fw jellies

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by OriginalG1, Aug 1, 2016.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

upload_2016-8-2_1-40-40.png
    jelly cool down lock down, fw nora lock down. Hella nora generation. Adaptive Magnus with hammer throw. Stat boosting every where. Good healing. Anti healing. Cheep spell spams. This bg is good, but not as good as lag. Toll Take life siphon and hex.

@TeaScholar @potatonuts @everyoneiamproudofthis

poinl, Qucas, newsbuff and 1 other person like this.
  2. OriginalG1

It's not a game any more, we're take'n lives!

Qucas and potatonuts like this.
  3. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

4. TeaScholar

I'm stealin it and tryin it.

I thought for sure you'd take this chance to test setback too

DrakeArron likes this.
  5. OriginalG1

I really feel like there is a lot of spells that would be good. dead magic zone voodoo would not be bad. It is just my first run at the idea. The battle group is in it's infancy. It is up to us to nourish it.

Qucas and TeaScholar like this.
  6. TeaScholar

also, sorry for the additional post, but putting this together just begs the question- why not just run pure jellies? why doesn't anyone do that? Jellies are so annoying...

DrakeArron, Qucas and OriginalG1 like this.
  7. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

You could use Dreameater + Chillshard for extra bullshit.

poinl, Qucas and OriginalG1 like this.
  8. OriginalG1

When I build this bg, I knew timmy might be a better option, but it had been awhile since I used Magnus the fallen, just wanted to try him out.

Out side of sands of time, and creativity, I am wondering if i really need the jellies though. I might be better just do a mixed meta or something with the spell spamming in mind.

9. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Been running this lately, it's really fun!

Mine after several iterations:
    upload_2016-8-10_11-39-58.png

• Lich module with Adaptive Genesis Liches, plus Favor & Lich support with Dark Apprentice
    • Jelly tanks, almost guaranteed to end up with teleport/regen late game due to how this deck plays
    • Mindwipe equip + brightmoon lich mindwipe for contesting/delaying while you rake in the marsh song/nora hex benefits
    • weakness is maybe MVP spell in this for dirt cheap 4 turn disable, again for delays/spell charges
    • doom essential for hard-counters like spell-eaters/magic immunes

OriginalG1 likes this.
  10. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

the cool thing about this deck and the new mulligan, and running 2x marsh song and 2x stitched librarian, if you can draw a first turn librarian + marsh song, you come out the gate with:
    • +10 Nora (Marsh Song)
    • +1 Nora (Nora Hex)
    • +3 Nora (Split FS bonus)
    • -------------------
    • +14 Nora NET
    This means you can play down a font and STILL be ahead of your opponent. If you can contest while using Weakness, Life Siphon, and Bubble of Protection to survive, the Nora gap will continue to grow larger.

Generally, I find that most games I have one librarian with ~50 charges and another with ~15 charges for a total 22 Nora Penalty to opponent's generation. Running 2x Librarians, getting one out within the first 3 turns (before you start casting spells), and then PROTECTING them is victory condition. Then it's just a waiting game and protecting your guys, even if you're down a font (or even two). The longer the game goes, the higher the Nora Hex stacks.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  11. Willow

Willow I need me some PIE!

I saw someone fkn destroy minos while being down a font with this the other day. Cant remember who but it was but it is a savage bg.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  12. OriginalG1

Thank you for the further contribution NewsBuffs! Your reasoning is sound!

I am going to try your build out. You dropped the Darkweaver's competly, witch gives it more of meta build. Probably for the best. Do you feel like adaptive on the fw side justifies magnus? I was noticing you can run magle shell with tariff or battle leader. Each ability would fit the bg.

13. OriginalG1

the collective, soul sphere + mason spire, the meta build opens up a lot of options.

collective struggle with augment of creation

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  14. OriginalG1

after some tests. I should break up the races even more for the collective.

upload_2016-8-10_16-19-38.png

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016