. Current setup requires that AND then on top of that having the know how and awarness to deduct from other (difficult to catch) peripheral occurences in order to understand wtf is going on. It's asking a little much especially considering time constraints in a PVP driven game.

...And yes of course Pox Nora has ALWAYS asked alot of it's players and the complexity of it all is one of the reasons its been around as long as it has while at the same time holding it back from broad market appeal along with some other potential challenges. The complexity in this case however, is just unnecessary.

Edit for Clarity

Etherielin and Tweek516 like this.
  15. bambino

2 noticeable differences with mtg.

1, mtg uses blocks, about 350 runes, its not like there using the entire collection ,unlike pox which is using almost 10 years(1000's) of cards at anytime,, alot less to "memorize".
    2. even tho memorizing anything will always be helpful (I suppose) its not super necessary in mtg because the information is there(without leaving the game)in your face , clearly familiarity is beneficial, but until then one is not completely lost as in pox.

rl example,,, after taking lengthy breaks from both pox and mtg in the past,
    ive noticed its far easier for me to pick up and be competitive in mtg then pox,, by far!

16. MrCharles

rl example,,, after taking lengthy breaks from both pox and mtg in the past,
    ive noticed its far easy for me to pick up and be competitive in mtg then pox,, by far!

Just IMO I don't have a problem with having a massive collection of cards all spilled into the same meta. It's not necessarily the best thing for competition purposes but I'm fan of the diversity and the high level of complexity that comes with having so many possibilities floating around out there.

Where I think we all agree is and for me the biggest issue here is not having good info readily available. It can suck at any level but if you are really new and just starting off and can't figure out why you may have just got your ass kicked (or even why some effect allowed you to win) I'm sure it can get to rage-quit level quicker than all hell. Call me old fashioned but after I've been bent over the banister and railed like I just got picked to ride bottom bunk San Quentin-style I make it a point to take a good look at the circumstances that lead me down that path and see if I can't find a different one the next time.

...And Yessur...same as you I quit both games and came back after extended breaks.

I quit MTG for over a decade ago and picked it back up last year. Within a couple of months just playing sporadically I was semi-competent again. Not high level-competitive but I at least understood 99 percent of everything that happened in games I played and spectated.

I quit pox for several years (maybe 3...4....5?...Firk i'm old) and I've been back playing sporadiacally for four to five months now and I'm just now maybe a notch above hopeless. I've forgotten half of the old interactions and even basic positioning strategy stuff. I can't say it's been all bad as with the complete restart (complete as in fresh account) it's almost like it's all new again. Frustrations have always been a part of this game for me along with the joy of enlightenment once I figure out how to overcome them.

17. bambino

yes.
    for me its all about info, its the job of the developer to get that info to player and not the reverse.
    as i said earlier , many people have grown to live with this (nothing we can do), to people even defending it (dont do that!).

other then the obvious things we all want, (patches, balance, chat etc)getting info to players through the game is most important aspect in player retention,
    this game is simply just to much, and most people are here so long and are so comfortable they can no longer see how high the entry lvl for this game is. it concerns me more then most issues actually,
    I like pox very much and want to see 1k players on.

I read this the other day,, its on the early post of the general thread,,, its a discussion of card rarity and complexity,
    but, I really enjoyed the beginning, ,, when rising complexity is noticed and its effects on population. . its a bit long, , so a skim is fine.

posted by Authyrtyr

https://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/mm/172

MrCharles likes this.
  18. MrCharles

https://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/mm/172[/QUOTE]

Good stuff. It's true that Pox has seemingly always been maxed out in all 3 types of complexity that the author offers up. I am familiar with design concepts he references and you may find it interesting to look back at other card games that have failed and why the initial concept may have been flawed and/or why subsequent expansions failed when they brought new concepts into play.

bambino likes this.
  19. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

that's a classic article for all game designers. and you're right, pox has the exact "wrong" kind of complexity

20. bambino

It's a good article , I can also understand players are doing what they can just to play,
    But I laugh (and get frustrated) at people who say things like:
    -you should be memorizing cards, ..(again familiarity comes with time, theres no one here memorizing cards, you just been looking at the same dam sceen for almost a decade),
    or
    -close the game and go looking through the web site on your opponents turn . (thats some real dumb shiat).

, its may be hard to imagine cuz we all been here so long,, investment of so much time,, money, peeps we've met and so on.
    but lets be real,,,, if u came across pox today ,, would u be buying , spending $$ on a game that doesn't even have a chat? I wouldn't and I no longer will.
    wheres the outrage!!?!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    newsbuff likes this.