FS/UD Cthulhu Fhtagn Fanclub - post 2016 end patch

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by MaruXV, Nov 7, 2016.

1. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

upload_2016-11-7_8-35-53.png
    PRO NOTES:
    - 2 amped pingers are annoying. 4 are annoying as firk(s).
    - Salaam is healed by superiority on firks.
    - you can play shardseer and get to 50% psyamp, so mindshredder does 12 dmg on ping, stitched dreameater 6 but aoe.
    - amped + sheoul mandate dmg from melee champs is absurd.
    - you play 5 amped shatter summoned. really, they cant play summons vs you.

VERSUS NOTES:
    - you have access to a lot of alt dmg, but not high dmg one
    - few tricks, quite straitghtforward deck.
    - few heals

2. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Cool deck. The dreameaters seem kinda awkward with superiority damaging and destealthing them. You basically have to keep a firk mask on them at all times. Mindslicer boomerang is a little awkward as well, since it wont damage salaam or any firk mask-equipped champs.

Shadow would be a fun spell to put in here. stealthed+amped mindshredders are the stuff of nightmares, cthulhu approved.

TeaNinja and SPiEkY like this.
  3. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

yeah, i also noticed that when i have doublemask + salaam out the boomerang gets a little nerfed even with amped out.also it destealths dreameaters.I might change it with something else, like the FS spell. Superiority is ok with dreameaters because usually they dont go with the strong side, they are more a disruption unit so they are not in superiority aoe, or they are the superiority target.

4. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

I was just thinking about making an FS/UD bg today lol i was thinking about maybe doing fire module. What really got me on the idea was thinking about vothsair ireguard with bubble of protection lol

This bg looks cool tho man nice!

5. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

iaia.png
    update 1.0
    took out boomerang, in psycoblast. out a couple of firks and in a couple of succubus, to have more pingers and mobility.
    added also relics to contest, as the bg lacks good font contesting.

6. guokamoli54

So how has this been working out for? Been able to get any good games in?

7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

not playing much recently

8. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

cth.png

postpatch update: no more dreameater cause no more ping. still not convinced on the sabotage psychic on succubus. sabotage is good, but i dont know if they are worth including just for it. For now i substitue with 2x doomball UD to have more alt dmg and proc on the only UD spells. Bg still quite easy to play,no particular combos, just stack dmg and attack for tons.

guokamoli54 likes this.
  9. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Why drop mindslicer?

10. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

I dropped it because i always want to have 2 firk masks out, and that doesnt proc mindslicer. also salaam is immune. its a lot of dmg less, really. Also i used dreameaters and they get destealthed by it. now that i dont play them anymore could be worth including one, but still its not effective as in full UD

11. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Hummm I would do some changes. Swap one of those drain vitality for boundless enthusiasm.. that spell is incredibly broken and should be auto include in any UD bg, will make your still water a beast. Also, the combo of Seismic jump + drain vitality = -5 speed on opposing champ of choice.

Second thig is, two botanists is overkill and will slow you down. Swap one with for another mindcaller (you have too few champs with psychic anguish and trust me, you will always want one out both for the nora gen but also for the psychic agony and hunter soultapped if you run it).

Lastly, your not including what I consider now to be THE best psychic ranged unit FS has, Firk Psion. He has everything range 6, dispel, anti-summon, regen and all that for 72 nora. I would definly make room for 2 of those.

12. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i'll try the new version of enthusiasm. I like the two botanists cause they give heal, cleanse, endurance. I will consider the second mindcaller, iw as considering to put in the anguish deep elf, but it get hurt by superiority.
    Psion i just noticed he is back as split faction. Surely i'll make space for one at least.

13. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

This is temporary, be warned.

14. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

Poor guy, splitted between two factions...

SireofSuns likes this.
  15. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

cthu.png

update

trying one less botanic + 1 paraform. mindslacer seems worthy even without dmg on some immune units so in again.
    mutant firk changed to sabotage psy. Mindstorm in cause it changed to psy dmg.

16. NevrGonaGivUup

Do you know if boomerang gets amped on both the damage effects?
    for example, does it work like this:

amped hits 4 ally champions for 7*1.5, 6*1.5, 5*1.5 and 4*1.5.

(10 + 9 + 7 + 6) = 32

amped hits single enemy for 32*1.5 = 48 damage

That's going to one-shot most champions, and might be worth taking out psychic-immune champs.

17. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Last time I checked it wasn't amped, which was pretty weird. But it was a while ago.

Psychic amp mostly resolves around Firk Mask, which will get you to 1.4 multiplier, but it also grants psychic immunity, so it doesn't sync well Boomerang. Psychic Blast scales better late game and you won't hit yourself. I believe the only scenarios were Boomerang would be better are vs. Shielded/Warding/DMZ or early game.

If it works as you described tho it might be worth including one.

@MaruXV your underestimating sabotage, especially Succubus. It's an amazing side font contester.

18. guokamoli54

What are everyones thoughts on Voidmage?

19. NevrGonaGivUup

Voidmage is amazing. I haven't used him myself, but he has an amazing statline:

- 12 damage is amazing for a ranged unit
    - 4-6 range is great, because it outranges most other ranged units
    - decent hp and tele and void shield together makes him pretty bulky

Spacial displasia isn't amazing but he's so good at basic attacking that it doesn't matter.

20. guokamoli54

That was my thoughts as well

edit: anyone have a fell bunny for trade? lol only one im missing

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017