Future Ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Olgachary, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Olgachary

Olgachary The King of Potatoes

As this expansion is coming to a close ready for the dawn of a new one it's a time when the lovely developers of this game will be looking for directions for new runes.

So what did and didn't get some love this last expansion and what would you all like to see in future expansions?

Personally I would like to see the return of the Djinn as a race for ease of searching and Strigs returning as a race with some racial spells (SO tired of using the griffon spells). They have a solid pool of runes and barely need anything to make them a fantastic theme.

In the way of other races and themes needing some loving, the humans and inquisition themes are in dire need of some love. The inquisition would also help shaman bg's have a more significant theme as well. It's currently so hard to justify playing inquisition with so few runes fitting the theme. More humans also opens up humans as a theme bg.

Gherns haven't seen attention in a very long time now. I've had conversations with a few people thinking they'd gone extinct from a lore perspective.

Cyclopes are a struggle to play with in the current meta, their size being a big hindrance and not much theme across them so could use a bit of love but their slow speed and large size makes them easy prey.

Imps could also finally lose their demon race and come into their own with their AP domination style and indirect combat.

But that's just my opinion and put simply it's easy to complain but more difficult to make these things into a comprehensive theme and idea but I hope it gives a little direction to future discussions.

Any ideas from others?

aseryen likes this.
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Imps strike me as demons. The Nefari could likely lose Demon though.

badgerale likes this.
  3. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Cheap Suicide vampire support unit and vampire ability RE evaluation. Blood crest cost reduction, and making vampire stats a bit more useful.

4. DiCEM0nEY

Skeleton and spirit differentiation, within the context of surge decks for spirit, and general direction for the skeleton theme as a whole.

5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

imp style would be pretty neat.

i find a lot of them very under whelming atm.

6. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

imps have no magic damage, no range, no bombs, and no tanks

7. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

i want cyclops to be pure stat bags with slow speed but have loads of hp and dmg

so add boost back ?

8. DiCEM0nEY

No, that wouldn't work. They need a racially binding mechanic from my understanding. But not boost, since u don't want too many Cyclops deployed in the first place. They would function well with Cyclops themed relics and equips imo. Something that also takes advantage of their size in a unique way. Cyclops catapult for instance.

9. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

hmmmm.....no mechanics exist for what I think cyclops racial should be.
    something like one eyed titan - any champion with precision does +4 damage to this unit, small champions injured by this units basic attack loses 2 ap , and 1 speed for 4 turns champions with 0 ap are kb 3 spaces instead.

10. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

A reinforcement expansion where the races with less then 20/30 runes get reinforced by common/uncommon meat shields, ranged units, healers, basic bg fillouts with basic abilities, sounds maybe a bit boring but would be so fun still to be able to make theme decks even if they dont have any new superabilities.
    About cyclops they should just be slow sad meat shields, hunter small and dreed auras/fear auras then range 1-2 with their big clubs, combined with dead eater/consume small. maybe some jump or a charge as mobile ability

11. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Id hate for clops to get a racial.

12. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

Bring back Gem ranks and blue names. These purple ranks look ugly.