FW Meta

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by BroWatchThis, Jul 24, 2014.

1. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'm just curious as to what the new FW Meta bg looks like and what the purpose of it is.

Post your best FW Meta bgs here!

2. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

I just tossed a bunch of pretty good champs together. Im sure this can be improved upon. meta.JPG

3. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

This BG has been in a constant work in progress, as any good meta bg should be. The rip witches and whorefrosts were other champs before, like dead fairy, but I find rip witch to be a BEAST. Also, I'm a huge fan of auras and shutting down advances, which haunting grip is great for in so many ways, especially when you run two. E soldier's hex and aura is too efficient to not run, and coragh was an anthropomancer before and while its good to have heals on FW because people don't expect it and it DOES come in handy... but I replaced him with coragh. TRUST me, I really do truly wish I could just run all my lims and legs like pre-re-vamp. Then there'd be a reason I have two coraghs. And omg lamia needs to be cheaper FFS. I can't run so much good crap I used to run, but the efficiency of this bg makes up for it.

upload_2014-7-25_0-15-14.png

4. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

Revised a bit asdas.JPG

5. BroWatchThis

I like the general idea of this bg. I'm not sure how I feel about Serkan. I would honestly take him out and add another high warlock, and maybe replace Xulos as well. The two dusk creepers seem a little overkill. One has alyways been enough for me.

6. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

I like running dusk creeper, 2x deathcaster, 2x polluted martyr for a crazy nora return (might as well add the harvester bird). Death Guard deserves 2x in my opinion, he is very good now.

why no whisperghast?

7. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

Is it better to run a a Dusk Creeper with improve range, improve damage or just run two for both range and damage. I am undecided on the matter.

8. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

hmm run one dusk creeper, thats enough imo

EDIT: improved range for sure

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    BroWatchThis likes this.
  9. BroWatchThis

Honestly, I would just run one. One is plenty. Two is overkill and you end up missing the other spot for something like a second high warlock, whisperghast, etc.

10. TeaScholar

I personally am adamant about having two dusk creepers.

11. BroWatchThis

Why?

12. TeaScholar

Convenience and the sheer fact that they can keep my nora game on lock. And away from my opponents. Remember when people ran two coraghs? I still have two limited corys that I would like to run, but I only need to run one nowaday IF i run one, which I don't really do too much lately. But the reason people ran two coraghs mostly is simply because it allows a doubled chance at revealing that champ. There might be a game where you needed that creeper so bad but it was the last run you revealed. Having two virtually assures that won't happen. I like that satisfaction, but that's just me.

BroWatchThis likes this.
  13. BroWatchThis

I completely understand that. I have bgs where I have two of a champ that I would usually only have one of out of sheer desparation for that rune to be in play.

14. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

I haven't changed mine since last patch, so I'll have to look at a replacement for Dusk Creeper I think.

15. TeaScholar

For what? He's more efficient now if you ask me, and I take the stealth over the range improve. Improve range is cool and all but at the end of the day, dusk creeper getting focused off was a problem, now it isn't as much. And I can have two of those little devils roaming around stealthed? Maybe I'm just a nora fiend

BroWatchThis likes this.