Full Plate armor

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by exiledtyrant, Apr 16, 2014.

1. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

Is there a way to counteract the lumbering?

2. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

flaying
    thats why its earthbound

3. exiledtyrant

So there is no way to counteract full plate armor's lumbering?

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

At a time I used it with manic units, basically the fishkisser, who had manic and tough and 3 defense, so you could just walk him into a font and equip it to have 7 def, tough 2 +resilient and unstoppable. At that time's powerlevel, that was the heck of a tank, able to tank a whole zombie bg for example.

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

What about units like Dwarven Catapult that have lumbering already, but lose it through another mechanic such as Dwarf Driven? I know it wouldn't help your melee units, but it would keep the Catapult or Siege Engine alive longer. I think there might be some other mechanic that does the same thing, but I can't think of it right now.

*Edit - I remembered the other one I was thinking of. There is a witch that removes lumbering on zombies within a certain radius.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I tought of one, tunnel abilities aren't affected by earthbound, so you can use champions with tunnel abilities with this armor without losing too much, SL sand theme can grant anything tunnel sand.
    Ideally, the champion you equip should have passive damage, manic, assault and/or tough to make it worth it. Kanen slipped looks good and maybe a construct, that you can give manic and tough and that split with SL well is also a good candidate, animated armor looks like the better option.

7. exiledtyrant

goods ideas I'll play around with it later thanks guys. I initially made FW/IS deck using a lot of debuffs and reflects since ritual of ashes and shield of darkness work really well when combined with righteous deflection, divine reprisal and granite bracers. I like plate armor I just hate lumbering

8. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

This thing used to be thrown on the earth elemental way back in the day once he got where he needed to go. Having tunnel still allowed him to get somewhere else of he needed to without moving at a snail's pace due to lumbering.

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It might not be terrible situationally, but mostly its terrible.

10. ARlSTOTLE

ARlSTOTLE The King of Potatoes

That would work on Catapult, but Siege Engine is unequippable.

11. Grand General Mosh

Grand General Mosh Devotee of the Blood Owl

Those were the days. 40+Def Earth Eles tunneling to the shrine and avalanching all over that Bane Shift.

12. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

There are champions that are amazing with that equipment. A slow unsinkable unit isn't necessarily bad half the time if you need a mid font choked off.

Tales of valor + this equipment is really good for an unstoppable brick wall of defense-based power.

I think it should give 1 def and tough 3 for the fact it demolishes you for becoming invincible.