FW (Meta) Equips Tier List

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Sep 19, 2017.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

One of these for everything. Works in the same way as other tier lists -- "Is this rune good in a junk deck?" I'll flesh the rest of the thread out later, just want to get it and the other two up for now.

t1

Bone Circle Staff

Enervating Collar

Soul Reaver

t1.5

Black Pearl

Blight Ring

Cloak of Skulls

Mind Shackle

Reaper's Blade

Sacrificial Dagger

Shield of Darkness

Stitched Hex Doll

Vendetta

t2

Ancient Elsari Helm

Bag of Filth

Bracelet of Mirrors

Crown of Nightbarbs

Cursed Blade

Elsari Shackles

Elsari Mindshank

Fleshsewn Helm

Ghost Pendant

Mindflayer

Pestilence

Tempest Crown

Wraith's Tear

t3+

Crown of Corruption

Darkmarsh Blackstaff

Lichbone Staff

2. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Soul reaver is good on xulous.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think it is. It's one of the better forms of spot-cleanse in the game, and it provides both powerful and incredibly safe utility in exchange for a deck slot. I think FW junk decks need cleanse less than a lot of other decks, but when you have a source as comparatively good as Soul Reaver, I feel very comfortable putting it at t1. Why do you think it should drop down?

4. DiCEM0nEY

Because your tanks in FW tend to be low cost and replaceable, and your ranged units don't use it enough for it to be t1 in my experience. 30 nora is alot, in another faction, it might be very strong, but FW doesn't really make good use of it due to their bonus and types of units they use. Let's be honest, bone circle staff is by far the best FW equip. That is the true t1. Nothing else comes close.

On that note, I never seem to use dispel. Alot of things go around it, like adaptive. I understand why it is t1, but, I rarely seen to use it

5. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

BCS is mostly a tech choice for me. It still provides long-term value without summons, which is nice, but FW has a lot of things that provide long-term value. Both Enervating Collar and Soulreaver open your deck up a bit for finesse plays as well, where an advanced player can get unexpected kills or mess up their opponent's next turn with the secondary clauses.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think that this is a decent analysis. Like davre mentioned, though, it does come with a good secondary clause, and it lets you pull some particular responses. To be honest, I think it's a lot better if you are running Serkan or Xulos -- especially Serkan.

I agree with this. I almost never deploy BCS except when I need to blow up summons -- but the thing is just so damn good at doing that, that I think it's tier 1 for that alone. Plus, there are plenty of pets and summons about right now, with ST beasts, Mika, KF pets, and all the misc stuff that shows up in the FW mirror. The more that I have played around with it, the more that I have come to hate BCS, and the rituals in general, precisely because of what they do to the environment for summons. Don't get me wrong, it's liberating to never worry about Swarm ever again, but BCS alone warps the meta-game a bit. And, like you say Dice, anything meta-warping probably belongs in t1.

It does stink that Adaptive and Thirst for Battle can't get dispelled. Still, it has some specific uses that are very powerful: getting rid of Scrapper/Snow Shroud; removing Bubbles; and wiping Impervious from various sources. More generally, it is great for removing temporary defensive bonuses in order to pick up kills on the same turn. And at 25 nora, it counters a lot of defensive spells at- or below-cost.

All that stuff in mind, if I was forced to rank the t1 equips, I'd say BCS > Collar > Soul Reaver.

7. DiCEM0nEY

Should pestilence be higher? Beginning to think I overlooked it because of crossbones. I'm going to try it out. I'm guessing that the spot rotting blows is going to be extremely powerful and game changing. Tomblord, lich apprentice, and xulous, and make up great value for the equipment in my skeketon deck.