Fun-static elecDeck! (suggestions?)

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by PsiQ23, May 30, 2015.

1. PsiQ23

PsiQ23 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Greetings! I've been getting very enthusiastic about SP since I played with voils and now I know my next BG is going to be focused on electric damage because... Why not?
    Do any of you have one such BG? If so what do I need to focus on to do a fun deck? Thanks!

2. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

All of your units being Elec Dmg, with one or 2 (maximum) exceptions. Speels like: Stormwrack, Lighting storm, etc. is auto include. Some meta runes (banner, lighting totem, WotM) are auto in too. For the units: Cyclonic Fesh, Voil Stormflyer, the elec nids, Spark Crone, Voltaic Slag, the elec cyclops, and so on. When I get in home, I will post a bg for you ;)

3. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Ionization,static bracelet and of course lightning rod(iv seen some sp players do really fast kills with it,its amazing).

4. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

5. Ifem21

6. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

try to run 2 barbarian bolt instead of the 2 stormcaller ( the aid defense is wasted without other clops in the bg and the barbarian has the same "bomb" )

7. PsiQ23

guys, I'm finnaly in a position to start building a elecDeck, but... is it worth it? do you think there is enough material to make a competetive BG? I say this after finnishing a UD FireDmg deck for with I have loads of option. An electroDeck on the other hand, I want to do mostly because of runes like Lighning Elemental and Cyclonic Fesh (and possibly, Aspect of Chaos), so I'm afraid of wasting time energy and resources on something that might not work in the end.

What do you think?

8. Ifem21

Yes, it's possible, and since there are not so much Elec Imu/Resistance/Eater it's pretty good at moment. Try a FF SP or (in last case) split with FS.

9. limone1981

you can also split with IS (there are some synergies also there) and just an advice:don't run ONLY electricity dmg : put at least another 3 sources of alt dmg (magic physical and something else) without that you gonna have tons of problems with One with the nora champ,Kf in general(and that damn spell),Void Shield

10. PsiQ23

hmmmm... Thanks. I feel more confident now. One more quetistion. Do you think Aspect of Chaos fit well in this theme? Still wondering if it's worth all the work to get it, althought I love that rune, but my time to play is limited so it would take a LONG time to get it

11. limone1981

One thing is sure about Electric dmg champ in sp: they are pretty costy norawise. 90 nora (the cheapest build)for the Aspect is a huge investment in a game and requires a bit of luck (hoping to don't face a reaper's blade or draw the aspect at the first turn) and skill ( don't rush with the aspect). You can try it but in a FF SP probably there are better choices.

12. Ifem21

He is good. But too expensive, and needs to be carefull when playing, cause he is a snowball champ, he will get stronger and stronger, and because of that, he is focused in the moment you deploy him. I use one in my bg, but only deploy him in specific situations, and with extra care.

13. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

The other issue with electric is that it's a theme centered on damage-type, rather than race. That's problematic because it looks like many abilities are being redesigned to be racially centered (warcry, the new boosts, etc.). Long-term, that may present a problem since lightning bgs won't interface well with those abilities.

14. Ifem21

Yes, it can be a problem in future. But now, Elec bgs are just great (even without proper amp) cause of the lack of resistance/immunity/eater of this type arround, and we need to stay this way to keep thsi theme alive, since the others damage-type themes (fire and ice) are all ampable to the max.

15. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Apologies for a lengthy post--too many drinks in Mexico. Personally, I like electric because it's not a racial-based theme, which I worry will encourage redevelopment of the same mechanics with different sprites. We're already seeing this with warcry (and now boost) which preserve the same "overpowered" mechanics (but limit them to a specific race). What that tells me is we haven't limited the combinations of abilities enough (and are resorting to racial limitations to do so). That's inevitable to some degree as a game expands, but expansion also creates an opportunity for more targeted abilities that limit interactions. Using warcry as example, the damage and ap generating components could have been separated or warcry could be made unique (I.e. No double dks and skeezick generals in the same bg). Instead, we limited the ability to racial groups and I suspect we'll see the same problem emerge as more voil or dwarves or skeezick emerge.

Instead, and I've said this before, play style based modules will be a better development focus. They will add uncertainty in predicting what your opponent will run and create additional choices in deck building. For example, I thought lightning rod plus illusions plus AOE Lightning damage was a great combo, just like old sok plus bolt was an interesting combo (needs a slam champ). golem plus totem was okay, but I thought it was too much damage for too little set up. Anyway, it's a decent theme that has some good models for other themes.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    Ifem21 likes this.
  16. limone1981

try it in the storm field of the new IS barb and taste the tears of your enemy (10 dmg of the Fury attack plus another 10 for 2 spacec Kb in the field plus another 12 for 2 spaces in the poison cloud) obviously with the Light Ele with Electricity Eater.